ive got some news on mops

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Shivvy, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    The Best | Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop

We have bought our share of mops: string mops, sponge mops, odd puffy mops, cloth mops, hands-free mops, mops with special wringer buckets, mops with twisty special wringer accessories. All have been pretty much dismal. None have lasted more than a few months, if that. Many have been so convoluted to use that we just gave up and tossed them.

Ah, but the Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop! What a joy! You fill the plastic bottle with a mere two teaspoons of cleaner (yes, two teaspoons, not tablespoons), fill the rest of the bottle with water, insert it into the mop, and then go, go, go. The mop sprays the mixed cleaning solution across the floor, and you — well, mop. No splashing, no puddling, no rinsing, no wringing.

The microfiber pad goes right into the washing machine and lasts and lasts. After a year, the pad’s still like new. We bought an extra pad ($5.99), so, when one is in the laundry, we have the other. For about $10, you can also buy a two-pack of dry-dusting pads at Amazon.com so you can use your Reveal Mop to replace your Swiffer, too.

So what is the price on the best mop my husband and I have ever used? The mop goes for $24.99 at Target. Considering that a soon-to-be-stinky string mop costs $10 or more, it’s a bargain at the price.

What’s “The Best”? Let us know in 300 words or less. If we publish your article, you’ll get a $50 gift card. Send submissions to Kathryn Gregory, kgregory@courier-journal.com, or to Kathryn Gregory, “Best” Editor, The Courier-Journal, P.O. Box 740031, Louisville, KY 40201-7431.

Ivonne Rovira teaches humanities and Spanish at Westport TAPP, part of Jefferson County Public Schools. She lives in the Highlands.

2. Summer

Summer Shed Punisher VIP

Reputations:
    :lol:

EasyJesus likes this.
  3. Summer

Summer Shed Punisher VIP

Reputations:
    I literally lol'd.

EasyJesus and Shivvy like this.
  4. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold