It’s official: Harrison Ford will star in ‘Blade Runner’ sequel

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Feb 27, 2015.

  1. boognishstern

    boognishstern Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    27,731
    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2012
    Messages:
    3,124
    Likes Received:
    4,474
    It’s official: Harrison Ford will star in ‘Blade Runner’ sequel
    By Soraya Nadia McDonald February 27 at 5:25 AM
    [​IMG]
    Harrison Ford in “Blade Runner.” (THE LADD COMPANY / WARNER BROS.)
    Well, this is one way to erase the vicious hangover left by “Exodus: Gods and Kings”: remind people of a much-beloved classic based on Philip K. Dick’s “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?”

    Alcon Entertainment confirmed Thursday that Harrison Ford would be reprising his role as Rick Deckard in the sequel to Ridley Scott’s 1982 classic “Blade Runner.”

    He may not be playing Indiana Jones in the franchise reboot, but between this and “Star Wars,” no one is forgetting Ford’s glory days as a leading man. We see you, Harrison. Carry on.

    The sequel’s been in the works for some time now, and shooting is scheduled to begin next summer. However, Scott will not be directing. That responsibility will lay with Denis Villeneuve, who helmed “Prisoners” and “Enemy,” which both starred Jake Gyllenhaal, and just wrapped his latest film, “Sicario,” with Benicio Del Toro and Emily Blunt.

    Even though he’s executive producing, it’s difficult to imagine a “Blade Runner” sequel without Scott. “Blade Runner” is a beautifully lit noir construction, and it’s Ridley’s vision through and through. Won’t a sequel just feel like a cheap knockoff? Not necessarily — Scott was still deeply involved. He worked with original screenwriter Hampton Fancher to conceptualize the script, which reportedly blew Ford away.

    “I sent him this and he said it’s the best thing he’s ever read,” Scott told MTV News last year. “It’s very relevant to what happened in the first one.”

    In a statement, Andrew Kosgrove and Broderick Johnson of Alcon Entertainment called the script “a uniquely potent and faithful sequel.”

    The original “Blade Runner” was set in 2019, and follow-up will be set several decades into the future.

    More than 30 years after its release, “Blade Runner’s” influence is still palpable, perhaps most recently in the short-lived Fox drama “Almost Human,” which starred Michael Ealy as a “defective” android named Dorian with something resembling human intuition and emotion. Dorian’s ability to think and feel and rationalize is exactly what would have made him a prime target in “Blade Runner.”
     
  2. PI Nate

    PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

    Reputations:
    267,099
    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2011
    Messages:
    52,197
    Likes Received:
    51,797
    Rachel died? :nocheer:
     
  3. blindbella

    blindbella Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    86,655
    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2014
    Messages:
    5,355
    Likes Received:
    15,618
    It won't be as good as the original.
     
  4. Rupert Pupkin

    Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

    Reputations:
    84,190
    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2012
    Messages:
    8,486
    Likes Received:
    15,941
    35 years later ?????

    Hollywood is out of ideas.

    Let them produce Private Parts ll with PC and part-time Howard. The film will be 45 minutes long, feature no nudity or laughs and contain dozens of product placements.

    The film ends with a blue screen showing a toll-free number and website for cat-shelter donations.
     
  5. playitagainfred

    playitagainfred Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    15,423
    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2012
    Messages:
    2,818
    Likes Received:
    5,498
    this could be an outstanding sequel - if they follow the set up of the "final cut" version of blade runner. with a much older decker and rachel both being replicants with no expiration date, they could find themselves looking for the same answers roy battie was in the original. ironic huh?
     
  6. Javaforgotme

    Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

    Reputations:
    30,103
    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2013
    Messages:
    2,904
    Likes Received:
    6,277
    True - but there were like 6 additional versions of BR - even a new edit by RS

    So even the original was screwed with.

    If RS is in control I have faith - And it gives an opp to help tie into the Alien/Promethius universe.

    It will largely dependent on the writing/story.

    I say there's a 75% chance they'll fuc4 it up. I'm holding onto the 25%.
     
    SalsMasterShake likes this.
  7. x76

    x76 Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    34,939
    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2010
    Messages:
    4,219
    Likes Received:
    5,521
    BAD IDEA.
     
  8. DinnerSocks

    DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    39,433
    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2014
    Messages:
    5,405
    Likes Received:
    12,602
    While visually stunning and way ahead of its time, the original is one of the most boringest movies ever!
     
  9. Skipnoid

    Skipnoid Lick Me!

    Reputations:
    130,457
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    12,544
    Likes Received:
    16,657
    Probably not. But he's a cool guy. I'll watch any movie he's in. He flies a Beaver ... and I'm not talking about the same Beaver you clowns are thinking about right now, it's one like this:
    [​IMG]
    Although I'm not sure he's a float plane pilot. The one I saw him flying was on wheels. Floats are WAY cooler :D
     
    blindbella and Blur like this.
  10. Chatsworth

    Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

    Reputations:
    7,164
    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1,961
    Likes Received:
    2,940
    [​IMG]

    I hope they can work Sean Young in some how.
     
    John Mahlin and Skipnoid like this.
  11. isabella

    isabella VIP Extreme Gold

    Reputations:
    64,564
    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    Messages:
    14,359
    Likes Received:
    10,659
    oh goody, a geriatric bladerunner.
     
    Rupert Pupkin, monsoon and Skipnoid like this.
  12. Skippy

    Skippy Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    5,761
    Joined:
    May 18, 2013
    Messages:
    400
    Likes Received:
    813
    I don't think this will be too good but I will hold out some hope. BR is one of my favorite all time movies. It is slow, but its visually stunning. I hope they bring Vangelis back to do the music again. One of my favorite soundtracks.

     
  13. Skipnoid

    Skipnoid Lick Me!

    Reputations:
    130,457
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    12,544
    Likes Received:
    16,657
    I'm no expert, but he was GREAT in the Terminator.
     
    The Snork likes this.
  14. DrDestouches

    DrDestouches Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    3,828
    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1,267
    Likes Received:
    751
    Does he owe back taxes too? wtf
     
  15. zerokarma

    zerokarma Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    7,103
    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2012
    Messages:
    1,629
    Likes Received:
    1,733
    Don't really have much hope for this after that abomination of a movie Indiana Jones 4.
     
    SalsMasterShake likes this.
  16. Snotty

    Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

    Reputations:
    83,246
    Joined:
    May 13, 2012
    Messages:
    25,259
    Likes Received:
    17,721
    Have as much nausea hearing this as I do hearing...
    "George Lucas Directors Cut"
     
  17. Skipnoid

    Skipnoid Lick Me!

    Reputations:
    130,457
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    12,544
    Likes Received:
    16,657
    Now that's the kind of cyborg I can really get behind :schmoopysex:
     
  18. BatmiteReturns

    BatmiteReturns Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    5,458
    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2015
    Messages:
    1,069
    Likes Received:
    1,200
    Never saw the first movie and I'm a huge sci-fi nut. Star Wars, Star Trek, Tron, Flash Gordon, Battlestar Galactica, etc.
     
  19. SleepingWarrior

    SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

    Reputations:
    16,542
    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2012
    Messages:
    10,454
    Likes Received:
    3,649
    No, just no. Only saving grace is it couldn't possibly be as bad as Godfather 3 in terms of sequels that came too late.
     
  20. knu3421

    knu3421 Well-Known Member

    Reputations:
    36,270
    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2012
    Messages:
    22,801
    Likes Received:
    5,999
    Get off my blade runner plane :leavecunt:
     
    whatsit likes this.