Jim Breuer on Marc Maron's WTF

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by greyt, Oct 27, 2013.

1. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Breuer had an interesting talk on Maron's podcast last week that I think really showcased Howard's shitty interviewing skills. I have a feeling that people here aren't Maron fans but I think he's way better than Howard in the interviewing department. http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_435_-_jim_breuer

2. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Thanks, but the problem with this is you'd have to subject yourself to Jim Breuer and Marc Maron.

In one sitting.

:nocheer:

I'm going to have to take your word for it.

I should give Maron some props and say that he did a good, serious one with Florentine back in the spring.........................although Marc still managed to douche things up a little bit.

But you don't really need outside verification of Howard's shitty interviewing skills; just pick any interview Howard's done in the past few years and hit play.

It takes three things to be a good interviewer.................

1. get to the story

2. get out of the way of the story when you get to it

3. don't try to be the story

Howard usually manages the first thing, but completely fucks up the second and third things. But he does a weird variation of the third thing; he acts like he already knows the story, and then tries to make that the big takeaway from the interview.

It's like reading a book aloud last chapter first. No, it's worse than that; it's like reading a book aloud last chapter first, then periodically interrupting the reading with guesses about the ending.

Then claiming to write the book.

:facepalm:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  3. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Haven't heard Maron's PC yet.....But I've been pleasantly surprised with Alec Baldwin's "Here's the Thing" Podcast .....Baldwin run's circles around Hamptons as an interviewer.....He's a parallel to Mike Wallace from years ago......

4. yippeekyaa

yippeekyaa Moved forward. VIP

Reputations:

Marc fan chiming in. It was one of the better interviews he's done in the last couple weeks. It was nice to have a non-music related interview for a change. Some of Breuer's revelations about SNL was definitely news. Sometimes I only make though half of his podcast like the recent one with the zappa kid. But this one was great all the way to the end. Marc on a bad day is better than any recent Stern show on a good day. Podcasts are why i'm not renewing Sirius.

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Anyone have a link to the Breuer interview?

6. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maron, for all his faults, is a great interviewer. I don't listen to WTF religiously, but when he has an interesting guest, I'll check it out. Thanks to Howard (and Breuer's own awful Sirius show) I've kinda grown to hate Jim Breuer. But I'll check this out.

7. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
  8. yippeekyaa

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;Gpa7kCa0oJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpa7kCa0oJM[/video]