Entertainment Ivana says Trump raped her, dumb teabaggers celebrate sending his poll numbers higher.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ving, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Time Life Pictures/Getty

Tim Mak Brandy Zadrozny
    Dark Tower
    07.27.158:35 PM ET
    Ex-Wife: Donald Trump Made Me Feel ‘Violated’ During Sex
    Ivana Trump once accused the real estate tycoon of ‘rape,’ although she later clarified: not in the ‘criminal sense.’
    Donald Trump introduced his presidential campaign to the world with a slur against Mexican immigrants, accusing them of being “rapists” and bringing crime into the country.

“I mean somebody’s doing it!…Who’s doing the raping?” Donald Trump said, when asked to defend his characterization.

It was an unfortunate turn of phrase for Trump—in more ways than one. Not only does the current front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination have a history of controversial remarks about sexual assault, but as it turns out, his ex-wife Ivana Trump once used “rape” to describe an incident between them in 1989. She later said she felt “violated” by the experience.

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”

“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

Ivana Trump’s assertion of “rape” came in a deposition—part of the early ’90s divorce case between the Trumps, and revealed in the 1993 book Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump.

The book, by former Texas Monthly and Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III, described a harrowing scene. After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.

“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” Trump cried.

What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp, as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants.

“Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified…It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

Following the incident, Ivana ran upstairs, hid behind a locked door, and remained there “crying for the rest of night.” When she returned to the master bedroom in the morning, he was there.

“You’re talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can't rape your spouse.”
    “As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: ‘Does it hurt?’” Hurt writes.

Donald Trump has previously denied the allegation. In the book, he denies having had the scalp reduction surgery.

“It’s obviously false,” Donald Trump said of the accusation in 1993, according to Newsday. “It’s incorrect and done by a guy without much talent…He is a guy that is an unattractive guy who is a vindictive and jealous person.”

Cohen acknowledged Monday that he has not read the entire deposition but said he had read the two relevant pages of it, including the rape accusation.

“It’s not the word that you’re trying to make it into,” Cohen told The Daily Beast, saying Ivana Trump was talking about how “she felt raped emotionally…She was not referring to it [as] a criminal matter, and not in its literal sense, though there’s many literal senses to the word.”

Cohen added that there is no such thing, legally, as a man raping his wife. “You cannot rape your spouse,” he said. There’s very clear case law.”

That is not true. In New York, there used to be a so-called marital rape exemption to the law. It was struck down in 1984.

Trump’s lawyer then changed tactics, lobbing insults and threatening a lawsuit if a story was published.

“I will make sure that you and I meet one day while we’re in the courthouse. And I will take you for every penny you still don’t have. And I will come after your Daily Beast and everybody else that you possibly know,” Cohen said. “So I’m warning you, tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. You understand me?”

“You write a story that has Mr. Trump’s name in it, with the word ‘rape,’ and I’m going to mess your life up…for as long as you’re on this frickin’ planet…you’re going to have judgments against you, so much money, you’ll never know how to get out from underneath it,” he added.

When Lost Tycoon was about to be printed, Donald Trump and his lawyers provided a statement from Ivana, which was posted on the first page of the book. In it, Ivana confirms that she had “felt violated” and that she had stated that her husband had raped her during a divorce deposition. But Ivana sought to soften her earlier statement.

“During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me,” the Ivana Trump statement said. “[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”

The statement, according to a “Notice to the Reader” in the book, “does not contradict or invalidate any information contained in this book.”

Nevertheless, Cohen, Trump’s attorney, said that “there is nothing reasonable about you wanting to write a story about somebody’s usage of the word ‘rape,’ when she’s talking [about] she didn’t feel emotionally satisfied.”

“Though there’s many literal senses to the word, if you distort it, and you put Mr. Trump’s name there onto it, rest assured, you will suffer the consequences. So you do whatever you want. You want to ruin your life at the age of 20? You do that, and I’ll be happy to serve it right up to you,” he added.

“I think you should go ahead and you should write the story that you plan on writing. I think you should do it. Because I think you’re an idiot. And I think your paper’s a joke, and it’s going to be my absolute pleasure to serve you with a $500 million lawsuit, like I told [you] I did it to Univision,” Cohen continued.

The 1990 divorce case between the two Trumps was granted on the grounds of Donald’s “cruel and inhuman treatment” of Ivana. The settlement, under which the Trumps agreed on the division of assets, was finalized in 1991. Her divorce involved a gag order that keeps her from talking about her marriage to Donald Trump without his permission.

Divorce records in New York state are not open to public inspection. But some of the legal documents surrounding the contract dispute over the Trumps’ prenuptial agreement are still available and were reviewed by The Daily Beast.

In one such document, Ivana Trump’s lawyers claim that in the three years preceding their divorce Donald Trump, “has increasingly verbally abused and demeaned [her] so as to obtain her submission to his wishes and desires” as well as “humiliated and verbally assaulted” her. The New York County Clerk’s records office couldn’t locate at least one box of documents relating to the contract dispute. (It’s not uncommon for court files to go missing.)

Ivana Trump did not respond to a request for comment.

Donald Trump has a history of grandstanding on rape. His controversial campaign-trail comments this year about Mexicans were hardly the first time he has waded into the hot-button issue of sexual assault.

Two years ago, Trump weighed in on the alarming rate of sexual assault and rape in the military—and in doing so, pinned the blame on the presence of women.

2. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    “26,000 unreported sexual [assaults] in the military—only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men & women together?” he tweeted in 2013. “The Generals and top military brass never wanted a mixer but were forced to do it by very dumb politicians who wanted to be politically [correct]!” he continued.

In 1989, the real estate mogul placed a full-page ad in four New York City newspapers calling for the execution of the five alleged rapists of Trisha Meili, the Central Park jogger who was put in a coma by her assailants. The defendants received different sentences and served between six and 13 years behind bars before new evidence of coerced confessions emerged that led to their convictions being vacated in 2002.

“Criminals must be told that their CIVIL LIBERTIES END WHEN AN ATTACK ON OUR SAFETY BEGINS!” Trump’s 1989 ad blared. “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK OUR POLICE!”

Trump’s other public statements on rape cases range from tone-deaf to offensive. In 1992, he floated the idea that convicted rapist and boxer Mike Tyson should be allowed to pay “millions and millions” of dollars to rape victims instead of serving jail time. Trump’s modest proposal did not go over well.

“How offensive,” shot back Dollyne Pettingill, spokeswoman for the mayor of Indianapolis, where Tyson committed the assault. “We have a judicial process for these matters and it’s not for sale.”

Whether Trump’s comments about rape—or the accusation of assault from his ex-wife—will hurt his burgeoning political career is an open question. So far, Trump has been able to shake off the sorts of scandals that would destroy any other campaign for president. Dissing Mexican immigrants and prisoners of war has not cost him his campaign, nor has his history of giving to Democratic campaigns. In the latest CNN poll, Trump leads all other candidates in the Republican presidential field, with 18 percent support.

with additional reporting by Nina Strochlic and Asawin Suebsaeng

3. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. John Sterling

John Sterling Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Home> Politics
    Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again
    Jun 20, 2014, 2:20 PM ET
    By LIZ KREUTZ
    Liz Kreutz More from Liz »

via GOOD MORNING AMERICA, THIS WEEK, WORLD NEWS

[​IMG]
    Cliff Owen/AP Photo

UPDATED

Hillary Clinton's successful 1975 legal defense of an accused rapist has surfaced again with the victim, angered over a tape of Clinton chuckling over her courtroom tactics in the case, lashing out at the potential Democratic presidential candidate.

"Hillary Clinton took me through hell," the victim told the Daily Beast in an emotional interview published today. The woman said that if she saw Clinton today she would say, "I realize the truth now, the heart of what you've done to me. And you are supposed to be for women? You call that [being] for women, what you done to me? And I heard you on tape laughing."

The name of the woman, who is now 52, was withheld for privacy reasons. She decided to speak out after hearing never-before-heard audio tapes released by the Washington Free Beacon earlier this week of Hillary Clinton talking about the trial. In the recordings, dubbed the "Hillary Tapes," Clinton is heard laughing as she describes how she succeeded at getting her client a lighter sentence, despite suggesting she knew he was guilty.

"He took a lie-detector test! I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs," Clinton said about her client on the tapes, which were initially recorded, but never used, in the early 1980s.

The rape case has been investigated more than once, but with Clinton considering a presidential run, it is again commanding headlines.

Here are some questions and answers about why the 1975 trial is in the news again, details of the case and what it could mean for Clinton:

How did this all start?

Clinton graduated from Yale Law School in 1973. The following year she moved with her then-boyfriend Bill Clinton to Little Rock, Ark., where she took a job at the University of Arkansas Law School. In 1975, at the age of 27, she took the case representing Thomas Alfred Taylor, 41, who was accused of raping a 12-year-old girl. Taylor, who was charged with first degree rape, had requested a female attorney. Hillary Clinton defended him and got him a lesser charge of unlawful fondling of a minor under the age of 14. According to a Newsday investigation, what should have been a five-year sentence, was reduced to four years of probation and a year in county jail, with two months taken off for time he had already served.

What has Hillary Clinton said about the trial?

Hillary Clinton wrote about the trial in her 2003 autobiography, "Living History." In the book, Clinton defended taking on the client, saying that while at first she "didn't feel comfortable," she realized that as an attorney she had "an ethical and legal obligation to defend him to the fullest extent of the law." She described how as his lawyer she was able to hire a New York-based forensics expert who "cast doubt on the evidentiary value of semen and blood samples collected by the sheriff's office." Clinton wrote that her experience from the trial is what led her to set up Arkansas' first rape hotline.

Did Clinton take the case voluntarily or was she appointed by the court?

In "Living History," Clinton wrote that the criminal court judge appointed her, and that she "couldn't very well refuse the judge's request." The 2008 Newsday story quotes then-Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson who refers to her as being "appointed by the Circuit Court of Washington County." However, in the newly-released audio tapes Clinton says a prosecutor for the case asked to take the case "as a favor to him."

What else has been written about it?

In 2008, during the height of her presidential primary campaign, Newsday published an in-depth story about Clinton's involvement with the trial. Newsday argued that Clinton's account in "Living History" left out "a significant aspect of her defense strategy - attempting to impugn the credibility of the victim." She reportedly sent an affidavit during the trial requesting the girl undergo a psychiatric examination at the university's clinic, and without offering any source, alleged that the victim had often sought older men. The case, Newsday claimed, "offers a glimpse into the way Clinton deals with crisis. Her approach, then and now, was to immerse herself in even unpleasant tasks with a will to win."

Why are we hearing about this again?

On Sunday evening, the conservative news site the Washington Free Beacon released audio which they had uncovered from the Clinton archives at the University of Arkansas. In the tapes, from over 30 years ago, Clinton describes how she was able to find a loophole in the system to discredit the evidence against her client. She is heard laughing as she describes the tactics she used to do so. The recordings prompted the victim of the trial to speak out for the first time in years.

When was the last time the rape victim spoke?

Newsday interviewed the victim six years ago for their 2008 story. In it, the victim described how she had three decades of severe depression and other personal problems following the assault, and disputed claims that Clinton had once made in court against her. "It's not true, I never sought out older men. I was raped," the woman said. But, she added, "I have to understand that she was representing Taylor. I'm sure Hillary was just doing her job."

The victim, with re-opened wounds, gave an angrier account to the Daily Beast in her recent interview: "When I heard that tape I was pretty upset," she said in the interview published today. "I went back to the room and was talking to my two cousins and I cried a little bit. I ain't gonna lie, some of this has got me pretty down. But I thought to myself, 'I'm going to stand up to her. I'm going to stand up for what I've got to stand up for, you know?"

Will this affect Clinton's presidential aspirations?

Who knows. It's still only 2014 and a lot more can happen in two years. But this is one early example of how Republican groups are digging into Clinton's past, finding any way they can to discredit her as she mulls a presidential run.

Democrats will be quick to point out that this story has been addressed in the past, and that Clinton was just doing her job. "This is the case of a young attorney who was told by a judge to defend an indigent client accused of a crime. She not only carried out her legal and ethical responsibility to defend her client, but she went on to lead historic action in the fight against rape and to bring rapists to justice," Adrienne Elrod, the communications director for the pro-Hillary group Correct Record, told ABC News.

Nevertheless, it might be the way Clinton talked - and laughed - about the trial in the audio tapes, rather than her decision to defend him that people could find off-putting. And Tim Miller, of the Republican opposition group America Rising, feels that this story is fair game. "If and when Hillary decides to run for president her record is going to be scrutinized anew and stories about how she has conducted herself in positions of power will certainly be germane to the campaign," Miller told ABC News.

Has the Hillary-team said anything about this recently?

6. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh boy...you're going to have a shit storm rain down on you from the low information types on here...

Gusbuss likes this.
  7. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Ted Kennedy: The Senator of Sleaze who was a drunk sexual bully... and left a young woman to die
    Senator Edward 'Ted' Kennedy stood for sleaze. Bloated and drunken, he used his standing in the Kennedy clan to chase vulnerable women - which brought his dream of reaching the White House to a shameful end.

He was the youngest of the four Kennedy brothers, and by far the longest lived.

Incredibly, he was in line to inherit his brother John F. Kennedy's legendary presidency, but his chances were dashed following the drowning of the pretty, young campaign assistant Mary Jo Kopechne.

[​IMG]
    The hope of America that went so wrong: (From left) Jack, Bobby and Ted Kennedy in July 1960

Forever known as the Chappaquiddick Incident after the Massachusetts island where it took place, the scandal in 1969 broke the Kennedy grip on the White House.

A drunk Ted had been driving back from a party to the family 'compound' on Martha's Vineyard when he veered off a bridge and into a deep tidal dyke.

[​IMG]
    Drowned: Mary Jo Kopechne was killed after Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge with her inside

Mary Jo was in the back seat and, while he claimed he was just giving her a lift back to her hotel, it was widely thought that he had picked her up for sex. Kennedy swam ashore to save himself, but left Mary Jo to drown - in fact, it was even worse than that.

It was nine hours before he reported the accident. In the meantime, he walked back to his motel, complained to the manager about a noisy party, took a shower, went to sleep, ordered newspapers when he woke up and spoke to a friend and two lawyers before finally calling the police.

Divers later estimated that if he had called them immediately, they would have had time to pull out Mary Jo. She had not drowned, but had survived in an air pocket inside the car - she was asphyxiated only when the oxygen ran out several hours later.

As always, Ted used the family name to save his neck. In any other state but Massachusetts, the Kennedys' home turf, and with any other name, he would have been charged with homicide.

Instead, he escaped with a slap on the wrist: a two-year suspended sentence and the loss of his driving licence for a year. He had been allowed to plead guilty to no more than the charge of leaving the scene of an accident.

Kennedy lawyers arranged for him to pay £55,000 to the Kopechne family from his own pocket with a further £30,000 from his insurance. Mary Jo's mother later said: 'I don't think he ever said he was sorry.'

At the height of the scandal, Kennedy went on TV to explain himself in an extraordinary 13-minute address in which he denied driving drunk and rejected rumours of
    'immoral conduct' with Kopechne.

He said he was haunted by 'irrational' thoughts immediately after the accident, and wondered 'whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys'.

He said his failure to report the accident right away was 'indefensible'.

Yet the tragedy and his actions appalled millions of Americans.

[​IMG]
    Tragic: The wreckage of Ted Kennedy's car in which he left Mary Jo

Edward Moore Kennedy was born on February 22, 1932, and took over the U.S. Senate seat once held by JFK in 1962. He was 30, the youngest age allowed.

By this point in the family's extraordinary history, JFK - John Fitzgerald Kennedy - was President and the next in line, Robert 'RFK' Kennedy, was Attorney General. Their eldest brother, Joseph Patrick Kennedy Jr, had died in World War II.

Ted at first impressed his family and his electorate with hard work and legislative skill in the Senate.

When JFK was assassinated just a year later, Ted was at work on a committee and reportedly stood stunned and unable to move when he heard.

The assassination would prove to be the opening shot in the destruction of the family that in 1960 had held the promise of an era of unprecedented hope in the U.S.

Less than a year after the assassination, Ted experienced his own brush with death in a plane crash. The pilot and one of his Senate aides were killed. He was left with a permanent back injury, broken ribs and a punctured lung.

He was immobilised for seven months, but the family's dominance of Massachusetts politics was so powerful that he nevertheless easily won his first re-election.

In 1964, as his brother 'Bobby' Kennedy began to prepare for his own accession to the White House in the 1968 election campaign, the younger Kennedy made his name in the Senate by steering crucial reforms through Washington with President Lyndon Johnson.

But then RFK was gunned down in Los Angeles and Ted Kennedy became de facto head of the family.

The shattering blow left him barely able to deliver his brother's funeral eulogy in New York's St Patrick's Cathedral. He retreated from politics to spend the next ten weeks brooding and sailing alone off Cape Cod.

[​IMG]
    Eulogised: Ted Kennedy has been fondly remembered by politicians all over the world after his death

But then he stood before the TV cameras once again to announce: 'Like my brothers before me, I pick up the fallen standard. Sustained by the memory of our priceless years together, I shall carry forward the special commitment to justice, excellence and courage that distinguished their lives.'

It was not to be. The steamroller Kennedy political machine, combined with his popular opposition to the then raging Vietnam War, made him favourite for the 1972 presidential election, but the drunken drive that killed Mary Jo snuffed out his bid.

Edward Kennedy's character flaws would have sidelined any man from a lesser family before his career had begun. Schooled in the height of privilege, like his brothers, at exclusive boarding 'prep' schools, Kennedy went on to Harvard.

But he was expelled from that Ivy League bastion for persuading another undergraduate to take his Spanish exams for him. It was an episode that should have served as a warning to the voters.

Kennedy joined the Army to redeem himself and was later readmitted to Harvard. He followed the classic path of the American elite to law school, graduated and was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar.

Irish support: Kennedy with Sinn Fein's Gerry Adams - for years the Democrat was seen as a cheerleader for American Irish supporters of the IRA

8. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Kennedy's Nephew Is Identified as Rape Suspect
    By ROBERTO SURO,
    Published: April 5, 1991

PALM BEACH, Fla., April 4— A police captain today identified William Kennedy Smith, a 30-year-old nephew of Senator Edward M. Kennedy, as the suspect in the reported rape of a young woman at the Kennedy family compound.

The identification came as Capt. Brian Roche, chief of detectives of the Palm Beach Police Department, gave testimony in a lawsuit brought by two local newspapers and a television station seeking release of police records on the case.

Captain Roche was complaining that media coverage of the case had hindered the department's efforts to reach a positive identification of the suspect, when he unexpectedly remarked: "His picture is in the newspaper today. That hurts us."

His remark came after a lawyer for the media organizations mentioned an article in today's Palm Beach Post that quoted an unidentified source as saying that Mr. Smith was listed as the suspect in police documents. The front-page article was accompanied by a photograph of Mr. Smith, a medical student at Georgetown University in Washington. Cat 'Out of the Bag'

"We have a case of the cat being out of the bag," said the lawyer, Tom Julin. Judge Richard L. Oftedal of Circuit Court said he would rule on the media request on Friday.

Mr. Smith's whereabouts tonight were not known. A spokeswoman for Senator Kennedy in Washington, Lisa Young, said the Senator had no immediate comment on the police captain's statement.

As police officers were brought into court today to defend their policy on releasing information in the case, residents were telling the story of a young woman and a long night of drinking that has enveloped this enclave in clouds of scandal.

For five days the police have been investigating the allegations by a 29-year-old woman who says that she met Senator Kennedy, his son Patrick and Mr. Smith at a nightclub, that she was invited to the Kennedy compound and that she was raped there around 4 A.M. Saturday. No Charges Filed

So far, no charges have been filed in the case, and even with today's revelation no suspect has been formally accused. The police have not released the name of the woman, and The New York Times does not ordinarily identify victims of sex crimes. But in this small, exclusive community many people assume they know who she is. And even before Captain Roche's testimony today, Mr. Smith figured prominently as the suspect in speculation here.

There are many mysteries about what, if anything, happened at the Kennedys' beachfront mansion, La Guerida, before dawn on Saturday, but the first acts of this drama were played out in public at Au Bar, a nightclub that serves as a set for many Palm Beach romances and intrigues.

The woman who filed the rape charge is from a well-to-do family in nearby Jupiter, Fla., but is not considered rich or well connected by Palm Beach standards. She was, however, a familiar face in the bars and discotheques that are an integral part of the Palm Beach night scene. Several of her friends said today that she has gone into seclusion since the incident.

Senator Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, and some of the younger members of the Kennedy family have also become frequent patrons of establishments like Au Bar, a place of silken curtains and loud music, when they make their periodic visits here.

During a night of drinking that began Good Friday evening and lasted until almost dawn last Saturday, numerous people saw the Senator, his son and his nephew out on the town. They were among the last to leave Au Bar after the last round of drinks was served at 3 A.M. In addition to the woman who filed charges, another woman, Michele Cassone, said she also accepted an invitation to the Kennedy mansion for drinks after the nightclub closed.

The Senator and Patrick Kennedy, 24 years old and a member of the Rhode Island Legislature, each publicly denied any involvement in the incident early this week.

Mr. Smith appears to have gone into seclusion and on Wednesday did not appear for medical board examinations that are required for licensing as a physician, friends at the university said. In a statement issued Wednesday night through his family's holding company, Joseph P. Kennedy Enterprises, he said reports of the incident are inaccurate and have "unfairly embarrassed my uncle." The statement also said, "furthermore, any suggestion that I was involved in any offense is erroneous." Facts Are Elusive

In cases of rape involving two people who are acquainted with each other "it comes down to one person's word against another, plus the physical evidence," said Kris Karna, supervisor of the Palm Beach County Sexual Assault Program, which offered counseling to the alleged victim after she was examined and treated for minor injuries at a local hospital Saturday afternoon.

Law enforcement organization across the country are increasingly confronted with clouded investigations of this sort as women grow more assertive about reporting rapes by people who may be acquaintances or even friends. In this case the Palm Beach police assert they have still not determined whether a rape had taken place, and there are other indications that evaluating the evidence in this case may be an unusually difficult process

9. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's up with Trump and all these strange European women?
    All the American broads too creeped out by him?

I understand having a "type" but it sure seems that way.

MadWoman777, DuckDong and Gusbuss like this.
  10. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure this will really get the women to support this dumb teabagger, lol

Donald Trump's Lawyer: Marital Rape Cannot Be Rape
    —By Ben Dreyfuss

| Mon Jul. 27, 2015 10:12 PM EDT
    [​IMG]Donald Trump and his ex-wife, Ivana Trump at a 1991 gala in New York City. Luis Rubeiro/AP
    So Donald Trump used to be married to Ivana Trump. According to an account resurfaced by Tim Mak and Brandy Zadrozny at the Daily Beast, the former Mrs. Trump once used the word "rape" during legal proceedings in connection with an event between her and her ex-husband, the current GOP front-runner:

Ivana Trump's assertion of "rape" came in a deposition—part of the early '90s divorce case between the Trumps, and revealed in the 1993 book Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump.

The book, by former Texas Monthly and Newsweek reporter Harry Hurt III, described a harrowing scene.

The Daily Beast has the entire "violent assault." It's indeed harrowing. Trump has denied the allegations.

"It's obviously false," Donald Trump said of the accusation in 1993, according to Newsday. "It's incorrect and done by a guy without much talent… He is a guy that is an unattractive guy who is a vindictive and jealous person."

It’s important to note that this never went to court, Trump never faced any charges, and Ivana Trump herself walked back the allegations before the book in question was published:

"As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a 'rape,' but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

This brings us now to Donald Trump's lawyer who The Daily Beast reached out to for comment. He went on a tirade that would make Trump blush:

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, "You're talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can't rape your spouse."

"It is true," Cohen added. "You cannot rape your spouse. And there's very clear case law."

Realizing perhaps that denying the undeniable criminality of spousal rape was not the best way to kill the story, Cohen switches gears, making things worse:

"You write a story that has Mr. Trump's name in it, with the word 'rape,' and I'm going to mess your life up…for as long as you're on this frickin' planet…you're going to have judgments against you, so much money, you'll never know how to get out from underneath it," he added.

Trump's lawyer continued to threaten the reporter by saying, "Tread very fucking lightly, because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting."

One thing is clear: Trump's lawyer has the same rhetorical style as Trump.

Shout out to my friend Nina Strochlic and former deputy Asawin Suebsaeng for helping report the story.

11. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

He likes women from Eastern Europe who are use to beatings and rape.

12. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Narrative Pt. II: Initial Sexual Encounters
    From independent counsel Kenneth Starr's report to the House on President Clinton. Some of the language in these documents is sexually explicit.

Previous Page | Table of Contents | Next Page

II. 1995: Initial Sexual Encounters
    Monica Lewinsky began her White House employment as an intern in the Chief of Staff's office in July 1995. At White House functions in the following months, she made eye contact with the President. During the November 1995 government shutdown, the President invited her to his private study, where they kissed. Later that evening, they had a more intimate sexual encounter. They had another sexual encounter two days later, and a third one on New Year's Eve.

A. Overview of Monica Lewinsky's White House Employment

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Monica Lewinsky worked at the White House, first as an intern and then as an employee, from July 1995 to April 1996. With the assistance of family friend Walter Kaye, a prominent contributor to political causes, she obtained an internship starting in early July, when she was 21 years old.(131) She was assigned to work on correspondence in the office of Chief of Staff Leon Panetta in the Old Executive Office Building.(132)

As her internship was winding down, Ms. Lewinsky applied for a paying job on the White House staff. She interviewed with Timothy Keating, Special Assistant to the President and Staff Director for Legislative Affairs.(133) Ms. Lewinsky accepted a position dealing with correspondence in the Office of Legislative Affairs on November 13, 1995, but did not start the job (and, thus, continued her internship) until November 26.(134) She remained a White House employee until April 1996, when -- in her view, because of her intimate relationship with the President -- she was dismissed from the White House and transferred to the Pentagon.(135)

B. First Meetings with the President

The month after her White House internship began, Ms. Lewinsky and the President began what she characterized as "intense flirting."(136) At departure ceremonies and other events, she made eye contact with him, shook hands, and introduced herself.(137) When she ran into the President in the West Wing basement and introduced herself again, according to Ms. Lewinsky, he responded that he already knew who she was.(138) Ms. Lewinsky told her aunt that the President "seemed attracted to her or interested in her or something," and told a visiting friend that "she was attracted to [President Clinton], she had a big crush on him, and I think she told me she at some point had gotten his attention, that there was some mutual eye contact and recognition, mutual acknowledgment."(139)

In the autumn of 1995, an impasse over the budget forced the federal government to shut down for one week, from Tuesday, November 14, to Monday, November 20.(140) Only essential federal employees were permitted to work during the furlough, and the White House staff of 430 shrank to about 90 people for the week. White House interns could continue working because of their unpaid status, and they took on a wide range of additional duties.(141)

During the shutdown, Ms. Lewinsky worked in Chief of Staff Panetta's West Wing office, where she answered phones and ran errands.(142) The President came to Mr. Panetta's office frequently because of the shutdown, and he sometimes talked with Ms. Lewinsky.(143) She characterized these encounters as "continued flirtation."(144) According to Ms. Lewinsky, a Senior Adviser to the Chief of Staff, Barry Toiv, remarked to her that she was getting a great deal of "face time" with the President.(145)

C. November 15 Sexual Encounter

Ms. Lewinsky testified that Wednesday, November 15, 1995 -- the second day of the government shutdown -- marked the beginning of her sexual relationship with the President.(146) On that date, she entered the White House at 1:30 p.m., left sometime thereafter (White House records do not show the time), reentered at 5:07 p.m., and departed at 12:18 a.m. on November 16.(147) The President was in the Oval Office or the Chief of Staff's office (where Ms. Lewinsky worked during the furlough) for almost the identical period that Ms. Lewinsky was in the White House that evening, from 5:01 p.m. on November 15 to 12:35 a.m. on November 16.(148)

According to Ms. Lewinsky, she and the President made eye contact when he came to the West Wing to see Mr. Panetta and Deputy Chief of Staff Harold Ickes, then again later at an informal birthday party for Jennifer Palmieri, Special Assistant to the Chief of Staff.(149) At one point, Ms. Lewinsky and the President talked alone in the Chief of Staff's office. In the course of flirting with him, she raised her jacket in the back and showed him the straps of her thong underwear, which extended above her pants.(150)

En route to the restroom at about 8 p.m., she passed George Stephanopoulos's office. The President was inside alone, and he beckoned her to enter.(151) She told him that she had a crush on him. He laughed, then asked if she would like to see his private office.(152) Through a connecting door in Mr. Stephanopoulos's office, they went through the President's private dining room toward the study off the Oval Office. Ms. Lewinsky testified: "We talked briefly and sort of acknowledged that there had been a chemistry that was there before and that we were both attracted to each other and then he asked me if he could kiss me." Ms. Lewinsky said yes. In the windowless hallway adjacent to the study, they kissed.(153) Before returning to her desk, Ms. Lewinsky wrote down her name and telephone number for the President.(154)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  13. John Sterling

Reputations:
    The Sex Life of JFK
    What We Know About His Legendary Love Life

According to Robert P. Watson, a historian who has researched the sexual indiscretions of U.S. Presidents, at least seven of them—ranging from Thomas Jefferson to Bill Clinton—have had affairs both before and during their terms of office. But John F. Kennedy, whose dalliances with scores of women, including movie goddess Marilyn Monroe, have become the stuff of legend.

Kennedy biographer Robert Dallek describes JFK as a "compulsive womanizer" whose insatiable urge for sexual conquests was fueled by a complex array of personal traumas—his own father's conspicuous adultery, a difficult relationship with his mother, anxiety about his own health problems and his brush with death during World War II, and the deaths at a young age of his siblings Joe Jr. and Kathleen. "Kennedy himself, who could not explain his need for sex with so many women, probably rationalized his behavior as a diversion comparable with what British aristocrats did, or with the golf, sailing and fishing presidents traditionally used to ease tensions," Dallek wrote.

"Jack liked girls," his friend, Florida Sen. George Smathers, told Dallek. "...He was a great chaser."

Kennedy's amorous proclivities began long before he reached the Oval Office. According to Kennedy biographers Michael Meagher and Larry D. Gragg, the future president was sexually promiscuous dating back to his high school days at Choate, and during World War II, had an affair with Inga Arvad, a woman that the FBI had under surveillance because they believed she might be a German spy.

As a still-single Massachusetts Congressman in the 1940s and early 1950s, he indulged himself with what his friend, New Jersey Congressman Frank Thompson, Jr., called a "smorgasbord of women." According to biographers Meagher and Gragg, Kennedy's lovers were prominent, accomplished women, as well as strippers, airline stewardesses, and secretaries. As a lover, Kennedy reportedly was more interested in quantity than anything else. According to Dallek, one woman described him as "nice—considerate in his own way, witty and fun. But he gave off light instead of heat. Sex was something to have done, not to be doing. He wasn't in it for the cuddling."

But even after Kennedy married the strikingly beautiful, elegant Jacqueline Bouvier in 1953, the same year he was elected to the U.S. Senate, he continued to pursue extramarital relationships—despite the risk of scandal that might have crippled his Presidency.

In the years since his death, rumors of numerous JFK affairs have bubbled to the surface. Here are three of the most attention-getting.

• Marilyn Monroe: By Monroe biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli's account, the glamorous actress first caught Kennedy's eye when she made a spectacular entrance at a dinner party held in his honor at a hotel in New York in February 1962. Actress Arlen Dahl, who was at the event, recalled that "The President turned around and you could see that he was immediately attracted to her. 'Finally! You're here,' he said, with a big smile." The two supposedly rendezvoused in Palm Springs in late March. JFK friend Smathers believed that Monroe regarded her relationship with Kennedy as much more serious that it actually was. "It wasn't a big thing as far as he was concerned," Smathers explained, according to Monroe biographer Barbara Leaming. To JFK, Monroe was "like a lot of the pretty girls who had fallen very much in love with the Kennedys, just by being around with him a little bit." Monroe's famously sexy rendition of "Happy Birthday" to the President at a May 1962 fundraising event in Madison Square Garden, which triggered gossip about the two having an affair, prompted Kennedy to back away from Monroe, according to Leaming. The movie star wouldn't take no for an answer, though, and reportedly called the White House numerous times in an effort to rekindle their affair, until the President finally sent a friend to dissuade her.

• Mimi Alford: In the summer of 1962, Alford, then 19 and a student at Wheaton College in Massachusetts, was just a few days into a college internship at the White House when, by her account in a 2012 interview with NBC News, she and two other female staffers—nicknamed "Fiddle and Faddle" by coworkers—went for a lunchtime swim in the White House pool. To her surprise, the President joined them. A few hours later, she said, she received an invitation to the White House residence, where, according to Alford JFK guided her into Jackie Kennedy’s bedroom and deflowered her. Other trysts supposedly followed, both at the White House and in hotels when the President traveled. Even after returning to college in the fall, she occasionally returned to Washington to see Kennedy, and waited up for JFK the tense night before the Cuban missile crisis was resolved.
    • Judith Campbell Exner: The Los Angeles socialite, who had previously dated Frank Sinatra, began her affair with Kennedy during his 1960 Presidential campaign, according to her 1999 Los Angeles Times obituary. Exner and Kennedy continued their relationship during his term of office. During that time Campbell Exner claimed to have served as a courier for the President, taking mysterious envelopes to mobsters Sam Giancana—with whom she later also had an affair—and Johnny Rosselli. In 1963, at her final encounter with Kennedy, she became pregnant and later had an abortion, by her account. In 1975, her relationship with Kennedy became public when she was called to testify by a Senate committee investigating alleged CIA plots to assassinate Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

14. John Sterling

Reputations:
    EXCLUSIVE - Bobby Kennedy ordered Marilyn Monroe's murder by lethal injection to prevent her from revealing her torrid affairs with RFK and JFK: New book sensationally claims to have finally solved the mystery surrounding her death
    • Investigative journalists Jay Margolis and Richard Buskin believe they they lay to rest any notion that Marilyn committed suicide, and reveal how they think the screen goddess really died
    • The Kennedy brothers were ‘passing her around like a football,' revealed brother-in-law, actor Peter Lawford, years after she died
    • Marilyn knew too much about the Kennedys and threatened to reveal everything
    • Bobby Kennedy did not act alone, the authors claim. Complicit in the murder was Lawford and Marilyn's shrink, who gave her the fatal dose of pentobarbitol
    • Before that, she was given an enema filled with broken-down Nembutals and seventeen chloral hydrates
    • When ambulance drivers found her in her Brentwood guest house, 'She was naked. She had no sheet, no blanket. There was no water glass. No alcohol…'
    By Caroline Howe

Published: 13:50 EST, 16 May 2014 | Updated: 22:11 EST, 26 July 2015

View comments

Marilyn Monroe’s death on August 4, 1962 was not a suicide but a murder orchestrated by Bobby Kennedy to silence her as she was about to reveal all the dirty Kennedy family secrets she kept logged in a little red diary.

And Bobby did not act alone. He had co-conspirators in her murder - his brother-in-law, actor Peter Lawford, and Marilyn’s psychiatrist, Dr. Ralph Greenson who gave the star a fatal injection of pentobarbital to the heart.

Those are the explosive allegations detailed in a blockbuster new book by writers Jay Margolis, a long-time investigative reporter and Monroe expert, and Richard Buskin, a New York Times bestselling author of 30 non- fiction books.

The volume - The Murder of Marilyn Monroe: Case Closed - claims to blow the lid off the world’s most notorious and talked-about celebrity death through eyewitness testimony and interviews, MailOnline can exclusively reveal.

[​IMG]

+11
      Torn between two lovers: Marilyn had affairs with both Kennedy brothers, the authors claim. She was obsessed with Jack and Bobby and wrote about their trysts and other Kennedy secrets in a little red book

[​IMG]

+11
      Fallen idol: The death of Marilyn Monroe has generated 50 years of wild speculation about how she really died. Now two respected authors say they have put that speculation to rest with proof that Bobby Kennedy arranged the murder of the iconic star

‘Bobby Kennedy was determined to shut her up, regardless of the consequences’, Peter Lawford later revealed, according to the authors, feeling wracked with guilt over the star’s murder. ‘It was the craziest thing he ever did – and I was crazy enough to let it happen’.

It was a murder allegedly witnessed by ambulance attendant James C. Hall, who arrived at the film star's home and saw Monroe’s psychiatrist Dr. Greenson inject Marilyn directly into her heart with undiluted pentobarbital, brutally breaking a rib with the needle.

He was set up by Bobby to ‘take care’ of Marilyn.

Bobby Kennedy got involved in a messy sexual affair with Marilyn in the summer of 1962 when he was sent out to Los Angeles by his brother Jack to convince the screen goddess to stop calling the President at the White House. The President was not going to divorce Jackie and marry her.

But Bobby fell under her spell and slipped into the bedroom with Marilyn.

‘It wasn’t Bobby’s intention, but that evening they became lovers and spent the night in our guest bedroom’, Peter Lawford later revealed.

[​IMG]

+11
      Troublemaker: Bobby Kennedy got involved in a messy sexual affair with Marilyn in the summer of 1962 when he was sent out to LA by JFK to convince the screen goddess to stop calling the President at the White House. The President was not going to divorce Jackie and marry her

The Kennedy helicopter always landed down on the beach in front of Lawford’s Santa Monica’s Gold Coast home in the Palisades area of Los Angeles. Jack Kennedy had spent so much time there having extramarital affairs with starlets and movie queens, it was dubbed the Western branch of the White House.

Now it was Bobby’s turn.

‘Almost immediately the affair got very heavy, and they began seeing a lot of each other,' Lawford said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-secrets-new-book-claims.html#ixzz3hAMCiH13
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

15. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's the kind of guy that white trash teabaggers want to have a beer with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    blindbella likes this.
  16. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :scratch:

You may have a point.
    Intelligent American women seem far to independent to put up with his nonsense.

ZevonFan, blindbella and Ving like this.
  17. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

18. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

blindbella likes this.
  19. John Sterling

Reputations:
    After 11 Years in Prison, Skakel Goes Free on Bail
    By ALISON LEIGH COWAN and MARC SANTORANOV. 21, 2013

Photo
    [​IMG]

Michael C. Skakel, who was convicted in 2002 of the 1975 murder of Martha Moxley, 15, leaving a courthouse in Stamford, Conn., on Thursday. Mr. Skakel was ordered not to leave the state. Credit Christopher Capozziello for The New York Times

Continue reading the main story Share This Page
    • Email
    • Tweet
    • Save
    • more
    STAMFORD, Conn. — After spending more than a decade behind bars for the murder of a teenage girl in Greenwich, Conn., Michael C. Skakel, a cousin of the Kennedys, was ordered free from prison on Thursday to await a possible retrial.

Judge Gary White of Connecticut Superior Court in Stamford set bail at $1.2 million, ordering Mr. Skakel not to leave the state without permission and to wear a tracking device. The bail hearing came after another judge ruled last month that Mr. Skakel did not receive a fair trial because his first lawyer, Mickey Sherman, had not represented him effectively, depriving him of his constitutionally guaranteed right to counsel.

Continue reading the main story
    Related Coverage
    As Judge White made his announcement, friends and relatives of Mr. Skakel burst out in applause. Mr. Skakel, dressed in a suit and blue tie, tapped his chest as he walked out of the courtroom. Shortly after 2 p.m., he emerged from the basement of the courthouse and embraced supporters in enthusiastic bear hugs. He stood silently while his lawyer spoke to the throng of reporters outside before being whisked away in a waiting car.

New York By Reem Makhoul 2:04
    A Long-Running Trial
    Continue reading the main story Video
    A Long-Running Trial
    Nearly 40 years after the murder of 15-year-old Martha Moxley of Greenwich, Conn., people are still fascinated about the details of the case.

By Reem Makhoul on Publish Date November 19, 2013. Watch in Times Video »
    Hubert J. Santos, Mr. Skakel’s current lawyer, declined to publicly reveal where Mr. Skakel would go once he was released. His brother John Skakel, who lives in Portland, Ore., provided bank checks to cover the bail.

It was the latest twist in a case that has fascinated the public and confounded investigators since 1975, when the battered body of Martha Moxley, 15, was found beneath a tree in her family’s backyard, pieces of a broken 6-iron golf club by her side.

Mr. Skakel, 53, was also 15 at the time of the murder, and the two were neighbors in a town that has long been a bastion of wealth. At different times, both Mr. Skakel and his brother Thomas were suspected of killing Ms. Moxley. But it was more than a quarter of a century before Mr. Skakel was tried and convicted. In 2002, he was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison.

The judge who ruled last month, Thomas A. Bishop of Superior Court in Rockville, wrote in a scathing 136-page decision that Mr. Sherman failed to show an attention to detail, lacked a coherent strategy and “was in a myriad of ways ineffective.” Those failures, he wrote, led to a “conviction that lacks reliability.”

After the ruling, Mr. Santos filed a motion for his client to be released on bail. In a later hearing, Judge Bishop decided that the question of whether to grant bail belonged with the criminal court in Stamford, where Mr. Skakel will be retried if the state decides to go forward with another prosecution.

From the outset, the case has attracted national news media attention, offering a potent mix of power, money and sex. It inspired a made-for-television movie, and became a staple for tabloids and an unending source of interest for true-crime writers, particularly Dominick Dunne.

Mr. Skakel is the nephew of Ethel Skakel Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy, and the link to one of America’s most famous families fueled additional interest in the case.

His trial in 2002 lasted three weeks and revealed tawdry details about his life as a young man, including his drinking and his drug use. In his defense, Mr. Skakel acknowledged that on the night of the murder, he had climbed a tree and masturbated while trying to look into Ms. Moxley’s bedroom.

During the trial, the prosecution painted Mr. Skakel as an emotionally disturbed man who was consumed with guilt after the killing, prompting confessions and suicide attempts. In one particularly vivid example cited in court documents, a man employed by the family as a gardener described how Mr. Skakel once tried to jump off the Triborough Bridge after saying that “he had done something very bad, and that he needed to get out of the country, and that he had to kill himself.”

Photo

kingship and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  20. John Sterling

Reputations:
    Police Report Details Kennedy Incident : Rape case: Woman said senator's nephew tackled her near pool. In other developments, the family's investigators are accused of intimidation.
    April 13, 1991|RONALD J. OSTROW | TIMES STAFF WRITER
      • Email
    PALM BEACH, Fla. — The woman who charged that the nephew of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy raped her, told police that she attempted to escape but that the nephew, William Kennedy Smith, tackled her, held her down and forced himself on her as she struggled vainly, a police report released Friday discloses.

The official Palm Beach police report on the March 30 incident at the Kennedy family's oceanfront mansion here also reveals that emergency room doctors at Humana Hospital who examined the woman after the alleged attack said she had suffered a possible rib fracture.

However, the report describes the woman's injuries as "minor" and lists them as abrasions and bruises.

Soon after the report was made public Friday, the already charged case took on added heat as the lawyer for the 29-year-old woman charged that private investigators for Smith, 30, apparently had attempted to "intimidate a material witness in this investigation."

The attorney, David Roth, said he asked Palm Beach police and the state's attorney to "fully investigate these allegations of witness tampering." If true,they would constitute "obstruction of justice," he said.

[​IMG]
    Roth said such attempts at "damage control" inevitably backfire and have strengthened the resolve of his client, whose name is being withheld under Florida law.

He would give no details, but referred reporters to charges by Joe Mincberg, a local attorney representing friends of the victim who allegedly picked her up at the Kennedy family mansion after she telephoned them for help.

Mincberg said that investigators for the Kennedy family were using "bullying tactics," such as threatening to reveal unflattering elements of prospective witnesses' backgrounds if they testify against Smith.

Mark Schnapp, a former federal prosecutor in Miami who is representing Smith, denied the charge. "There's been no intimidation or any attempt to intimidate any witness in this case, at least by our investigators," he said.

Schnapp said the investigators are all professionals with years of prior law enforcement experience, and he vowed that they would continue to uncover and present evidence to law enforcement authorities.

No charges have been filed against Smith, who in the company of his uncle, Sen. Kennedy and Kennedy's son, Patrick, a Rhode Island legislator, met the woman at Au Bar, a chic nightspot here, in the early morning hours of March 30. The woman later agreed to drive Smith back to the family mansion.

Smith, a fourth-year student at Georgetown Medical School in Washington, has declined to talk with Palm Beach detectives, but has issued statements through his attorneys denying that he abused or used force on the woman. On Thursday, he called the claims a "damnable lie."

Smith is the second son of Sen. Kennedy's sister, Jean Kennedy Smith, and the late Stephen Smith, who managed the Kennedy family's holdings until his death last August.

While the charges and denials of witness intimidation added new elements to the unfolding case, the official police report with its graphic account of the alleged sexual assault was the dominant event in Friday's developments.

In the account, Palm Beach detective Christine Rigolo told of meeting the alleged victim about 10 hours after the reported attack at the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office, where the woman had gone with a victim services counselor.

[​IMG]
    The woman told the detective that she was at Au Bar after midnight on March 30 and that she "met a subject who identified himself as William Smith, and introduced his uncle as Uncle Ted. The victim said she later realized that Uncle Ted was Sen. Ted Kennedy."

The woman said she could identify the suspect and that she had given him a ride home to the Kennedy estate, the report said. She accepted an invitation into the residence.

"After a walk down to the beach, she said that she was leaving and began walking away and was attacked,"the police report said. "The victim said that she ran to the pool area where she was physically tackled by the subject known to her as William Smith and held down while he lifted her dress and pulled down her panties."

The report said the woman did not believe her attacker was dressed and that she thought he completed the sexual act. "The victim said that she was struggling and telling him no," the report said. "The victim said that she called friends to help her as she was terrorized by the events that occurred."

An earlier interview of the alleged victim by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, to whom she first turned, described her as being quite upset and unwilling to give any details of the incident for some time.

In that interview, she said that after the assault Smith "continued to try and tell her he did not rape her."

It appears unlikely that any charges will be filed in the case until at least the middle of next week. Craig E. Gunkel, a Palm Beach police spokesman, said detectives and crime scene personnel had conducted a search of the Kennedy compound Friday.

He said preliminary test results will be received next week. These comparisons of hair and blood samples provided by Smith with evidence taken from the medical examination of the woman could rule Smith out as a suspect but cannot positively identify him as having sexually attacked her. If they do not rule him out, police then are expected to await DNA results, which can require weeks longer to complete, but can provide positive identification in some cases.

David H. Bludworth, Palm Beach County state's attorney, said his office will review evidence collected by the police and talk to all those involved before deciding whether to file charges.