Discussion in 'The Bar' started by jdwhatever, Jun 25, 2014.
Give him words of encouragement itt.
thanks for the thread
its really helping!
I'll send you to Belize.
Hang in there, lil' buddy!
thanks for the support
I'm a kind and gentle soul.
I am typing out all the know how's of the new forum for Jawr
1. Belize has around 900 Mayan sites.
2. The islands in Belize are called Cayes (pronounced “keys”) and total around 450 including those on the outer atolls.
3. Belize has the only Jaguar reserve in the world, otherwise known as Cockscomb Basin Wildlife sanctuary.
4. Many Belizeans avoid swimming in the ocean or rivers on Good Friday; it is viewed as bad luck. Local Mothers can often be heard telling their kids they “will turn fish!” if they swim on this day!
5. Belizean folklore tells of a 3-foot tall, evil dwarf called El Duende. The thumb less dwarf is said to hang out in the forest and punish any children who kill animals!
6. Belize has its own version of Big Foot/Sasquatch, called El Sisimito. It is a large creature that has no knees, has its feet on backwards and likes human flesh!
7. Belize is the only Central American country where English is the official language. However, you will still hear a mixture of Creole, Spanish, Garifuna and Mayan languages being spoken on the street.
8. The former capital Belize City was nearly completely destroyed by Hurricane Hattie in 1961! After hurricane Hattie, the capital city was moved to Belmopan. With just over 12,000 inhabitants Belmopan is the smallest capital city in the World!
9. The tallest building in Belize is a Mayan temple!
10. There is no McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks or KFC in the entire country of Belize!!!
You need to post that review of Belize.
Out of curiosity, where would you suggest in Mexico or Guatemala, and why so much better than Belize?
Where? Tikal is a great place to start. You can hang out in San Benito for a couple of days while you visit Tikal and then launch out to do that adventure stuff (please don't be put off by my ASSitude towards your goals, my problem is that I now consider roughing it as staying in a hotel that doesn't have a flat-screen TV) in the nearby national parks and reserves. They are pretty huge, and when you get tired of the mosquitos, you go back to San Benito and kick back and eat, drink and look at pretty girls.
Mexico -- well, shit dude. Practically anyplace you pick in Mexico is better than fucking Belize. You just need to make sure you aren't wandering into conflict areas. You could always cruise over to Pico de Orizaba and climb the 3rd highest peak on our continent. August is probably too soon for me, but there is a chance I could break away and climb it with you. It takes 2-3 days to get there and back from Mexico City.
Belize simply sucks. Just imagine the worst place in Mexico or Guatemala, and Belize is worse -- shit food (I'm talking about no fucking taste), shit infrastructure, and what may be literally the world's ugliest women. Certainly they are the ugliest in Central America.
But of course, it IS your vacation money. You should spend it as you think it is best for you....
Losing faith in humanity, one assclown at a time....
I was there as well on a cruise. I wouldn't go again if I had a choice. Not be best place for a vacation unless you LOVE nature and can stand to take that chance that you will probably be carrying a year of their average pay in your pocket everyday. (They earn about $75US a week in Belize)
dont go it sucks we got off the cruise and drove for like 10 minutes and spent the rest of the day in the cruise. belize is on my ban list. go to atlantis or something belize sucks. nothing to see.