Joni Mitchell, checking out???????

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Joni Mitchell is in a coma and unresponsive: report
    BY Elizabeth Vanmetre
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 6:32 PM
    [​IMG]
    Joni Mitchell is reportedly in a coma after being found unconscious in her L.A. home in March.
    Both sides now.

Joni Mitchell was reportedly “unconscious and unable to make any responses,” according to documents obtained by TMZ.

The “Big Yellow Taxi” singer’s close friend, Leslie Morris, filed for conservatorship over the artist, the site first reported, after she was found unconscious at her home on March 31.

The document says the performer has no close family, which is why Morris is trying to take on the role.

Following the report's release, however, the so-called official website for Mitchell claimed the songstress is "alert and she has her full senses."

“A full recovery is expected,” according to the website, which has no affiliation with Mitchell, her management or her record company. “The document obtained by a certain media outlet simply gives her longtime friend Leslie Morris the authority - in the absence of 24-hour doctor care - to make care decisions for Joni once she leaves the hospital.”

The statement also says Mitchell is still in the hospital but is “a strong-willed woman and is nowhere near giving up the fight.”

The singer was hospitalized earlier this spring after being rushed from her Los Angeles home — but reportedly became responsive again on the way.

Although the reasons behind Mitchell’s medical emergency are still unclear, the Grammy Award-winning singer has had a list of medical problems, including a rare disease in which she experiences a crawling and biting sensation on her skin.

The Canadian performer is set to be presented with the SFJAZZ Lifetime Achievement Award on May 8, for her influence on musicians over the years.

2. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Dig a hole.

Rescued Owl and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  3. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    R.I.P. funny lady.:bounce:

4. baci

baci Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Family denies report.......http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/28/joni-mitchell-reportedly-unresponsive-in-a-coma

Contrary to a TMZ report, Joni Mitchell is not in a coma, according to the singer’s official website.

“Contrary to rumors circulating on the Internet today, Joni is not in a coma,” the statement said. “Joni is still in the hospital — but she comprehends, she’s alert, and she has her full senses. A full recovery is expected.”

Earlier in the day, Mitchell’s close friend Leslie Morris filed a petition to obtain conservatorship over the Grammy-winning artist.

But Mitchell’s website called the legal docs simply a formality “in the absence of 24-hour doctor care — to make care decisions for Joni once she leaves the hospital.”

The site added: “As we all know, Joni is a strong-willed woman and is nowhere near giving up the fight. Please continue to keep Joni in your thoughts. You may add your well wishes for her at the website.”

Her official diagnosis has still not been revealed. The 71-year-old was rushed to the hospital late last month after collapsing in her L.A. home.

Mitchell’s rep did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Mitchell has smoked throughout her life, previously saying, “Six decades of smoking have robbed me of my voice.” She has also said that she suffers from Morgellons Disease, a medical mystery that includes lesions and irritable fibers underneath the skin.

The musician is known for such hits as “Both Sides Now,” “The Circle Game,” “Free Man in Paris” and “Help Me.” Her songs “Big Yellow Taxi” and “River” have been covered by many artists throughout the years.

Her last album of original music, “Shine,” was released in 2007.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  5. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Never woke up!! It was a Chelsea Mourning

AmishGirl, Shithead and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  6. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her live album with Tom Scott and the Freeway Express was awesome, she doesn't deserve this bullshit, the disease or the conflicting stories.

7. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :freebird:

Shortwave98, OV and teehee like this.
  8. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:

Pooh bear and Shortwave98 like this.
  9. popinjay

popinjay Member VIP

Reputations:
    LA Express......

HypocriteHowie likes this.
  10. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The CSN & Y song from 1970 "Our House" was allegedly inspired by Graham Nash's experience with living with Joni Mitchell in the late '60s. The legend is that one weekend, they stopped at a little shop and Joni saw a flower vase that she really liked and thought would be perfect for the home they shared. They bought the vase and when they got home, it was a little chilly. Nash allegedly said "I'll light a fire, and you put some flowers in the vase." He was immediately struck at how domesticated he had become and was inspired to write "Our House", in which the first line is "I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today."

11. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No regrets, coyote...

happy francis and WUT7272G7C like this.
  12. Metalheavy19

Metalheavy19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her disease is basically a mental illness. She's been pretty bat shit insane the last few years. I figure this conservatorship grab is saying she's in comma when she's not so they can throw her in the loony bin when she's out of the hospital.

Bye You! likes this.
  13. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Her paradise has been paved and they're putting in the parking lot now.

14. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Morgellons Disease sounds like something a sorceress created during time of King Arthur.

Night Ape likes this.
  15. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Definitive Daily Mail featured article on Joni's life and times... from last Sept

The secret torment of Joni Mitchell: Unflinching insight into the reclusive 70s icon's battles with a disease that makes her skin crawl, is haunted by stalkers and the heartache of giving her daughter up for adoption
    • Joni Mitchell opens up about her battle with polio, paranoia and her battle with a rare and controversial disease called Morgellons
    • Singer's views and secret heartache revealed in new book Joni Mitchell, In Her Own Words Conversations with Malka Marom, out this month
    • Now aged 70, she lives like a recluse between Los Angeles and British Columbia
    • Reveals how she abandoned her career for two years and 'cried for a year' after a bad marriage and giving her daughter away for adoption
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-giving-daughter-adoption.html#ixzz3Yhq42vhD

Pooh bear likes this.
  16. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    I hope this isn't true. That's the worst "story behind a song" I've ever heard.

Asshat likes this.
  17. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I saw Joni Mitchell at her best in 1972 at the Academy of Music in Philadelphia. She actually was performing in Philadelphia in 1966 at the 2nd Fret, a folk club and also appeared at the Main Point in later years. That goes back to when I was just graduating junior high and the only music I listened to was what the boss jocks played on WFIL 56 and WIBG 99.

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  18. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The song, "Big Yellow Taxi" reminded me of when I lived in Southern California and took flying lessons. After I got my license I would take people flying. If the person was a young, pretty woman I would tell her I could take her to Paradise. Most didn't believe me, so I took them there.

There is a navigation station between the towns of Corona and Riverside named "Paradise". It is on a small hill that has the top removed and paved over. If work is being done there, then the cars and trucks make it a parking lot. ;)

Domo Cup likes this.
  19. Fuzz Nuts

Fuzz Nuts VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Song to a Seagull. I blame my HS girlfriend for hooking me on that album. It's a good one.

20. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's true, I've heard him tell the story.
    I think it's sweet :p