John Mayer is an ego addict......

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And has a very punchable face

John Mayer talks about his ego addiction and recovery
    BY Elizabeth Vanmetre
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Friday, March 6, 2015, 8:37 PM
    Updated: Saturday, March 7, 2015, 12:42 AM

[​IMG] Jason Merritt/Getty Images
    Musician John Mayer attending The 57th Annual Grammy Awards Feb. 8.
    It’s John Mayer in a way he has never seen him before — humble.

The performer opened up during an interview with Ronan Farrow on the “Today Show” aired Friday about recovering from being an ego addict, and how he’s not a womanizer.

The singer, who is known for dating the top women in Hollywood including Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston, and Jessica Simpson, admits that he got hung up on stardom and finally found himself again.
    View Gallery Celebrity love triangles
    "I went, all right, dude, you did a couple interviews where you were out of touch and you were being a ham — and you were basically break dancing into a nitroglycerin plant, right?” the “Wonderland” singer explained.

Although headlines say otherwise, the star responded surprisingly when asked if he considers himself a womanizer.

"No, absolutely not," Mayer told Farrow. "You're crafty and you're clever and you go, well, I'm just going to be as strange as they think I am. And then you lose, number one you're not playing music anymore. Number two, you're not feeling anything honestly. Number three, you're not saying anything honestly."

[​IMG] Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
    Actress Jennifer Aniston and musician John Mayer arrive at the 2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
    The performer admits that he is definitely a “recovered ego addict,” so much so he has had to get away from the superstar lifestyle just to make sure he doesn’t relapse.

"The only way that I can be sure that I don't relapse is to admit that I constantly have this ego addiction — every day," Mayer explains. "So, I do the Grammys and I go home 'cause if I stayed, I'd get high again… You've already looked through Twitter, everybody goes, it's great, and then you're low again because you can't stop looking.”

“So, I'm a recovered ego addict," he adds.

teehee likes this.
  2. kingship

kingship Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What is this p.c., feminized bullshit!? The dude was simply scoring pussy. Every (straight) red-blooded man has done, or tried to do, the same. A "recovering ego addict!" Fuck me. It's called being a single, unattached pussy hound, i.e., MAN! The chicks he was banging were doing the same fucking thing. They knew what Mayer was. What's next? Is he going to go after a degree in " Women's Studies?" Ponderous, man. Fucking ponderous. And fuck Ronan Farrow too. Left-wing, testosterone-hating pussies.

NyMarkNy and teehee like this.
  3. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    "relapse" into ego addiction..o_O

4. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Correction-Anal Addict.

5. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:

John Mayer is cockstrong. His music caters to women. He's protecting his brand so he can deliver maximum ROI and profit margins for the long term. What's more red, manly, working, earning, capitalistic than that?

kingship likes this.
  6. jimbronie

jimbronie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lego my eggo!

7. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    What an asshole. Dude, just play your gay music and bang all the hot chicks you can. WGAS?

kingship likes this.
  8. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    If I were a rock star, I would bang or attempt to bang every hot woman on the planet.

It's because I'm a man, not an egomaniac.

kingship likes this.
  9. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    Just once I want to hear one these assholes say, "I'm a rich, famous, single man. Of course I'm going to sleep with a lot of women!"

kingship likes this.
  10. Matwiow

Matwiow Active Member

Reputations:
    You know, not every trend in America can be reduced to 'It's the libruls fault'. You can be a pussy hound without being a complete asshole to women or to other guys. See George Clooney. He was (and is?) just a cocky asshole.

11. Thikken Vaney

Thikken Vaney What's everyone looking at?

Reputations:
    But if it wasn't for that standby tagline they would have nothing else.

You know... like an alternative to the ACA ('Obama Care') or immigration issue, etc...

It's much easier to stand back and toss rocks then to come up with a viable plan. Business as usual.