Jeff the drunk special for Howard tv

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Madipuppy, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Madipuppy

Madipuppy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I just heard this in the replay. Why can't he put this on his radio show and compliment it with the video on Howard tv? Of course it's all about the money but he forgets that Sirius is a paid service doesn't he? So he basically uses his show as a teaser for Howard tv. Awful and pathetic.

2. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    That would entail a meeting. Howard has limited time

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Stern has always used his shitty day job on radio to promote his tchotchkes and EIB chairs.
    Sterns first day at WNBC he plugged '50 Ways To Rank Your Mother'

As one who purchased most of his side shit....I was always underwhelmed by the shit he sold us on the side.
    :coffee:

4. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Huh? What's he saying Robin?

5. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I jest watched the show, and I must say that I was thoroughly impressed. Jon Lieberman does a masterful job.

I had zero interest in either Jeff or Medicated Pete, and yet the two pieces Lieberman did were incredibly interesting, touching and funny. He is able to paint a picture of who these men are and how they came to be the radio personalities we are familiar with.

I was also surprised at the level of thankfulness both wackpackers have towards Howard and the show. I know there has been much criticisim about how the show may exploit some of the mentally challenged wackpackers. However, after seeing these specials, I was left with the feeling that the spotlight is the brightest part of their challenging existence.

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Why is Howardtv still a pay channel?
    Comedy Central airs uncensored shit after 11pm.
    PC Hamptons Stern is now rethinking his future of calling famous fat chicks fat. Wiggy has acquiesced (sold out) and doesn't say things that are shocking......nudity is gone from Howardtv too(?)
    They could air his Howardtv stuff after 11pm on one of the 400 cable channels.....:coffee:

7. DearLawd

Reputations:

Why would the evolved Howard give his audience of jackals a crumb without charging for it?

Long gone are the days of the rants against the staff of "do not take advantage of my audience"....JacKie and Stuttering John must be shaking their heads to to the point of whiplash.

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :lol:
    I hope Jeff is paid in meatballs and sexy baby wipes.
    :lol:

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    People might actually see some of his amazing inventions if he wasn't on a pay channel.
    Stern has been off the grid for 6 years now?

10. DearLawd

Reputations:

Paid? Paid? Paid by who? or Whom? Howard will barely pay his own staff....and willingly let's the audience know that whilst he is the KOAM not even being paid what he is worth to the point where a law suit is necessary, most of his long employed minions lived through the first Sirius contract without health insurance, and are still living just a tad above the poverty line.

A simple look at JD's quality of life and ability to live in a safe neighborhood tells the story....JD who he has fatherly feelings for.

Howard is despicably cheap.

11. Madipuppy

Madipuppy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I pay enough for cable that I am not going to pay another 9.95 or whatever it is for this. I genuinely tried HTV fora few months and barely watched it. What I watched was ok, but definitely wasnt worth it. Then I forgot to officially cancel it and my cable company charged me for the months I had it but didnt watch it anway.

12. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Indemend pays Howard a licensing fee for programming.

The ugly thing Howard does is that he uses Sirius employees for free. He have to therefore play a short clip of the stuff to say that he uses it for content on the show.

Mr Malone should go after Howard hard for these three things:
    1) Illegal AGT commercials. No one is allowed to have commercials for personal gain only. The company have to get their cut. Even Reilly was fired because he did a shout out for 50 dollars. Howard gets 15 millions and use his show as an infomercial. Easiest is to bill Howard for all the airtime. Howard made the mistake that he said that he was hired to AGT since he can promote the show on radio.
    2) Using Sirius employees for personal projects like HowardTV. Howard's contract is clear. Everything for HowardTV have to be payed by others then Sirius.
    3) Breach of contract. Howard signed an EXCLUSIVE deal with Sirius. By doing AGT he is not longer exclusive. With good lawyers Sirius could win that.

By suing Howard, Sirius would get tons of free press. Probably be able to cut the losses and fire the pelican cheap.

13. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    What cable channel would pay Howard a nickel for that fecal matter?

14. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And no one here at Dawg's has called out the Pelican for using HowardTV staff and equipment for the elaborate Video Memories w/Ben & Ray- wtf? Was that a paying gig for the guys or a huge favor?

15. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Robin: "Dr. Drew is exploiting people, Howard, it's disgusting."

16. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure this was done tastefully.