Entertainment Joe Resumes the Vampires Tour, Depp breathes a sigh of Relief..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Eclipse754, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Eclipse754

Eclipse754 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Eclipse754

Reputations:
    I saw them on the show after Joe left the tour. If you can strum a chord and make all the strings play, you are a better guitarist than Johnny Depp.

3. Eclipse754

Reputations:
    I have never been at concert and shook my head at the number of times I heard an out of tune guitar or a completely flubbed solo than the Vampires in Kettering, OH. But God bless him, I guess Depp tried to carry on. He even had the audacity to do the Squak Box wah of "Sweet Emotion" in Joe Perry's absence.

4. PropRmodulation

PropRmodulation Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I understand your point of view.

But, isn't/wasn't playing rock and roll about having fun with friends? Depp is a rich movie star having fun and living his dream. How much were tickets?

5. PropRmodulation

Reputations:
    I like your avatar. I can't not watch that movie when its on. I am not even sure I like the movie.

Eclipse754 likes this.
  6. Eclipse754

Reputations:
    I think I might agree as Depp probably bankrolled the tour as his personal fantasy camp adventure for the summer. But as a hack guitarist myself, I know Alice and the rest of the "real" players on that tour had to be cringing at the horrible sounds coming out of those beautiful amps he was playing. I had a free ticket, I must admit, and am huge Joe Perry/Aerosmith fan. I would have been fine with them just omitting the Aerosmith songs and going on without. I think they all just took the easy way out and let Johnny blunder his way through the set. Shame was that they were doing a show with Cheap Trick the next night. We were hoping that Rick Neilsen would come in and carry them through in Joe's absence, or even bringing in Ryan Roxie or Nita Strauss. I never imagined they would perform Aerosmith music without Joe.

TheWonk likes this.
  7. PropRmodulation

Reputations:

Here he is with one of my favorite bands. I was going to The Black Keys shows when they were really just a two piece band.

8. Eclipse754

Reputations:
    I am a huge Bill Murray fan. The movie is just awesome, if for no other reason that Scarlett Johansson is amazing in it.

PropRmodulation likes this.
  9. Box of Rox

Box of Rox Turgid member VIP

Reputations:
    I agree with the OP..just seeing Depp up there just ruins the whole experience for me..too much posing

PropRmodulation likes this.
  10. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think I know what you mean.

[​IMG]

11. Eclipse754

Reputations:
    What I do like about the Vampires is that Alice Cooper actually gets to be a front man for a band where he actually just sings great songs, which he has always done. He doesn't have to push a baby carriage with a "dead baby", or prance around with mannequins or do those crazy set beheading or electrocution acts. At his advanced age, he simply commands a stage and sings. And he is, and has always been a great front man and lead singer of a hard rock band.

TheWonk likes this.