Jonah Hill Makes A Bold Claim / Who Do You Should Take Over For Wigard?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by srricks, Jul 15, 2013.

1. srricks

srricks Active Member

Reputations:

• [COLOR=#545454 !important]0[/COLOR]​

#ELITE
    [h=3]Jonah Hill Says Marc Maron Is ‘Sorta’ The Next Howard Stern. Is He Right?[/h]by Lance Pauker on July 15, 2013 at 3:00pm - 0 comments

BroNot Bro
    Bro
    Not Bro

[​IMG]
    Marc Maron's WTF Podcast--the vehicle that completely revitalized the comedian's career and arguably helped him spawn a book and an IFC show--has become one of the most listened to podcasts in the nation. Maron is known for bringing on excellent guests week after week, using a potent mix of comedy know-how, general curiousity for what makes people tick, and a built-in polemical nature to bring out thought-provoking creative tension for each and every interview. Last week Maron had actor Jonah Hill on, who dubbed Maron one of the all time greats, essentially saying that if/when Stern hangs up the cleats, he thinks Maron will be "the guy."
    Bold flavored statements. Do we agree?

[H/T: WTFpod.com]

Tags: howard stern , jonah hill , marc maron

2. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jonah is the next jabba the hut in jj abraham's star wars.

3. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jonah needs to know his role and shut the fuck up. Ofcourse he says Maron all those jews stick together. Marc Maron's Gallagher is pretty funny though. Jews why are they so funny?
    [video=youtube;XsN70L2EX2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsN70L2EX2I[/video]

4. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like that dude in movies, but he seems like a kind of a punk kid.
    [​IMG]

why is he invited to Leo's yacht party, if he was a poor slob like me those chicks would laugh in his face.

5. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    I use to think Maron was bad ass until I saw his new show. What an insecure fucking pussy he is.

6. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah he seems a bit annoying no wonder Gallagher walked out off his lame podcast. He's probably big with the leftwingers.

7. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    because movies. being in one is basically catnip to young golddiggers and modoes

8. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  9. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    No one compares to 1994 Howard Stern aside from true legends like George Carlin, Bill Hicks, and Anthony Cumia of O&A. Mark Maron? He's not even as good as the watered down loser hack version of Stern that works three days a week right now. Maron is a hack. Truly awful. His podcast is barely interesting with a great guest. With a mediocre guest it's an abortion put to .mp3 to be as nice as possible.

If you want quality radio/podcast that rivals old school Stern then listen to O&A right now.

10. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    I always found the idea of someone being "the next" Howard Stern somewhat ridiculous. No matter who was brought up, Bubba, at the peak of his satellite days, Jason Ellis, anyone else on Sirius, XM, or various people on AM/FM radio, live internet shows, podcasts, etc. Especially when the first two would talk or have other people talk about them inheriting Stern's audience. I always said that you can't get Stern fans to agree on any personality outside of Stern and many listeners don't even like Stern himself, so why would anyone expect a "replacement" to appease even a decent amount of the audience? And that was back when a good portion of the people that eventually turned on the show had yet to do so.

No one is going to do what Stern did again or amass an audience like he did at his peak doing the kind of programming he revolutionized. Despite what we may think of his show now, he was truly a pioneer, and a large number of people back then went along with the ride. That kind of audio entertainment has lost some of its appeal and now everyone can put out programming thanks to the internet. Making uncensored content more readily available. Radio for the most part plays it safe, with a few anomalies like the Bone in Tampa. Speaking of which, there's several talents on there I think could be much larger than they currently are, Drew Garabo, Spice, and the Billy Madison Show, a program Cox is clearly grooming to take over as their franchise morning show in that genre (even then, they're only currently on three stations). Do I think that any of them could be the "next Howard Stern?" No. I think the "next Howard Stern," if there's anyone that could claim such a thing, could only reach that level by doing something completely different and new. A few broadcasters do their own thing online, Bubba, Phil Hendrie, Tom Leykis, to varying degrees of financial success. Kevin Smith has Smodcast and it doesn't have to make a cent because he's already rich. There's plenty of internet broadcasters, but it'll be a while before any of them can have the same financial success and name value Howard has.

11. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wife 20 years his junior? Check.
    House full of cats? Check.
    Has a popular show many people love and just as many people revile? Check.
    Has a comfortable life and thousands of fans, yet still hates himself? Check.

He is the next Howard!

12. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He's an active listener, and it's fucking annoying. Tom Papa is another one who can't shut up for 5 seconds on his podcast. "Yeah... right, right...uh huh...sure." Just let the guest talk, faggots.

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i never thought id find myself saying this

but gallagher was right. maron was a TOTAL prick to him. he started out giving some really interesting stories about the comedy store in the 70s and early 80s and how letterman, leno, and others started out. Then out of nowhere maron starts attacking him about his act. Now here is a guy, love him or hate him, who was the top grossing comic of the 80s and early 90s. He had it all and lost it all. THAT is an interesting story. Instead Maron just started accusing him of being a racist/sexist. I get that Maron is one of the first wave of alt. comics but geeez he took out all his anger on gallagher who doesnt do a particularly racist or sexist act but gave other 80s nightclub guys like Slayton and Dice a complete pass on that kind of material (which is their entire act!).

Not to mention he was attacking a dude who is old and in bad health and clearly not quite all there anymore.

A better gallagher argument is Patrice Vs Gallagher where PAtrice is 100% correct in what hes saying but the melon man refuses to listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Mov_Fgcz4

great radio and shows the true genius of o'neal

14. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:

completely right , the thing to remember is also howard came along at a time and place that facilitated his rise to fame. the federal regulatory changes allowed CC and other big companies to come into a market and buy up a lot of stations they wanted to save money by syndicating a single show out to all their properties. The audience was not nearly as fragmented as it is now with the internet. There were a lot of other guys who were similar (some predate howard) who would have been just as big had they took a different career path.

15. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Wasn't this Maron tard on Air America Radio? Enough said.

16. srricks

srricks Active Member

Reputations:
    If I was a radio/podcast guy I wouldn't want to be 'The Next Howard Stern', I'd want to be the next me. It's best to blaze your own trail and make your own name and not be compared to others...

17. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    TV show is okay but podcasts are kind of boring.

18. ScottBaiosPenis

Reputations:
    O&A right now doesnt even rival old O&A sadly. much like howard they are 2 guys who are burned out, going through the motions collecting a paycheck. they put in longer weeks and longer years than howard cause they have to, they draw smaller paychecks but nevertheless neither has their heart in it anymore. a few months back they did a show where they went though a bunch of old photos from their FM days and just hearing them discuss the bits was funnier than their actual show has been in a long time. I think its a natural thing to do when you're getting older and suddenly all of the ratings pressure is gone, you can sort of coast and then it becomes a habit and eventually you wake up and you realize you're bored of the show, bored of your co-host but you're old and dont have anything else to do that pays this well.

a lot of the 90s bits from howard do NOT age well, some are even cringe worthy, especially a lot of early wack pack stuff with fred the elephant boy.

if you go back and listen to a week of shows you realize how much howard relied on repeating things (because people tuned in and out during the mammoth ad blocks) and so on. but pound for pound day after day no one's show was as consistantly funny than he was during that era.

19. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Maron is fucking terrible. Seriously.

20. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:

wtf :crazyup: