Jim Carrey throws hat in the ring for 'Douche Of The Year' with his anti-gun diatribe

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by 2Manboobs, Mar 25, 2013.

1. 2Manboobs

2Manboobs New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    More uninformed anti-gun propaganda from douchebags that employ around the clock armed bodyguards.... Friggin ponderous ...Why cant dopey Hollywood actors get stored away in a prop-room in between their movies with the rest of the movie-props ....

Video:
    [video]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey[/video]

Jim Carrey releases 'Cold Dead Hand' music video mocking gun rights advocates like Charlton Heston

The star sings in the Funny or Die video, ‘You're a big big man with a little bitty gland, so you need something bigger with a hairpin trigger.’

(CNN) – Charlton Heston's declaration that gun control advocates would have to pry his firearms "from my cold, dead hands" provides the punch line for comedian Jim Carrey's new video mocking the late actor and NRA president.

Carrey, who appears on a spoof version of the old comedy show "Hee Haw" both as Heston and as the frontman of a country-western band "Lonesome Earl And The Clutterbusters," is a vocal proponent of stricter gun control laws.

"Charlton Heston movies are no longer in demand, and his immortal soul may lay forever in the sand. The angels wouldn't take him up to heaven like he planned, because they couldn't pry the gun from his cold dead hand," Carrey sings in the video, which was posted Monday on the comedy website Funny or Die.

Heston, who died in 2008, rose to fame as an actor in movies like "The Ten Commandments" and "Ben-Hur." Later in life, however, he turned his attention to political advocacy, eventually becoming the president of the National Rifle Association from 1998-2003.
    He famously used the line mocked in Carrey's video during a 2000 speech to NRA members, going specifically after then-Vice President Al Gore, who was running for president at the time.

"As we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!" Heston declared.

Carrey starred in movies like "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" and "The Mask." He actively argues his case for gun control on Twitter @JimCarrey.
    Carrey said in a statement that he found America's rash of gun violence "frustrating" and the video was "my fun little way of expressing that frustration."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/25/jim-carrey-mocks-charlton-heston/

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
  3. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good for him.

4. Billy Brown

Billy Brown Thinking big VIP

Reputations:
    :rolleye:

5. deverrant

deverrant VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Celebrities and people in general have been expressing their opinions via their respective niches for as long as politics have existed.
    The right to free speech and freedom of expression is as important to "American freedom" as the right to own guns.

6. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Um, I don't think that freedom of expression holds as much importance as the right to bear arms. The fact is that Jim Carrey is a dumb fuck who's opinion means jack shit and really should just keep his once funny mouth shut. The guy hasn't made a good movie in years and I think he came up with this to deflect his latest shit movie that just came out and tanked.

7. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    dude's been a douchebag for a while

8. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I might change my opinion of him if he does Dumb and Dumber 2 and it is as good as the first movie.

9. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I worked with him one day on a re-shoot of a trailer for that stupid movie SnickerDoodles or whatever it was

He was treated like the Emperor of AnalGlands. I think they read his turds that morning to see if the omens were good. Lord what a pretentious cunt

10. Cheri

Cheri Skunk VIP

Reputations:
    He's from Canada. Get it?

11. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    Threads like this always smoke out the free speech libtards as long as it's speech they agree with :tadah:

12. 2Manboobs

Reputations:

Except he has the money & the means to disperse his propaganda to households worldwide.. As opposed to the Average Joe who can only reach the people who reside nearby ...

13. 2Manboobs

Reputations:

This isn't some canned response to a question posed to him by a late night talk show host. This was a pre-planned, intentional act.... This is him taking liberties with his public 'celebrity' in order to spread his propaganda to many times more people than the normal American could hope to reach, conventionally ..

14. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Reputations:
    Then you're an idiot.

15. 2Manboobs

Reputations:

All because he's good at bending his body & contorting his face abnormally ...

16. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Reputations:
    He became a US citizen in 2004. He can say whatever he likes about the country thanks to his first amendment rights.

17. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Reputations:
    Any Joe Schmo can upload a video to youtube and reach millions.

18. 2Manboobs

Reputations:

Both rights are equally important, and have been an integral part of making this country what it is today.... But one must temper their view of "free speech" from time to time... If you have two guys standing on the field of a packed football stadium who both want to address the crowd .. one having a microphone hooked up to the P.A. system, and the other using only his normal speaking voice.. Does one not have the advantage over the other?? .. Are both of their rights to free speech equal in that situation?? ....

19. nfbuckeye

nfbuckeye Beam me up, Mr. Speaker. VIP

Reputations:
    Boon.

20. Sternac

Sternac HALs Pal

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;8tqm0I-dTTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tqm0I-dTTs&list=PL43AC05EBED2E6D29[/video]