I've Finally Done It...I Stopped Listening to THSS

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SalsMasterShake, May 16, 2013.

1. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    I remember various posters ragging on the members here who still listened to The Show, and it used to piss me off (quite frankly).

How could people that were ("were" being the operative word) fans of Howard not listen in?

I remember some poster saying how easy it was, and to just do it. Like jumping in a pool.

I started listening to THSS in the late 80s, watched him every night he was on the E! show, and happily signed up to Sirius (and even bought stock) when he transitioned over. I couldn't imagine not waking up and hearing that familiar voice on my clock radio when it came on.

Ultimately, you posters were right. It WAS easy. I finally got to the point where I could give a flying fuck about Howard, his lies, his hypocrisy, his uninteresting guests, his vapid wife, his idiot sycophants (especially Bababooey), AGT, getting pissed on, and the ungodly amount of money he makes for producing such a half-ass show, that I finally threw in the towel.

I'm going to keep Sirius, for the sports channels, the NFL, and Backspin, but I'm never listening to that wigged hypocrite again. Fuck you Howard! :gtfo:

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:
    Recent convert of the not listening anymore club myself. 4 weeks so far and haven't looked back.

3. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :cheer:

Welcome to the club of non-listeners. I did it as a new year resolution and stuck with it. I only quickly scan Marksfriggin to catch up and read threads on here. Such a huge time saver.

4. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    i generally don't listen to the full show. i scan marksfriggin and if there is something i like, i'll download the show.
    i tend to like staff fights, and if i like the guest, i'll listen. it seems all he does is interviews now a days.
    no joke, i use to like robin's news in the 90's. they use to bring in a comedian, but somethings changed.

5. synch22

synch22 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm still on the Tyson interview show. I use to listen religiously.... Its over johnny

6. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Isn't it great? I haven't listened since late last year and haven't looked back. It's O&A for me now - their show is actually like, funny....do you remember what it was like to laugh out loud listening to a radio show? It's still possible.