ISIS welcome on campus free speech or insanity? Discuss

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SouthernListen, Mar 25, 2015.

1. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    http://nypost.com/2015/03/24/cornell-dean-says-isis-welcome-on-campus-in-undercover-video/

Cornell dean says ISIS welcome on campus in undercover video
    By Carl Campanile

March 24, 2015 | 10:33pm

This guy is either the dumbest Ivy League bigwig ever or politically correct to a fault — for welcoming offers to bring ISIS and Hamas to Cornell University.

A video sting operation shows Cornell’s assistant dean for students, Joseph Scaffido, agreeing to everything suggested by an undercover muckraker posing as a Moroccan student.

Scaffido casually endorses inviting an ISIS “freedom fighter’’ to conduct a “training camp” for students at the upstate Ithaca campus — bizarrely likening the activity to a sports camp.

Is it OK to bring a humanitarian pro-“Islamic State Iraq and Syria” group on campus, the undercover for conservative activist James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas asks.

Sure, Scaffido says in the recorded March 16 meeting.

Scaffido doesn’t even blink an eye when the undercover asks about providing material support for terrorists — “care packages, whether it be food, water, electronics.”

How about supporting Hamas?

No problem at all, Scaffido said.

“The university is not going to look at different groups and say, ‘You’re not allowed to support that group because we don’t believe them’ or something like that. I think it’s just the opposite. I think the university wants the entire community to understand what’s going on in all parts of the world,” Scaffido said.

The undercover asked if he can invite “a freedom fighter to come and do like a training camp for students.”

Scaffido responds, “You would be allowed to do something like that. It’s just like bringing in a coach, to do a training, a sports trainer or something,” the Cornell official said.

The State Department includes both ISIS and Hamas on its list of terrorist organizations.

Cornell brass responded to a Post inquiry made to Scaffido.

“Cornell fully supports the free exchange of ideas and does not review or control the political ideology of our students. We do not, of course, tolerate unlawful advocacy of violence, and the comment about training by ISIS freedom fighters does not reflect university policy,” said Joel Malina, Cornell’s vice president for university relations.

2. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    http://nypost.com/2015/03/24/cornell-dean-says-isis-welcome-on-campus-in-undercover-video/

Cornell dean says ISIS welcome on campus in undercover video
    By Carl Campanile

March 24, 2015 | 10:33pm

This guy is either the dumbest Ivy League bigwig ever or politically correct to a fault — for welcoming offers to bring ISIS and Hamas to Cornell University.

A video sting operation shows Cornell’s assistant dean for students, Joseph Scaffido, agreeing to everything suggested by an undercover muckraker posing as a Moroccan student.

Scaffido casually endorses inviting an ISIS “freedom fighter’’ to conduct a “training camp” for students at the upstate Ithaca campus — bizarrely likening the activity to a sports camp.

Is it OK to bring a humanitarian pro-“Islamic State Iraq and Syria” group on campus, the undercover for conservative activist James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas asks.

Sure, Scaffido says in the recorded March 16 meeting.

Scaffido doesn’t even blink an eye when the undercover asks about providing material support for terrorists — “care packages, whether it be food, water, electronics.”

How about supporting Hamas?

No problem at all, Scaffido said.

“The university is not going to look at different groups and say, ‘You’re not allowed to support that group because we don’t believe them’ or something like that. I think it’s just the opposite. I think the university wants the entire community to understand what’s going on in all parts of the world,” Scaffido said.

The undercover asked if he can invite “a freedom fighter to come and do like a training camp for students.”

Scaffido responds, “You would be allowed to do something like that. It’s just like bringing in a coach, to do a training, a sports trainer or something,” the Cornell official said.

The State Department includes both ISIS and Hamas on its list of terrorist organizations.

Cornell brass responded to a Post inquiry made to Scaffido.

“Cornell fully supports the free exchange of ideas and does not review or control the political ideology of our students. We do not, of course, tolerate unlawful advocacy of violence, and the comment about training by ISIS freedom fighters does not reflect university policy,” said Joel Malina, Cornell’s vice president for university relations.

3. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only if they plan on killing them

4. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Wow, I fucked that thread start up, didn't I?

5. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Once mommy and daddy stop funding them and they realize how little value their degrees hold, they'll be sucking dick for McChickens.

6. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Where is the thread dedicated to O'keefe trying to get black people to advocate killing cops, and FAILING?

O'Keefe is just a young Rush Limbaugh, Sharpton type. anything to get the sheeple to buy into his rhetoric.

7. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Ya...

8. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    they can meet on campus, but the other religious fanatics cannot.

Man, I should have taken that job in the Air Force as the Atheist Chaplain.

9. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Western Leftists have a guilt-driven death wish. That would be OK, except they're dragging us along with them.

10. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Frankly I'm glad they can meet on campus, anyone stupid enough to go to a public meeting for ISIS, deserves all the protests and surveillance we can throw at them.

Where is the story?

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Denouncing ISIS is considered hate speech on this campus, young man:nono:

Consider your scholarship terminated.