Jackie's Joke Hunt on iTunes

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jimbronie, Jul 10, 2013.

1. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey guys,
    I have been a little behind and was listening to the June 18th Jackie's Joke hunt. Near the end of the show he says that JJH will be on iTunes starting with the January 7th Show. The 7th of 2014 is a tuesday so I am assuming he is talking about 2014.

Did anyone else catch this? Maybe all is falling apart at SXM for Wiggy and the Turk.

2. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I just went back in my Joke Hunt archives and heard it too. Does this mean he's gone from Sirius at the end of the year? I remember hearing it's in the Sirius contract that Jackie owns the show so he's free to put it on Itunes if he wants. The question is who's gonna buy it?

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They offered him $94, but he held out for $100.

4. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Always the haggler, that Jackie. :giggle:

5. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope this works out for The Jokeman, but I have a bad feeling that it could end in disaster for the Jokeland Empire.

[​IMG]

6. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He should have a podcast, everybody else does and he could probably do better interviews a than Howard at this point of Howard's career.

7. jimbronie

Reputations:
    I refuse to listen to any of the repackaged sanitized crap Howard puts on when he is on vacation but I happened to flip it on yesterday and it was in the middle of the crap up show. They were talking about Howard con and either loser hein or Richard cristy said " I hope we can pull this together before we are done here". Now maybe they were referring to the end if the contract in 2 years but to say something like that is more of an indication ( to me) that the end is coming sooner than later.

8. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If it's a podcast iTunes doesn't accept podcats that charge a fee, so unless iTunes is doing some new streaming radio type thing in 2014 (which they might be) it would have to be free as a podcast. I like Jackie but has anybody actually ever listened to the full hour of his show? Usually I'm done after about fifteen minutes.

9. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    +rep for the podcast information. I've never downloaded a podcast and didn't kow they had to be free.

I've never listened to a full show; sometimes I'll listen to part of one to get some jokes to tell at work, but the majority of jokes they tell aren't funny (to me).

10. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This!

Jackie would be a perfect podcast host. He loves to talk and and loves talking about himself more than anything. That's all Carolla does and he's King of the iTunes..

11. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    True dat. He may just be selling JokeHunt on iTunes the same way O&A sell their daily radio shows on iTunes.

12. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info - back in the day I used to pay for the Jim Rome podcast which I downloaded through I iTunes, but I cancelled that years ago.

I can't see anyone paying even a small fee for the Joke Hunt. Maybe Jackie can get a sponsor to pay for him to do a live read during the podcast to make a few bucks.

13. Craignor

Craignor Bodymore, Murderland VIP

Reputations:
    What a waste of bandwidth.

14. jimbronie

Reputations:
    Personal feelings on Jackie's show aside, this is still an interesting development.