"It's Only 31 Days of Work"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Peau de Soie, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Another quote from 1/4/12:

How many days is he actually working for Sirius again? This "AGT" gig sounds like it's taking a significant chunk of his usual arduous work schedule...

2. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    This year and the remaining years of the Sirius/XM contract require either 120 or 122 live shows, down from around 140 in the transition year last year. I'm surprised at the AGT committment because it's a summer thing and he always talks about not interrupting the Hampton's hobnobbing in the summer. I guess trying to break into the mainstream outmuscled the allure of photoshopping his wife on the beach.

3. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    the whole and only purpose of him taking the AGT gig is so the amazing one can sit in the audience and be on TV for 2 seconds.
    hey howard, she's already your wife, you can stop trying to impress her.

4. Son of Remulak

Son of Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    I figured this would happen: Stern's going to find a way for the show to count as publicity so he can avoid doing the show anymore. Not only will he not do three shows every week now, he'll find a way to take off weeks for 'reshoots' and other stuff. And Sirius won't care because they'll be getting more out of it than a shitty show that's making people cancel.

5. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    At 4 hours per radio show, that's about 500 hours a year. The AGT days are likely going to be longer than 4 hours, so he's increasing his heavy workload by a pretty hefty percentage. However, AGT will provide easy radio content, with shows jam packed with clips of AGT, comments from media about Howard Stern on AGT and visits from many new friends with NBC shows, not to mention chances to get the amazing one's mug on TV.

6. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Too bad it wasnt only 31 days of promotion on his radio show. :(

7. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can you imagine the hell the people at AGT are going to endure? The ticket info for upcoming auditions says they have 2 sessions a day (1:00 PM & 6:00 PM) and the tapings last 4-5 hours each. There's no way big baby Howard is going to be able to handle that. He's going to piss and moan constantly that he's hungry, he's tired, he's too hot/cold (remember Gary's dinner party?) and I wouldn't be surprised if he quits and/or sues AGT. At the very least he'll start voting for all the acts to go through so the quota can be reached quickly and he can go home. Forget about only selecting the most talented people and eliminating the novelty acts.

8. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Really? 10 hours a day? He hasn't worked that hard since Private Parts. He's certainly capable, but I don't know about willing.

9. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    America may have talent, but its abundantly clear Howie aint got style or a stylist!

[​IMG]

10. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    Is there any pic out there where Beff is not holding onto Boff for dear life?

11. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The traveling to work is an 8 block drive in the city. He doesn't understand that some people have to commute more than an hour a day and no Beth they don't have a car service.

12. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    And some of the auditions are probably in cities that he feels are third world countries and he'll have issues with the accomodations, food etc. I've never watched AGT but it would seem to me that just picking the most "talented" acts would make it even more boring, just a bunch of night club caliber singers singing songs that the original artist did 100 times better. Novelty type acts would probably be amusing to the target audience and keep them tuned in.

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I'm kind of sorry I brought it up. Even this much AGT talk is putting me to sleep. :( What a waste. I'm still straddling the line between fan and disaffected SFsN nomad, and it ain't easy. (Still enjoying the show, all in all.)

14. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Looks like she's leading her grandpa to the early bird buffet.

15. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:
    Howard has done 7 radio shows in the past 5 weeks.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    For an average of nearly 6 hours of work per week. No wonder the man's exhausted.

17. Wonder Trash

Wonder Trash Active Member

Reputations:
  18. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Fuck me, looks like Howard is vacationing in paradise and he still looks miserable.

19. Tmmy Sirianni

Tmmy Sirianni Active Member

Reputations:
    It's guaranteed that Beth worms her way onto the show in some fashion.

She'll either fumfer through backstage interviews, or she'll be conveniently placed behind Howard whenever he's on camera.

It's another "thing" they can do together, leading to a deadly combination of AGT/Beth talk.

Surely, there was a crayon-drawn picture section of his contract, so she could provide her input.

20. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't imagine people listening to the show anymore. I tried once, and I damn near tore the house apart. Howard's ego and plastic surgery has gone to his head. And how SIRIUS is being fucked in the ass by this lawsuit that should've ended is astounding.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012