Stern Show Jon Hein admits why the shitty Wrap Up Show was made shittier

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Phantom Lord, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I caught a few minutes of the Wrap Up Show today and a caller got through that I'm sure Jon Hein wasn't too happy about. The caller brought up a good point. He said when they air Sternthollgy on 101 they use a lot of clips from the Wrap Up Show from years ago. He said when they would have staff members on Wrap Up they would get into interesting discussions, disagreements, and even fights.

The caller said last week Howard spent 30+ minutes talking about Benji being late. In the past they would have had Benji on the Wrap Up Show and discuss it. The caller then asked if they have thought about going back to the old format.

Jon Hein's answer, as you can imagine, was NO. He said Howard wants all of the staff interactions and fights on his show. He wants that show to simply Wrap Up his and thats it. He doesn't want that show to create its own content with staff members.

First, this shows you why Stern is insecure and had shows like Back Office Radio cancelled. Even though the audience would like it, he prefers to punish them with shit like Bobo calls and Jeff's lump. Second, they only Wrap up 3 days worth of shows. Why couldn't they have other staff members in there on Thursday and Friday or days like today when they are on vacation for a week?

After this call Jon took a kiss ass call and praised Howard's interviewing skills for the millionth time.

2. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The old wrap up show was better than the show sometimes. Howard didn't like that. It can't be fun or funny.

3. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    Only I shine...no one else!

[​IMG]

4. Rod-Stroker

Rod-Stroker Streptococcus Gingivitis Halllllllllllllitosis

Reputations:
    Interesting thoughts on an uninteresting story.

Ganggreen87, funkface, Cunt and 4 others like this.
  5. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard needs to be the Queen at all times.

6. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    theyre still milking that bit? o_O

i thought it was funny when it was already played out five years ago, as a bit of a layfan.. but even i have my standards :no:

7. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't you realize that the millions of new HSS fans, courtesy of AGT, missed out on the Benji's late again bit when they did it the first time. It was only fair that they redo it for the new fans to enjoy.

8. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Great catch! Thanks for posting.

I love when these guys squirm.

Maybe if Howard was still 5 days/week he could justify cutting some content, but to cut EVERYTHING and go to 3 days, that's unconscionable -- there's nothing left. His poor employees are trying to base their entire career around 12 hours of content per week. That's tough, especially in guest heavy weeks where you lose 50% of that content to 2 hr interviews.

Howard exposes his stupidity and lack of business acumen because the old WAS gave him tons of great content that he could cherry-pick which benefited HIS SHOW. Gutting the WAS meant gutting his own show. Dummy.

9. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Duplicate

10. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm starting to get the feeling that THSS would really be great, if they could only get rid of Howard...

11. njguy8

njguy8 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Stern is like that spoiled 5 year old brat that doesn't share his toys with anyone.

Just one more reason to dislike the fucknut.

12. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard wants to beat segments like this to death on his show because it doesn't take any outside work to rehash this segment over and over again. By spilling over into the Wrap Up Show, it means there is less for the actual show.

13. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thank you for this.

You now know why I discontinued Sirius after the end of the first contract. Howchie got a lot of marbles for these last 6 or 7 years; but the selfish fuck didn't get any of mine.

icypussy and sumiyoshi like this.
  14. njguy8

njguy8 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    BTW, think about all the classic bits that never would have existed if not for the Wrap Show of old.

The best example I can think of, Howard vs Artie - the Bro fight.

That bit started on the Wrap-Up show.

Howard just doesn't care about entertaining a fucking soul. He just makes everything about himself.

15. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    same argument Reznor used to make when people bitched about him playing the 'hits' over and over and over tour after tour.. It was pretty annoying but I never had a problem with HLAH, since that's one of Double L's entrance themes :grad:

16. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    This. How much content did the main show get because of the wrap up show? We certainly wouldn't have gotten Sals apology to blacks because HR demanded it. That's shit was funny

17. Getoninja

Getoninja Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Before the new format, the WUS has given the show lots of iconic and historical show moments from the Artie fights, Jason vs who ever, to News moments, Fred popping in, Robin popping in, Howard calling in, to even random guests dropping by, like when Nick Cannon had beef with Stern.
    (Not to mentioned some WUS to be seen on Howard TV)
    And then, that would bleed into the show for extra great content and vice versa.

Imagine if the new WUS format was that from the start of the signing... we would had never had any of those moments from the wrapup show and also be included to the main show.

And the interaction, arguments, fights, with the staff is a piece of what made the Howard Stern show great and adding that to the WUS was also great.
    So, I honestly don't understand why the drastic change, if the original format was working so well why even change it.

joyceface, DoucheBro, Tracy and 4 others like this.
  18. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This winter they will be having an argument with Ronnie about the petcock in the limo. Good stuff

19. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's easy enough to understand. Howard obviously thought Sirius bitch slapped him enough with his previous contract that he sued them. And when his lawsuit was laughed out of court and he looked like a venal douche to everyone he decided to just live up to the letter of the contract and took away everything on his channels that he wasn't legally obligated to provide.

And now that the cat was out of the bag with his contract in the public domain and that he was Sirius' bitch (AGT was going to be his savior) he had one last avenue in which he can play the King of All Media and that was with his loser staff who wanted nothing but air time. And all powerful Howard took it away from them.

20. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if the Sirius contract requires Howard to produce a Wrap Up Show or a minimum number of hours of original content which the Wrap Up Show counts against. Otherwise, why not just drop it at this point?

Rabid Dogman, Rhiannon, Tracy and 2 others like this.