WTF It's for a good reason we pay higher and higher taxes.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by LaserT, Apr 9, 2016.

1. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Make sure to get out there and work hard. Work to pay those taxes.... or else!

Government handed out $120 million to dead employees.

The federal government’s Civil Service Retirement and Disability fund has improperly paid dead federal workers $120 million annually over the last five years, a new OPM report finds. One man, whose father died in 1971, continued to receive payments until 2008 when he himself died, costing the government $515,000, according to the report.

Government spends 2.6 million to help CHINESE hookers drink less.

The federal government is spending $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
    Researchers will visit 100 houses of ill repute -- a whole hamlet of harlots -- to collect data on 700 prostitutes and 150 pimps and madams, referred to as "gatekeepers" in the study's sterile abstract.

$780,000 to See If Pizza Was Really as Addicting as Crack

The National Institute of Drug Abuse spent nearly $800,000 to study how college students consumed and ate pizza to determine if it was as addicting as a narcotic drug. The government paid students $20 to be quizzed about their eating habits, or they could earn college credit for filling out a few questionnaires.

In the end, the government found that pizza is not the most addicting food after all, as French fries and chocolate ice cream were ranked more addictive among the student participants. Glad we got that settled.

$1.2 Million to Build a Life-Size Pac-Man Game
    The National Science Foundation spent $1.2 million to construct a life-sized Pac-Man game in order to encourage kids to be more physically active.

$1 Million To Film Monkeys In Hamster Balls On Treadmills
    The National Institutes of Health paid researchers $1 million to train a dozen monkeys to run on a treadmill in a hamster ball. The study, aptly titled “Take The Monkeys And Run,” sought to find a way to exercise the monkeys while they’re in captivity.

$2.1 Million to Encourage Tourism in Lebanon
    United States Agency for International Development spent more than $2 million to fund two five-year programs to revitalize rural tourism in Lebanon. The program continues despite the State Department warning U.S. citizens against visiting the country, as it is considered a dangerous hotbed for terror activity. That’s government logic for you.

Some other great use of our hard earned dollars... :facepalm:

A total of $146 million was paid for federal employees to upgrade their flights to business class.

• A total of $10,000 of U.S. taxpayer money was actually used to purchase talking urinal cakes in Michigan.

• Vice President Joe Biden and his staff stopped in Paris for one night back in February. The hotel bill for that one night came to $585,000.

• The IRS spent $60,000 on a film parody of Star Trek and a film parody of Gilligan’s Island.

• The U.S. government spent $200,000 on “a tattoo removal program” in Mission Hills, Calif.

• The federal government spent $750,000 on a new soccer field for detainees held at Guantanamo Bay.

• The National Institute of Health recently gave $666,905 to a group of researchers that is conducting a study on the benefits of watching reruns on television.

• The U.S. government spent $27 million to teach Moroccans how to design and make pottery in 2012.

• Over the past 15 years, a total of approximately $5.25 million has been spent on hair care services for the U.S. Senate.

• The National Institute of Health recently gave $666,905 to a group of researchers that is conducting a study on the benefits of watching reruns on television.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/12/08...ays-the-feds-blew-your-tax-dollars-last-year/
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/14/nih-funds-million-study-prostitutes-china-drink.html
    https://commercialobserver.com/2013/10/heres-a-list-of-stupid-things-the-government-spends-money-on/

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Urinal cakes?

image.jpeg

Attached Files:

DuckDong, 1Vegasgirl and LaserT like this.
  3. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah, but in all fairness, they are "talking urinal cakes". Very important for the nation. Tax payer money is needed.

4. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Makes ya really want to send that check in next week, huh?o_O

5. LaserT

Reputations:
    Genital Washing ($800,000)
    The National Institutes of Health was given stimulus funds to study the significance of a genital-washing program on South African men. Now, if you’re going to study genital washing, I think you should stick to your own genitals or at least your own country’s genitals.

Male Vietnamese Prostitutes ($442,340)
    I guess the study didn’t necessarily say the prostitutes were Vietnamese, but the National Institutes of Health spent the money to study the behavior of male prostitutes in Vietnam. I guess what happens “back in ‘Nam” stays “back in ‘Nam”.

Ghost Clinics ($35,000,000)
    Millions of dollars were paid out to 118 “phantom” medical clinics. These were clinics, established by a network of criminal gangs, that never actually existed. They may have been fake clinics, but the government paid out real money and a lot of it.

:wtf:

WillieX and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  6. Neesie

Neesie Princess Parliaments VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I think I saw those monkeys in hamster balls on treadmills on Jimmy Fallon last week.

SuperFarts likes this.
  7. a mysterious man

a mysterious man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All worthy endeavors!

LaserT likes this.
  8. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sending officials to get Chinese hookers " to drink less" sure is one creative way to go fuck some chink hookers on the tax payers dime.

DiamondGoddess, 1Vegasgirl and LaserT like this.
  9. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks for pointing this out LT, just as I am about to do my taxes!!

:behave:

1Vegasgirl, TeeDonkey and LaserT like this.
  10. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    wait until Bernie wins. you'll feel it.

:woot:

11. LaserT

Reputations:
    Exactly.

12. LaserT

Reputations:
    :snicker: Sorry, D.

Dlist likes this.
  13. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Those are just rounding errors.

Theres pages of articles like this one:

$45 Billion in Tax Dollars Goes Missing in Afghanistan.

Back in 2001, specifically on 9/10/01, Rumsfeld said that they couldnt "account for" (stole) Trillions. And that was when our government was taking in much less money.

Captain and LaserT like this.
  14. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I know! That's friggin' hilarious.

LaserT likes this.
  15. LaserT

Reputations:
    Scary stuff.

16. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    i was a procurement officer for the federal gubment and i had nothing to do with these ginormous wastes of money which scumbag politicians make us hand out. it's not our fault! :bigcry:

17. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't forget the $6,000,000.00 to ship 9 cashmere goats from Italy to Afghanistan. That's my faaaaaaaaaaavorite.

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  18. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Last week I took time off from listening to bigfoot and ufo radio shows on the internet and caught the first part of a series on PBS on an 18th century Scottish moralist/economist Adam Smith who basically laid out the scheme for how all successful modern economies operate.

My big take-aways from it were that people are smart enough to organize themselves to make successful lives.

Governments fail who:

1. Overtax their citizens.

2. Use public money secure private profits. IS keeping a big war machine going to secure a company's interests in a colony like the British did with the East India Co. forcing the American colonies to revolt.

3. Use tariffs or similar devices to treat their trading partners as enemies.

4. Allow internal trade and innovation to be restrained by "guilds" or monopolies.

Look for this show on your local channels. I think you'll find it interesting.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  19. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
  20. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sht really makes your blood boil

:argh: