Jesse Jackson Comments On The Duck Dynasty Guy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Dec 25, 2013.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if the good "reverend" was able to get through to his son in prison this Christmas:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...nsive-39-161659097--abc-news-celebrities.html

Jesse Jackson has decided to weigh in on the inflammatory comments that Phil Robertson made to GQ about gays and African Americans.
    In an interview with Drew Magary, the "Duck Dynasty" star said the Nazis needed Jesus, that he never saw the mistreatment of African Americans while growing up in Louisiana before the civil rights era and that homosexuality was a sin.
    A&E has already suspended Robertson, but Reverend Jackson, his Rainbow PUSH Coalition and GLAAD are demanding to meet with network execs, along with Cracker Barrel's CEO, to discuss the future of all "Duck Dynasty" memorabilia or content.
    "These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago," Jackson said in a statement obtained by ABC News.
    "At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson's statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was 'white privilege.'"
    The release, dated Dec. 23, requests a meeting within 72 hours with A&E and Cracker Barrel execs and urges the network to uphold Robertson's suspension.
    Jackson and GLAAD said they believe it's not right for a personality with such a large platform to benefit from such comments.
    On Sunday, Robertson defended his comments about gays and blacks to a small Bible study group in West Monroe, La.
    "I will not give or back off from my path," he reportedly said Sunday.
    Robertson added that his GQ comments were quotes from the Bible. "I didn't think much of it at all, but it seems a lot of other people did," he said.

2. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    The world as we once knew it has ended and not for the good either.

3. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    lolwut

4. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What the fuck does a millionaire redneck speaking to GQ have to do with Rosa Parks?

Also: Rosa Parks should've called shotgun. :grad:

5. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;YkRdLEot6zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkRdLEot6zE[/video]

6. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Fuck jj and his shady son.

7. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Wonder if he submitted himself to sensitivity training after the "Hymletown" comment - which you know wasn't a slip of the tongue! Now this hypocritical strong-armed corporate-extorting cocksucker has his sights set on Cracker barrel. "Do as I say not as I do" incendiary racist family man whose moral influence raised at least one crooked incarcerated progeny also had a long-standing semen-receptive on the side who he put on the payroll and paid by diverting some of fruits of socially-conscious contributions. Long way of saying that no matter what your opinion of the Duck Dynasty douche might be, this is one bottom-feeding piece of flotsam who should mind his own fucking business and STFU!

8. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    So Jackson is saying that the cartoonish musing of a scripted reality show character are more offensive than the systemic execution of a state law that held blacks to be second class citizens??

Jesse Jackson is a fucking clown. He's a dumb man who's never accomplished anything other than extorting corporations for his own personal gain and family gain. He's a racist, inarticulate fuck up who raised a criminal son and has at least one child that he never raised at all. Fuck JJ and anybody who takes him seriously.

9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...jessie smells money and hes going to try to shake a few sheckles of the dd tree. thats how this douche makes money.

10. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Sounds like the good reverend wasn't successful in getting the Duck Dynasty guys to pony up a check - if they threw some cash at JJ, he would be backpedaling from his original comments real quickly.

11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Rosa Parks was an NAACP plant. Claudette Colvin was originally going to be used as the figurehead for the movement after she was arrested for refusing to sit in the back of the bus in Montgomery, but the NAACP realized that she was a pregnant, unwed teenager and she didn't fit the image that the group was trying to portray. So they had Rosa Parks, a lighter skinned woman who wasn't pregnant, refuse to sit in the back of the bus in order to be arrested.

Sure, that doesn't change the unfair practices and discrimination, but it is interesting that Colvin was kept out of the public eye by the NAACP because she wasn't their ideal. In other words, she was once again a victim of discrimination.

12. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Day 87 of Duck dynasty Apocalypse.

No one has fucked over more blacks than the Revs... Jesse & AL!

On the 'get shit done' list this issue is not in the top thousand.

Have Jesse & Al paid their taxes......they love not to pay taxes!

13. hillbilly

hillbilly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I hate that fucking cocksucker as much as I hate the other race baiting piece of monkey shit Al Sharpton. His son and cunt wife stole from the people and we are supposed to "forgive them"? MLK was killed on my dad's birthday in 1968. James Fucking Earl Ray, gave my dad what he considered the greatest gift he ever got. Where are the next hero's to step up and "help" these two motherfuckers out?

Jackson's comments about it being worse than the bitch Rosa Parks on the bus, because it was law at the time.....hmmm maybe the cops should have split her fucking head open to get to the back. Follow the law bitch. Hope she is burning in hell.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  14. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I fucking loathe Jesse Jackson.
    As mentioned earlier, after his "Hymietown" comment, you'd think he'd be a little forgiving.
    Or how bout just from a free speech platform. Just say something like, "well, he's free to think any way he likes and the black community should spend time worrying about why there are so many single mom families, not what some reality show star says in a magazine interview."

15. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    She was also very dark skinned. Rosa was lighter

16. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I don't get the MLK hate, but even if you can't stand the man for whatever reason, you have to admit that JJ isn't fit to smell MLK's shit.

MLK fought for equality while trying to encourage black people to take the higher road. He was blackmailed by the FBI and didn't buckle. He knew that he'd be assassinated and marched on anyway. Jackson, however, was just a greedy, racist, phony opportunist. He threw his own community under the bus to line his own pockets and grabs every semblance of power that his claws could grasp. He exploited MLK's death and convinced the media idiots that he somehow inherited King's role.

What are the problems in the black community? Parents with children in jail? Children without a father raising them or supporting them? Jesse has both. Jesse is no leader. He's literally the epitome of why so many black communities are in the sorry shape they're in. He's the embodiment of that shit.

17. Chimney Portions

Reputations:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh surely that had nothing to do with it... :coffee:

18. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    3 things all black people need to learn.

[video=youtube;7U-et8qOXLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-et8qOXLs[/video]

19. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    "Here I sit in shitting action,
    Just gave birth to Jesse Jackson."

20. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    That might sound racist.