Shop Now At Amazon

John Heins Charity

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ricdiculus, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Ricdiculus

Ricdiculus New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    John mention that he and Steve Brandano are trying/going to start a Diabetes Charity

Steve has had Type 1 Diabetes all his live and relies on an Insulin Pump to live a almost normal life.

John Hein was Type 2 just like me ,which if you Eat Right , Exercise,you can easily manage it I didn't nor did John .

I was diagnosed in 2003 as Type 2 . I didn't eat right or exercise and soon was diagnosed with Type1 Diabetes and was told i had to shoot insulin into my stomach before every meal. just like John was told
    I weighed 265lbs at the time after 1 year of that routine I had heard John on the show bragging about his NEW Insulin Pump. I thought it was the way to go

I asked my doctor if i could get the Insulin Pump.He told me sure i could !

But only after i had lost 40lbs .so i stopped eating junk food ie: WENDYS ,MC Ds and all the other crap mini candy bars "although i do treat myself to one once or twice a month" i started walking ,climbing stairs and stopped eating after 7:00pm
    after losing the 40 lbs. it took me 1 yr

my doctor took me off Insulin and told me that is why he didnt just give in and give me an Insulin Pump .

I have great energy and have gone down to 225lb and am so thankful my doctor tricked me out of getting a Insulin Pump.

John started out just like me ,Type 2 and he gained weight .and started shooting Insulin before every meal ,John Hein's doctor gave in. John now has a Insulin Pump because he was to lazy to eat right and exercise and has gained even more weight. which even with an Insulin Pump you can still lose toes and go blind.

Now the lazy fuck Hein wants to start a Charity for Diabetics LOL
    It must be his Plan for Income when Howard retires or gets kicked off the air by Liberty.

ZOO za ZOO Howard Sterns Wig

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. Dlist

Dlist Avatar by Pontius Pilot. VIP

Reputations:
    lose weight you assholes.. then there would be no need for a charity.

4. Former Glory

Former Glory New Member

Reputations:
    BTW...His name is Jon...not John...incidental, but thought I'd let ya know...

But the main issue is...How do you think he's going to make money by promoting a charity? 501 (c) (3) charities are governed by a board of directors who determine the salary of their respective CEO's. I don't think anything Jon starts will become as big as some of the major charities that you hear about in the news.

Most charities (or non-profits) are just that...non-profitable...yes, they have a staff that gets paid (not too well BTW), but most of them are run on a shoestring budget.

No one is going to get rich from starting a diabetes charity...there are already many out there. I applaud his attempt to bring awareness to something not entertainment related.

5. BIGtony

BIGtony New Member

Reputations:
    Jon Hein is Type 1. You're still fat, though.

6. zhukov

zhukov His brain is gone, Jim VIP

Reputations:
    There are already Diabetes charities (American Diabetes Association, to name one.) No need for another one.

7. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    "Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed in children and young adults, and was previously known as juvenile diabetes. In type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar (glucose), starches and other food into energy needed for daily life.
    In type 2 diabetes, either the body does not produce enough insulin or the cells ignore the insulin. Insulin is necessary for the body to be able to use glucose for energy. When you eat food, the body breaks down all of the sugars and starches into glucose, which is the basic fuel for the cells in the body. Insulin takes the sugar from the blood into the cells. When glucose builds up in the blood instead of going into cells, it can lead to diabetes complications."

You don't go from Type 1 to type 2...you either have one or the other.

8. WholeAssholeOut

WholeAssholeOut New Member

Reputations:
    goo for you

9. Gusbuss

Gusbuss Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This is great the host of the fast food show is going to start another diabetes foundation. There are enough now. Somehow I think he is making money from it.

10. Ricdiculus

Reputations:
    NSAL pays the CEO of that Charity takes home a $300.000 salary a year

11. Ricdiculus

Reputations:
    You don't go from Type 1 to type 2...you either have one or the other.

OH really Doctor ,explain to me why I dont need insulin any more then .

12. Former Glory

Former Glory New Member

Reputations:
    edited...for some reason it was posted twice.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. Former Glory

Former Glory New Member

Reputations:
    OK smartguy...This is a subject I know all too well...You want to talk about ALL 501 (c) (3)'s??? There may be a few that you can bring up with CEO's making a decent living at...but there's a TON of organizations that have people at their helm that make squat....and the people that work for them, make less than squat. Talk to me personally, and I'll be happy to show you a boatload of people doing nothing but trying to make their respective communities better and getting paid little to nothing to do it.

:facepalm:

14. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Shot Dead

Reputations:

Because you have Type 2, didn't treat it properly, and needed insulin because you were a lazy fatass.

When you decided to take care of yourself, you no longer needed insulin because you were controlling it with diet and exercise. You still had Type 2. Read what I posted and you'll get it. Or don't and be stupid.

15. Ricdiculus

Reputations:

Exactly!!! I just like Jon Hein he started out as Type 2 , and like me didnt exercise or eat right. and Miss Bundy he decided not to eat right or exercise.
    listen to the show. When they had the Fridays show he discusses his Diabetes

thanks for eloquently clearing this matter up

16. Ricdiculus

Reputations:
    Wow i didnt mean all Charity's , just some that are associated with the Stern show seem shady.
    Or have you ever seen what the Komen people earn for Breast Cancer ,
    since you seem knowledgeable could you please tell me what Branon Murphy and others made off the 15 Foundation i always wondered about that one.

17. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope that fat fuck Jon Hein loses a foot from diabetes. Stupid fuck, what part of "eat right" includes triple cheeseburgers and bacon on everything?

18. Bob Mitchum

Bob Mitchum New Member

Reputations:
    I don't trust anything Jon Hein says.

19. username

username Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Its much harder to loose weight with type 2 diabetes. The body burns much less calories. Thats why most type 2 (all) are a bit heavy even if they eat much better then non diabetics.

They should just Zoo Za Zoo the weight!

20. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep VIP

Reputations:
    Someone like Hein (who blatantly does nothing to help his own condition, other than the necessary insulin) should not even be allowed to head up a charity for it. Will he/it promote not caring, no discipline, being way too heavy and nerdy, and putting future and family aside for fast food?

21. LobsterTails

LobsterTails Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    How did you get around before this new fitness regimen?