JD is watching movies illegally

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Mar 6, 2014.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    On today's WUS JD, Ralph, Jon, (don't call me NAMBLA) and Ma-ma monkey talked about the Oscars..

while debating over what movie should have won for best movie Jon (don't call him NAMBLA) asked stuttering prick JD what movie he thought should have won..

the conversation went something like this

Jon..... JD did you see Wolf of Wall Street in the theaters??

JD- No I saw it on.....umm.. on ..um ...umm

Jon- (talks over JD)

JD- umm...er.... on a screen

Jon- (starts talking to Gary to save JDs ass)

So this means one of two things

JD is downloading movies on the internet.. a big no-no

OR

Howard is letting JD borrow his screeners which is a huge no-no and destroys Howard's bullshit excuse as to why his screener ended online

that is all

2. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gary also gets screeners.
    But Howard is a known pirate.

Its interesting that rich people like Howard / Gary get all new movies for free but the working man have to pay. Should it not be the other way?

3. chapped

Reputations:

i am guessing since they have made a movie they are part of the guild and get screeners because of it

it has nothing to do with money...

i have a friend who gets screeners too but she isn't stupid enough to lend them out

4. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Whatever you say, comrade.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  5. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God I hate jd/hein combo.

6. GivRodnyachance

GivRodnyachance Overt Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It is 20 dollars to watch a movie in Japan and the movies come out several months after they are released in America. I have no problem hitting the download button. If it was 6-8 dollars or so for a movie, I would go all the time.

7. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the studios are the ones who decide to release the academy screeners which get uploaded online. they obviously think it is worth it to them financially to do this even though they know they will be uploaded to file sharing sites. so i dont think it is a big deal to download them.

8. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    The poor bastard needs a win. Not something he should be proud of, but whatever.

9. HPMikesLazyEYE

HPMikesLazyEYE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jon Hein also said "Movies get traded around a lot around here" How do movies that are still in theaters get traded around? Mmmmm

10. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    I wanted to make a long list of pirates with a Howard spin but I don't know very many pirates and those I came up aren't even that great. Nevertheless! --

Black Wig
    Captain Hook Nose
    One Eyed Willie Sucker

11. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    During the early 2000s, Howard and shitheel Vinnie Favale would spend hours discussing their illegal downloading of movies and music. I think somebody probably stepped in at some point and told howard that he should probably stop talking about it so openly on the air.

12. chapped

Reputations:

that is a huge no-no

funny how back in the late 90's they would brag about threatening legal action to anyone that would broadcast the HSS over the internet.. but they have no problem fucking breaking the law when ever they feel like it

13. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard makes the pirates on Black Sails seem tame.

14. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    They now track the screeners. I'm pretty sure that they have the name of the owner on them.

It took them 15 years, but Hollywood has pretty much broken up the pirating of feature films. (not 100%, but they continue to plug along)

15. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    The studios figure on 12 weeks of feature release. They know codes will be cracked by end of that time.

And of course, Russia will screen-copy films within days of release. And the quality of those fuckers get better every day.

16. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    no, dvd screeners of every best picture nominee have been available on file sharing sites for the last two months. none of them have anyone's name on it, most just say for your consideration a couple times during the movie.

17. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think a decade from now all movies will be available the day of release at home. 4K TV's and programming will be widespread. They will have a foolproof way to deliver the movies and allow them to be viewed once. I guess you could still copy them by pointing a camera to the TV but I imagine they will have a serial number imprinted on them so they know who is distributing them. It would look shitty anyway even if you recorded it off a 100 inch screen. Most people can't enjoy movies in theaters anymore with babies screaming and cell phones ringing. It would be extremely profitable for the studios because many people can't go out much anyway with families. Movie theaters will still exist for those who want the big screen experience but they will have to offer other incentives to get people to come. I posted about a device to watch studio releases at home. It was very expensive and didn't get much support. The studios know this is the way to go. You could save a fortune in not having to promote the movie. Just showing a trailer in every home would be enough to get millions of people to pay for the first run release.

18. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    This.

It will happen soon. Movie theaters don't make a profit off the tickets, they make their money off of jacked up food/drink prices. I can see big studio's dealing with iTunes or creating something themselves by putting a movie out worldwide for everyone on the same day. Right now some countries have to wait like 3-6 months for our latest movies. Big studio's have to be looking at the success of things like House Of Cards and seeing alternatives.

19. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Paying 10 bucks isn't so bad when you think back to paying shithead Blockbuster $4.75 for a VHS rental, for new AND old releases.

The big screen does make a huge difference. But Blu-ray is so awesome, plus you can have some beers while at home. Vincent Vega was right to be so intrigued by how they serve beer in European movie theaters.

20. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Lets all pray that the Feds raid the Sirius office! :pray: