I've been listening to a lot of 90s/early 2000s Stern shows lately

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by YOUREMOTHER, Jul 10, 2013.

1. YOUREMOTHER

YOUREMOTHER Member

Reputations:
    And it just makes me even more annoyed at how shitty the show is today.

It wouldn't be so bad if Howard didn't spend all that time pimping out Sirius and talking about how great it would be and then almost immediately reducing his work week and telling people to essentially fuck off if they didn't like it. "Oh well cancel your subscription then! Even though I told my audience every day for a year that they would be idiots for not signing up!" I think it was a huge mistake to try and go live with two channels right off the bat, especially since 99% of Howard's "great ideas" never materialized. It's so funny to listen to the last terrestrial radio shows, with Robin sucking the shit out of Howard's ass talking about how "regular radio is going to go out of business!!", as if moving to satellite radio would be the equivalent of a cure for cancer or discovering alien life forms. All that energy Howard was talking about sure disappeared once he hit a huge payday. And that's cool with me, because I wouldn't work at all if I had that kind of loot. But fuckin' cop to it, dude. Don't pretend like your show is still the same as it was even 10 or 12 years ago. If you don't give a shit, fine. Just don't lie to your audience and pretend you do.

Radio gave Howard everything he has and now he acts like it's a massive burden to do 3 shows a week when he's not on vacation for six weeks at a time. I understand he's been doing this for 30 years but he's phoning it in so bad with this last contract extension. No one wants to pay a subscription fee to hear Baba Booey or fucking Marianne from Brooklyn. Does anyone remember all the supposed movies and TV shows and merchandise Howard turned down because it would be like "fleecing" his audience and putting out an inferior product? Well I guess he doesn't give a shit about that anymore.

2. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;SU2hsZ6BevE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU2hsZ6BevE[/video]