Jim's show American Degenerate

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by telecaster, Aug 25, 2013.

1. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    If someone previously posted this then they beat me to it. Go to www.epixhd.com and sign up for a free 14 day account so you can see everyone's sweet little boy live on stage. You are all very welcome.

telecaster:hat:

2. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    No one posted it but Norton may have mentioned it a few thousand times.

3. telecaster

Reputations:
    Indeed he did.

4. Scott

Reputations:
    The good thing is you don't need to enter credit card or any other personal info. Just an email so you can do it as many times as you can make gmail accounts.

The special was great by the way.

5. willx

willx New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Let me save you an hour of your life, it's horrible! While great on the O&A, I've never been a fan of Jimmy's stand up. I tried to give it another chance, but his latest special is garbage. It's mostly him just ranting about topics he's covered hundreds of times on satellite. If you've heard the show, chances are you've heard all the "bits" in this special. He's got a lot of topics, but there's not really any humor in his delivery. How many times can anybody make a joke about being surprised by a tranny, and make it sound funny. Enough already, we get it. You like odd sexual experiences.

It sounds like I'm hating, maybe I am, it's not intentional. I just don't find his stand up entertaining in the slightest.

6. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i liked his last special more, but i thought this one was ok.

7. AmericasJudge

AmericasJudge Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't think you're hating at all. I like the banter between him and Anthony on the show, but I watched Jim's last special and thought it was borderline creepy. (Full disclosure: I'm female) I've heard he likes trannies, got his dick sucked by boys, etc. already. His awkward sex life isn't always amusing, sometimes it's just uncomfortable. Thank you for saving the hour of my life, plus the hassle of signing up for and cancelling Epix. :hat:

8. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It's the most pathetic special I've seen maybe ever. If he wasn't getting mercy laughs from the O&A fans in the audience he'd be bombing anywhere else. I can't believe it but Artie Lange is practically George Carlin compared to Norton.

I was shocked that Norton was doing another special on Epix and not HBO or Showtime. But now I see why they passed on this special. What a fucking dud. I listen to O&A every day. I knew literally 95% of the punchlines just by being a regular listener.

9. Quietus

Quietus New Member

Reputations:
    Wow! I've only been listening to O&A for the last few months but really enjoy Jimmy's contribution to the show. He is equal to Artie in that role in terms of making me laugh out loud. I never thought Artie was a good stand up and now I guess Norton is the same way. Maybe these sidekick types should just stick to riffing off the hosts in a show format. I just watched a Louis CK DVD concert and it killed. I thought Norton would do as well but I guess not.

10. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He should get that on Netflix.

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I agree. I think he's hilarious on O & A and in other similar formats, but I've always been disappointed by his stand-up. His specials always feel more like rock concerts or something than they do comedy specials. The crowd seems like they are there to cheer more than they are to laugh at what he says. It's a shame because he is so funny yet most of the material he uses for his specials barely have punchlines.

12. Scott

Reputations:
    I guess I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed it. The best part in my opinion is watching him make faces. Very George Carlin-esque. A funny face and good delivery can enhance a joke the way the radio can't.

13. willx

willx New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Show me one bit of Jimmy's that comes remotely close to this. There's more real humor in this 2 1/2 minutes than Jimmy's entire special. Close your eyes, no facial expressions needed for real comedy. :grad:

[video=youtube;vI2IDkHMlYg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI2IDkHMlYg[/video]

14. telecaster

Reputations:
    It was kind of sad that he had his special on EpixHD (I'd never heard of it)....and it wasn't sensational, lets put it that way...my chick heard me listening to part of it and she was grossed out (imagine that, Jimmy hates chicks)...his last special was better, but I don't think I'd pay good money to see Jimmy unless I was really bored.

15. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    very entertaining
    but not very funny