Jay Thomas live today 11/18/13

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by 1Vegasgirl, Nov 18, 2013.

1. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Anyone here? Thought there would already have been a thread started.

Stern related because he mentioned both Howard and Robin in the first hour.

2. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I was waiting for you to start it. . . .

3. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    I only heard the first few minutes during lunch but can't wait to pick it up later on my horrible commute home. :cheer: He said that some people were giving him crap via email that he took 2 months off while Robin worked every day during her cancer battle. :facepalm: The man had neck surgery - it affected his voice for god's sake. Guess he should've put together "a team" as Howard suggests whenever you have a medical emergency (that is, when it can't be cured by Dr. Sarno's book).

4. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    I did it as soon as I could.:)

5. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He does sound like he is struggling a bit. He just played a pre-recorded bit.

6. jaw_belize

jaw_belize Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This man is a saint

Will have to listen tomorrow on demand

7. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    I heard that. He also said that he is very, very thin now. He was 195lbs, lost 20lbs prior to the surgery and then another 20lbs being at home and not being able to eat much. I was dying for someone to call in and ask why he thinks Robin ballooned up when most people lose weight. Robin found his 40 lost lbs, and found a few more.

8. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    HA HA HA!

You wicked, wicked woman!

"Quivers found your lost weight, Jay."

And Jay is struggling. Feel for the guy. He's on another pre-recorded thing.

9. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up 1Vegasgirl! You're the best. Tuning in now using the app to catch it from the beginning.

10. Elisa Jane

Elisa Jane Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what kind of surgery Jay had and why he had to have it? It sounds awful. He has to tape his mouth shut at night when he sleeps so his saliva doesn't dry up. He said he weighs 155 pounds and looks like a turtle. Poor guy.

11. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    The funny thing is I can imagine him looking like a turtle without his shell now. . . .

12. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Listened to Jay this afternoon... he sounded pretty weak, not his usual self. The lack of energy really came across in his voice and I'm sure the three hours were a bit of a struggle for him. But he is a true professional and it's good to have him back. But there's a part of me that is wondering if there is more to this "football injury" than he is letting on...

13. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    He had scar tissue building up in his neck due to old injuries--a lot of people of Italian decent make more scar tissue than average --anyway it got to the point where it was causing him neck pain that he couldn't take (like Madidson), so they lasered him (similar to the surgery Payten Manning had). Problem is it takes a long time to recup from this surgery so he probably had planned to have it done during holidays or when his radio/acting schedule could bear. The surgery caused swelling in his mouth and throat so he couldn't eat normally, also he lost sensation in his taste buds, which has got to be hell for a foodie. Also during the long recoup he can't do his normal routine of gym exercising or running. To hear him tell it, you really feel for him. The surgery also affected his salvia glands and his vocal chords (his livelihood). He's a lot more geniune and forthcoming than Robin, though he is not trying to sell a health-advice book. He did say the bit about Sirus execs saying he had to get back to work was schtick.

So glad he is live. The TUESGAY show was particularily hilarous. It is interesting that Howard did not give his listeners a heads up about Jay would not be live and why or that he would be coming back live this week. I realize he is on Indie104 now but they cross promote other shows all the time, plus I though they were friends. Jay obviuosly doesn't listen to Howard's show because he did a show on the "squatty potty" and had no idea it was already covered on THSS.