Shop Now At Amazon

it me or did dave attell fuck with howard throughout the whole interview?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dead Air Dave, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Dead Air Dave

Dead Air Dave Active Member

Reputations:
    Sounded like he was fucking with him about how rich he is(first class), how he's a closet gay(film festival) and things like getting laid. Loved it

2. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey New Member

Reputations:
    I sure as fuck hope so - Dave Attell and Doug Stanhope are two of the most insightful thinkers since Bill Hicks croaked.

3. dexterdog

dexterdog New Member

Reputations:
    I don't know if it was just me, but the interview simply bored the shit out of me. For a comedian, Dave Atell didn't come across as being very amusing or interesting. Perhaps the fact that every Stern interview these days sucks donkey anus might have something to do with it.

4. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    I caught 10 minutes of that last night and had the exact opposite reaction. DA comes across as funny the same way HS used to be: just discussing his life honestly. To me, it was amazing to hear the Wig say over and over how bad he feels for him and how talented he is when his show is in a coma and on life support when there's a talent like DA who'd kill to earn a decent living sitting in the studio being funny. Not a chance; the Wig's idea of "helping" someone out is giving him a free plug for his t-shirts.

5. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, the interview was a big downer, and the OP couldn't have been more wrong. If anything, Howard was fucking with Dave.

Howard focused right in on Dave's pain, dysfunction, and monetary woes, but not in a funny way, and Dave just took it, and was on the defensive throughout the entire interview......................thus far. I've just crossed over into hour #4, where things are getting decidedly Jewish...................

Dave: "you make it sound like it's a bad thing! (being with a Jewish chick)"

:D

6. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    One of Dave Attel's funniest interviews was when he was on after 9/11. He was talking about how he gets stopped all the time at airports, because he looks like a terrorist. And then he said that he was going to start carrying a balloon on planes to appear more friendly to people.

7. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm about as big an Attell fan as you will find, ever since his days on Comedy Central in the early 90's. Having said that, he does not bring his A game to morning shows. If you know anything about Attell, he hates doing them and he normally goes to bed around 5 a.m., so I don't think it's fair to judge him based on a morning drive appearance. I still wouldn't put him (and definitely not Stanhope) on the same level as Bill Hicks, though.

Bill Hicks was like a moth to a flame when it came to career suicide, be it the way that he took on Leno when Howard was still making Tonight Show appearances or his falling out with Letterman just before he died. People like to remember him now as being a top tier comic when he was alive, but the truth is that he was always marginally on the national consciousness and his career was pretty well in shambles when he came down with cancer. Now, he was the man in the U.K., but his act was always a little bit too intellectually vicious for Americans to really accept en masse, whereas I think Stanhope and Attell are guys who would have done a sitcom or a buddy comedy for the right amount of cash. They're great, but Bill Hicks is the one guy who stuck to his guns until the bitter end (even George Carlin tried to get a sitcom, if you recall) aside from maybe Lenny Bruce, but I doubt any of us are old enough to have seen Lenny when he was alive.

[video=youtube;uSts-SnSEak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSts-SnSEak[/video]

That is classic Attell.

8. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard manages to ruin every interview by obsessing on something nobody else cares about (this time it was money). The only good guests are the ones who ignore him or throw his stupid questions right back in his face.

9. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    and a "Hello Kitty" lunchbox in the other hand........................"I'm going on the fly-fly!"

I take back almost every horrible thing I've said about you.