Is Your Significant Other Pro or Anti Football?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by telecaster, Sep 10, 2012.

1. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    The start of every season is the same old shit. I get slammed with shit that needs to get done around the house, when I try to get everything done on Saturday afternoon. Today, she was out pulling weeds and doing yard work and acting like a cunt while I was watching the game...I called her on it and told her that she acts like a bitch every year at this time...any other guy have this problem? I just want to watch football in peace. :dontknow:

2. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Next time she's watching Ellen, sit on her lap naked and take a shit.

3. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Threaten to take off your shoe so you won't hurt your hand. She'll understand the meaning behind those words. They all do . . . :D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  4. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    Yeah it's an issue for me especially during playoffs since I won't miss a game. I get through it by literally planning a date with some thought. It makes her feel special and she can gab about it to her girlfriends so I get some breathing room.

Good luck :worried:

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I'm old school. I just won't do shit around the house other than say cook on the BBQ if I feel like it. But then again I married a girl who has the same old school mentality that I do. So it works out just fine . . .

6. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    Whoa!

I went back to school for a Masters and I'm telling you Herc the new crop of girls don't even know how to cook an egg. My Persian princess thought the chicken smelled so she boiled it thinking the odor would go away. Turns out the chicken was just old and no longer edible :facepalm:

However some country girls still know how to cook so not all is lost, give up the sketch now.

7. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    We were born in the wrong generation my friend. Our fathers never had this problem. I blame Oprah! ;)

- - -

P.S. Seriously you can weed them out pretty easily if you have any doubt. Once you go to their parent's house and see how their father commands his household you know what your dealing with. If his wife looks and acts as the "Alpha Male" so to speak while your there, you know your fucked.

If you go there and you sit down with the father alone once you enter the door and both mother and daughter scurry to the kitchen after greeting you. It's a good sign of good things to come. It's easier if you are say both of the same blood obviously. As you can judge in greater detail due to your knowledge of the customs and practices of your culture their behavior. The normality of it so to speak. :)

8. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    Not sure if trolling or if I should laugh at the sadness of this thread... :bigthink

9. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    No...my girlfriend is a huge baseball fan but will watch football, she did yesterday and will go to Bruins games with me so I can't complain

10. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As a wife, I'll tell you that I love football, and really don't mind my husband watching most of the weekend - AS long as he does what he needs to do, chore-wise before he checks out... I have friends who get PISSED when football season starts, complaining the whole time, but I don't give him too much sh*t for it. The only thing that gets me upset is when he GOES to a game - and it starts at 1:00, so he has to leave around 11:00, and somehow, can't seem to get home till LONG after the game ends .... "traffic getting out of the stadium, hanging out, finishing up their drinks".... um, yeah.... no.

11. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I do whatever my wife and kids want every weekend for eight months out of the year, but they know for seventeen Sundays between September and January I'm not doing anything with them. They are fine with that. My wife keeps them busy. I'm still in the house to entertain the kids if needed. But I'm not going to any b'day parties, school shopping, grocery shopping, or any of that crap. If something needs to be done around the house I'll do as much as I can before 1 pm but after that I'm done. It's only 17 days out of a year. My wife is pretty laid back. I've learned that most wives hate it when their husbands enjoy themselves.

12. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    My wife and I are both equally into football (and baseball). She's also way into college basketball, which is awesome. Probably because she played b-ball and volleyball in high school.

13. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    that's the way it goes...how many football games does he actually go to a year?

What's the big deal?

14. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not that many, since the Dolphins BITE this year... AGAIN. So, no - I don't jump him for coming in late - like Horff said, it's only 17 Sundays a year. I give the man a break.

Plus, I like football myself. So I don't care that he's enjoying a game. :)

15. punkinpie

punkinpie New Member

Reputations:
    I hate sports of any kind, but I'm always glad when they're on. I'm addicted to playing a game online and I don't feel guilty about being on when he's busy doing something else. It works out.

16. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    I would rather have a woman who can cook than have a woman who wears football jerseys and pretends she knows all the rules.

:cheer:

17. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    gotta pick your games. if i tell my wife on friday that the sunday night game is a must-see, i get peace and control of the TV for a few hours while she's playing words with friends next to me. if i watched football from saturday afternoon until sunday night, like the OP my wife would give me hell too. i'd rather be outside anyway - life is too short to watch a ton of TV

18. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    and this.

19. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    funny you should start a thread about this. I just got a call this morning yelling at me for sitting around the house on Sunday watching football rather than taking the kids outside to play.

20. slybry

slybry New Member

Reputations:
    I guess I'm pretty lucky. My wife never breaks my balls. I golf in a league on Saturdays, witch is an all day affair. Sundays I watch the 1, 4 and the 8pm games and not a peep. That's the way it should be. We work hard all week. Leave us alone during football season and for the rest of the year for Shit sake!