Jerry Lewis : Women are funny, but not when crude

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Apr 13, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Jerry Lewis : Women are funny, but not when crude

By SANDY COHEN
    AP Entertainment Writer

Apr 12, 5:28 PM EDT

[​IMG]

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Jerry Lewis says women are funny, but not as crude standup comics.

The 88-year-old entertainer was criticized for expressing his distaste for female comedians a few years ago, but in clarifying his comments, he called Lucille Ball "brilliant" and said Carol Burnett is "the greatest female entrepreneur of comedy."
    Ball "went to the lowest level of the barrel, and she was brilliant because of it," Lewis said Saturday after leaving his hand and footprints in cement outside Hollywood's Chinese Theatre.
    "Seeing a woman project the kind of aggression that you have to project as a comic just rubs me wrong. And they're funny - I mean you got some very, very funny people that do beautiful work - but I have a problem with the lady up there that's going to give birth to a child - which is a miracle," Lewis said. "But when you have women like Carol Burnett, that's the greatest female entrepreneur of comedy. I just saw Carol at the Smith Center at home in Vegas, and I was stunned by how brilliant she is and how brilliantly she brings the audience right up to her."
    Lewis was accompanied by his wife and daughter at the cement ceremony, during which he asked his daughter to take a bow.
    "This is an incredible time for me," he said. "I have never, ever had an experience like this and had my daughter present. And this is the first time I've ever asked her to join me."
    Danielle Sara Lewis is Jerry Lewis' only daughter and the youngest of his seven children.
    Quentin Tarantino introduced Lewis Saturday. Comedians Richard Belzer and Dane Cook were among the guests. Lewis planned to attend a 50th anniversary screening of "The Nutty Professor" later that evening as part of the TCM Classic Film Festival.

2. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    " Jerry's still alive?!"

3. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He's probably one of the most egotistical old fuckers out there, but I agree that female stand-up comics are not funny; just like a lot of male counterparts aren't.

That being said, the Nutty Professor (his version) is a great fucking movie. The DVD commentary with him and Steve Lawrence is one of the best ever.

4. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Does this also apply to effeminate, old, and tired shock jocks?

5. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    No doubt, continuing with his celebrity whoring apology tour, the wigged fraud "begged for forgiveness" from this bloated fuck

6. trent Johnson

trent Johnson Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree, I hate it when female comedians talk about being slutty

7. illini fan

Reputations:
    current wife and daughter....

[​IMG]

8. Shart Garfunkel

Shart Garfunkel I brought the magic suitcase Gold

Reputations:
    Which one is which?

9. Jayla

Jayla Ou ai-je l'esprit? Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know why anyone listens to or cares about what this old coot says. He had his time, but it's long over. And as far as women not being funny, all anyone has to do to disprove that is read this board. I routinely spit my drink out when reading posts here that I know are written by women. Who here hasn't busted a gut over one of Monsoon's posts???

10. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    That's just about every female comedian out there today.

Most comedians sucks. There are far more male comedians than female comedians. Hence, there are very few funny female comics. Now a days, being a popular female comic means that you talk about fucking a lot of dudes and then show your tits on a magazine cover or album poster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's his opinion and he has a right to it.

12. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [video]https://screen.yahoo.com/peoples-court-000000848.html[/video]

[​IMG]

Jan Hooks is always funny. Then Julia Louis Dreyfus. After that- nothing.

13. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This chick has a good body and her face is slightly above average, but her act is horribly unfunny. I tried watching War Paint at the gym one day - went 7 minutes without laughing and gave up.

[video=youtube;6pxJ2d6bdoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pxJ2d6bdoc[/video]

14. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    "there they go with that First Amendment shit again"

15. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Women are genetically not made to be funny. They can recognize humor, though. It's evolution. Funny men bred with women who found them funny. It's that simple. Women need beauty in order to breed and that's about it, which consequently, the current crop of female comics rely heavily on their sex appeal with few exceptions.

Amy Sedaris is probably the only one who is actually funny and you'll notice she plays down her beauty.

16. King Chris

King Chris Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

17. illini fan

Reputations:

Good god...lord have mercy!!!!!!

...hopefully beefus will have the same transformation....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  18. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This.

Christopher Hitchens said on the subject: "Women don't need to be funny. That for most men, if they can't make women laugh, they are out of the evolutionary contest. They are never going to get laid."

[video=youtube;I7izJggqCoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA[/video]

19. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    And when the beauty fades and the ovaries dry, women are kind and caring and traditionally help raise grandkids, another evolutionary trait.

Funny has zero to do with it. Same thing with strength or phycical ability even in games of skill. Pool is not a physically strenuous game so the strength advantage of men is nullified. And the best woman cannot begin to compete with the top 100, maybe even more, men.

They need beauty to make it. That is it. They don't need smarts, strength, skill, nothing but that beauty and vagoo.

20. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Here's another unfunny girl. Notice the way she tries to blame her friend toward the end.

[​IMG]