Isn't the Sal is stupid fake bit getting a little old?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rob0729, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ok, I thought that they really were stretching the fake bit of Sal being stupid way too thin when he thought it was Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band. Like any guy growing up on Long Island in the 70s and 80s didn't own at least "Born in the USA" or "Born to Run".

But today they might have gone so far that even the Howard Sheep might actually catch on that him being stupid is just a bit. He didn't know the movie Gettysburg was about the Civil War and that the Civil War involved fighting over slavery?!? Can even Stern cult members be so blind to think Sal is really that dumb?

2. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
  3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You just blew my mind.

4. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Howard really just has nothing funny left.

5. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    The bit was old years ago. Sal is no Mensa candidate but he was able to function successfully enough in boiler room stock sales to purchase a home and raise three kids. The things they claim he doesn't know are delusional

6. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yep,,,the same old tired re-treaded bits.....over and over and over......:coffee: Benjy and his girlfriend aka Stern Staff writer go into the archives and just re=write old bits over and over and over. :rolleye:Same conversations,,,,same bits........

Only tired bits I never get tired of is Richard Christy .....he can talk about "life on the farm " any day and it never gets old or tired.

Thank you
    Peace & love

7. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    they have detailed meetings and discuss what recycled bullsht they're going to do thinking fans are fckn idiots and won't remember.

8. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He has nothing funny left except his looks. now that's really funny!

9. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    Humor on a morning radio show, what a concept

Jennicide likes this.
  10. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I wish Howard would remember that and bring back the humor to the show. Stupid Sal Character equals stupidity, not humor.

11. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I actually find the show humorous a lot, but it is more laughing as the ridiculous lies and rewriting of history rather than any intentional humor.

12. Maddysmom

Maddysmom Kunt Banned User

Reputations:
    I can't do it, I just can't, I click on the Sirius app and sometimes it opens to H 100 so I decide to listen for a couple of seconds while I find O&A's channel or pick shows to download and I can't make it more than a minute without turning it off because of some blatant lie or Robin horseshit. I don't know how you stomach it, I really don't.

13. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I refuse to ever listen to Howard on the App. He gets credit for me listening to him on it. I listen to O&A and NFL radio near exclusively on that app since it will give O&A more ratings that will piss off Howard.

14. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They should at least mix up the history that Sal pretends not to know - just did the Civil War bit last October.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news13/10-28.htm

"Howard played a clip of Sal talking about Custer's last stand being during the Civil War. He said he was the leader of the north side of America and General Lee was the leader of the south. Sal said that Custer's last stand was when we won over the south. Howard said a 4 year old knows more than him. Howard asked how he doesn't know that stuff. He said he's a complete moron. Robin said this doesn't prove he's a moron but it does show he's not informed. Howard said he wasn't a great student but this stuff seeped in at some point.

Howard played a clip of Sal talking about the Civil War and why the north was against the south. He said that the south was still making blacks ride in the back of the bus. Howard asked if he's serious. Howard said he's so fucked up. He said he can't believe they hired him."

15. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lets go out in style WIGGY bring back Jackie,Billy West, John 4 your man on the seen. Dig in ya hip u cheap mother fucker. At least u go out a hero 4 trying. P S get rid of sal and that idiot partner of his Richard. Fuck the phony calls we now no there set ups thanks to OPIE.

16. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    OK, how about you explain what made that segment both humorous and entertaining. Please use specific examples that made you chuckle and/or laugh out loud.

17. Psyche

Psyche Freethinker

Reputations:
    Wait... The Howard Stern show is still on the air? :wtf:

18. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    Agree. I discovered some like a 25 hr "Sal" compilation thing on youtube not too long ago. In fact, I thought I read someone from here put them together. Anyway, I didn't listen to the whole thing, but skipped around and ahead and I swear I came upon like 10 incidents just randomly where everyone, but particularly Gary and John Hein, made whole segments out of how stupid Sal is. There are several WUS segments where that's ALL Gary and John talk about. And they relentlessly quizzed him to prove it. Funny thing is though, Sal actually answered a lot of the questions right, but they'd gloss right over that until they got to a question he couldn't answer and then would spend 10 minutes bagging on him for missing the question. They sounded like 2 little petty bitches. I'm not saying Sal is a SMART guy, but he's not as dumb as they all make him out to be AND like you said, THSS REALLY overplays this bit.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  19. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    hey listen the show is as good as its ever been, dont like it why do you listen? I mean he is just a guy on the radio talking about his weekend how dare he :jj: holy fuck DS has been invaded by the doooshes of christmas past today

wtf did SFN close down and we got all the kids wearing helmets over here now?

20. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    And I don't give a shit what some questionable "IQ" test claims, Gary is f'in STUPID.