Joan Rivers had heart condition that scared her

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by rory, Sep 6, 2014.

1. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    As the investigation into the death of Joan Rivers continues, a video clip recently surfaced and revealed the late comedian had a heart condition.

The 81-year-old suffered a heart attack and stopped breathing on August 28th during a routine outpatient procedure at a New York clinic.

She died a week later and a state medical examiner completed an autopsy but was not able to determine the cause of death.

In 1985, Rivers appeared on Good Morning America, where she was asked about her heart arrhythmia, a condition in which the heart unexpectedly beats out of sync...something Rivers says scared the hell out of her.

"All of a sudden you'll be on stage and hear 'tha-thud!...It scares the hell out of me."

Rivers of course included a joke about the serious matter, as the comedy legend does.

At the time of her death Joan Rivers was hosting Fashion Police on E! and a podcast called In Bed With Joan, starring in the WE Tv reality show Joan&Melissa: Joan Knows Best, doing press for her latest book Diary of a Mad Diva and of course, still selling out stand up comedy shows.

Rivers will be laid to rest on Sunday in a private ceremony.

Joan Rivers throughout the years:http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2&pLid=525798

Trophy Knife and smichal like this.
  2. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hey Rory...just welcoming you as kind of new member!

smichal likes this.
  3. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Your so welcominging lol

4. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for the kindness, sorry this post sucked

5. GoshGeeGolly

GoshGeeGolly VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    So you're saying that Joan was so afraid of the heart condition it gave her a heart attack from being scared?

Shortwave98 likes this.
  6. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have a heart arrhythmia...also known as atrial fibrillation or AFib. It is scary shit when you're first diagnosed but once you get on the proper medications and have a cardio version or an ablation, you are pretty much good to go. You still have to monitor your heart rate when you exercise but otherwise you can live a normal life. I would hope that Joan had been treated for her AFib...wonder if the doctor giving her the endoscopy knew about it.

EndOfLine likes this.
  7. sfgirl

sfgirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He had to have I would think. Thought same Dr did procedure before.

8. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    I had AVNRT - ablation took care of it. There's nothing like having a fistful of catheters stuck up each side of your groin and threaded all the way up to your heart without any sedation whatsoever. :bug:

9. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yikes! I had two cardio versions...First one didn't take but the second one worked. You didn't even get propofol before your procedure? That stuff knocked me out immediately...no wonder Michael Jackson loved the stuff.

10. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    No, if they sedate you it lowers the chance of the arrhythmia/loop occurring. I think the anxiety of the procedure helps induce it as well. Only took them about 10 minutes to induce it and my heart was going about 220bpm, they map that shit - shock your heart a bit to stop the loop, then burn a line in your heart to cut the circuit. Science is a crazy thing.

I agree about propofol - i had a taste before my knee surgery a few years ago and at the moment i didn't care whether i lived or died. That's some strong shit right there.

kicksave7 likes this.
  11. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Joan said she was so ugly that when she got married they tru ALPO at her.