Jon Hein = Master Spinmaster

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rob0729, May 27, 2012.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I gotta tell you that if I ever take over a judge gig on a reality TV show and the initial ratings are mediocre, I want Jon Hein doing the spin for me. I just heard the segment he talks about the ratings and he does a great job spinning some bulllshit.

Hein's spin on why AGT premiered two weeks early: "I think NBC saw how strong the audition tapings were and decided to push up the premiere into sweeps"

Fact: It was the Olympics and only the Olympics that pushed up the premiere. AGT will go on hiatus for two weeks during the Olympics and NBC had three choices - premiere two weeks early, go two weeks into the 2012-2013 season and compete against fall premieres, or take two weeks (4 shows) out of the schedule all together. They already tried pushing two weeks into the fall in 2008 and the ratings suffered (in fact, they were as good or better than what they have gotten so far). There is no way they are going to cancel four shows because AGT is a money maker on a network with few money makers. The only option they really had was to move up the premiere.

Hein's spin on why they air a repeat of Monday's show on Tuesday at 8PM "The shows have been so strong ratings wise that they decided that the repeat would perform well vs. Idol"

Fact: NBC has always run a repeat of AGT's Monday's episode on Tuesday from 8-9 PM. It has nothing to do with Howard or the current ratings at all.

Hein's spin on how AGT has affected the competitors: "DWTS had the lowest ratings ever in the key demo for a finale."

Fact: AGT probably took some of the audience of DWTS, but the ratings drop probably had more to do with the final battle was between Donald Driver and Katherine Jenkins. People wouldn't know who Driver was unless they were more than casual NFL viewers which clearly isn't a lot of DWTS' audience. And does anyone even know who Jenkins is? Just so you don't have to look it up, she is a classical/opera singer who has had some cross over success on the pop charts IN GREAT BRITAIN. The biggest star for this season was Urkel and the season has been so bad that even Howard said he stopped watching.

Jon Hein is really earning his paycheck now. After Howard leaves the radio, Jon could really find a career in Washington. Even some of these beltway insiders can't spin as well as Jon Hein does.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  3. Cawn

Cawn Active Member

Reputations:

I'm definitely repping you. Nice job.

F Jon Hein.

4. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    you are quite the expert. you in the industry?
    but are you sure people watch the whole season contest and then tune out of the finale?
    seems odd. i always watch finale even if the people i liked got voted off/fired

5. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    Nice read. Reps!!!! Jews look out for one another. Fact.

6. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You are truly a bigger wet nerd for your knowledge of ratings!

Peace and love!

7. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Further proof that Howard saw the end of his career coming once the Internet caught on... He can no longer spin his way out of his fantasy world.

8. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Good analysis - what's left of Howard's audience will probably take Hein's word as the gospel. Hein also did a good job of convincing people he is an expert on entertainment (along with sports, technology and fast food) when all he'd done is create a stupid website.

9. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    All zuckerberg did was create a stupid website :) just sayin.

10. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Reps!

Nicely done

11. chapped

Reputations:

Really dude....and just when I was beginning to think you weren't Mutt anymore...you go saying shit like that

But FYI the Australian rules cock sucking championship finally is on tonight

12. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    really dude..... that means you used to think i was. and i used to think you were really smart/cool. your sheep logic is baffling and disapointing.
    because i think it's odd someone would watch every episode of a show, except the last one?
    i didnt say it wasnt true. i just said those people who do that are odd, because i do watch the finales if i already watched the whole season.
    don't you?

i dont listen to the radio show at all because i dont want to hear about that dumb tv show, and i wont support his dumb tv show by watching it for even 1 second. wouldnt that make you and most peoiple here, more of a fan than i am?

13. chapped

Reputations:

I generally don't watch anything on tv that I have to commit o an entire season to...
    So basically it's family guy, daily show and sports ...I refuse to watch AGT for fear my cock might fall off

Much less anything that includes getting voted off on....regardless of the show...shit aren't most of those shows
    like the nba anyway?...u can tune into the last five minutes of it and you will find you didn't miss shit..

So you are saying that even if a show sucks you feel committed to watching the finally?

But That's just my sheep brains thought process I guess

14. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    i refuse to watch it too.
    so you don't watch the superbowl, after watching every week of the season, if teams you wanted arent playing in it?
    that would be the analogy.(tho not a direct one). i like celebrity apprentice, and watched the finale even tho the people i liked most were gone. watching a contest for 4-6 months, and then not watching the last hour seems odd. (even if its not odd, i dont grasp how that leads to me running some lame message board)

no. i'm saying if i(they) watched the whole season, that would mean i(they) 'don't' think the show sucks, so why wouldn't i(they) watch the finale too?

no. your sheepism is ever thinking i was him, based on nothing so whatsoever but 1 retard spreading a rumor because he was mad for something completely unrelated to the show or the boards

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  15. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    I used to think Hein was honest and I even believed him about the 80 BJs, but it seems he's just so comfortable lying out his ass that he almost seems lik he's not lying. He apparently has some major sexual hangups and never made the psychological transition that 99.9% of normal males do sometime in between the ages of 12 and 25 where you realize that jerkin' off is normal and nothing you need to deny to the grave like a fuckin' retard. According to him, he never jerks off and only did "rarely" even in high school. Booey once asked him if he'd ever jerked off since he moved into his current home and he answered "I'm not sure." GTFOHWTBS. If you almost never ever jerk off, you'd be very sure whether you did or not since you got a new home or since you got married or whatever. Going back to his own previous accounts of college, he supposedly didn't fuck any broads because he wanted to save that for marriage so he just got blow jobs. GTFOHWTBS. The dude either jerks off like crazy and is tremendously ashamed of it...or he hardly ever jerks off because he has a huge hangup about it and lives his adult life like a 12 year-old who wants to jerk off constantly but is afraid he's going to Hell for it or whatever. He's either a total bullshit artist or he has major sexual issues...maybe both. Only other possibility is he thinks he shouldn't discuss it on the air because of his daughters, but if that were the case, a normal person would just fuckin' say that shit anytime the topic came up. He might have also sold his wife on the no fuck thing throughout college when they were dating and has no choice now but to stick to that story until death.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  16. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There's something seriously creepy and disturbing about that guy. Anyone who keeps a list of reasons he doesn't like Burger King on display in his office is more than a little odd, especially since most of the reasons have nothing to do with the food. My favorite is that they don't market their onion rings properly - WTF?

17. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    youre just jealous of wiggy...

18. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:

Cut him some slack...he has type I diabetes....More than likely, in the next twenty years, he will need his limbs chopped off one by one just to save the rest of him...

[​IMG]

19. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's so obvious that his boss and the show have "jumped", I wonder if once the show is over and Hein is relagated to the backwaters of the entertainment industry, he will be candid about being part of the downfall of one of the greatest radio shows in history? My gut tells me he's such an asshole that he won't see it.

20. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

:lmao: