Just heard part of Howard's rant on the big lawsuit loss

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Fan in TX, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Fan in TX

Fan in TX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't catch it all because I tuned in in the middle of it, but what I heard was one sided, self serving, half truths, with misleading statements, mis-statements of fact, and just plain bullshit. It was so infuriating that I wanted to put my fist through my windshield. For anyone that really read all of the materials surrounding this matter, you know he is just delusional and full of shit on this one. I believe he really does believe in his warped mind that he is right and the contract says he is owed the performance bonus money. Could he really be that stupid? BTW, there will be no appeal, trust me.

2. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to The Revolution!

3. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I thought it was great. Its the first time in a while it was REAL radio. His anger and venom over money is so over the top its hysterical...

4. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    And you are suprised? Where have you been for the last 15 years? ;)

5. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Howard thinks he is the only reason Sirius and XM merged. He's that egotistical.

The contract (k) says stuff about sub increases which are attributed to Stern, presuming that every new sub (Sirius was being charitable) was generated by Stern.

The subs from XM that were folded into Sirius XM did not subscribe to XM because of Howard because Howard was never available (before the merger) to ANY XM sub. In other words, the XM subs that were folded into SiriusXM were in no way Howard Stern generated subs.

Howard disagrees because he thinks he is the ONLY reason for the merger. That is how he thinks the subs were generated by him. "Without me, there would have been no merger!"

Howard is so off base here, and the judge dismissed (with prejudice!!!) because of it. Also consider this: If Sirius thought FOR A MOMENT that merged subs could possibly be the basis for sub bonuses, would they have considered merging before Howard's first k ended? If Sirius or XM thought a merger would cost them $300 million rather than the $25 million, they would have waited to merge till January 2011 presuming they could have held out that long financially.

6. MatthewT

MatthewT Awaiting The Rapture VIP

Reputations:
    then it accurately reflected the written pleadings

7. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    would be awesome if they made Howard pay for Sirius's legal fees :D

8. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    Howard brought in enough subscribers to cover his initial contract, but he's definitely not responsible for all the numbers satellite radio has racked up.
    LINK

9. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    With or without him, the services would have had to merge or just die off. He's taking credit for satellite radio's inability to have two competing companies, and the need for them to merge to survive. It seems a little odd to be proud of failure.

10. Cygnus X1

Cygnus X1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I understand howards point completely!
    I was promised a lot of things when I signed up for his show on Sirius
    but he just changed the rules and didnt make good on his contract with his fans

11. Fan in TX

Fan in TX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is kind of funny!

I pasted and copied a post I had in another thread because I think it is applicable here. I was responding to bababaloney's thoughts on this topic. Howard thought this shit up after the merger, not before:

Bababaloney: are you fucking nuts! We know exactly what happened in the negotiations. It is right there in black and white for all to read. It was what it was at the time they signed it and nothing more. It was only after the merger happened that Howard thought that he could make a case for the XM subscribers counting, NOT BEFORE at all, not even one iota. A lot of people are now saying that his lawyers were dumb. They were not dumb, they did the exact deal that they wanted to do, AT THE TIME. I am quite sure that AFTER THE MERGER is when Howard thought that he could make a case about the agreement being ambiguous on what Sirius subscribers meant thinking that the worst outcome would be that SIRIUS would settle. He was wrong on thinking he could make people think the agreement was ambiguous, and he was wrong in thinking that he could get SIRIUS to pay up in a settlement. He was just plain delusional on this one.

I agree with you that Stern is not a prick for suing just because he has money, he is a prick for thinking that his bullshit case had merit. It did not and it was clear to a lot of people even before the judge ruled. The agreement really was not ambiguous, not at all and finally we have a contract judge ruling on his bullshit suit against SIRIUS.

12. Elisa Jane

Elisa Jane Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly! Thanks for the excellent info!

13. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I read this thread then downloaded the segment with expectations high but found it to be just another boring segement with Howard reading a bunch of legalese.

However, I did get a kick out of the Oklahoma City Fox News affiliate anchors commentary on the news of Howard having his lawsuit tossed: Newsfemme: "Well, Howard...you're still rich." Newguy: " you're still ugly but your rich!"

14. flailingfish

flailingfish New Member

Reputations:
    We were promised a revolution

We got an abortion

15. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard sounded like a spoiled little child who was throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. All his conspiracy theories about why the judge ruled against him sounded desperate and delusional, especially since we all know the real reason was because his lawsuit had absolutely no merit. Howard's anger at people saying he has enough money was hypocritical even for Howard - he says the same thing all the time about Jay Leno, Oprah, and all the other people he's insanely jealous of. If he has a stroke from the stress and starts talking like Dick Clark it will confirm that karma really exists.

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    yes, he really could be that stupid.....and he is.

17. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    The fucking cocksucker want to use the judicial system to mediate and when it doesn't go his way the system sucks, the judge sucks (did she even read it herself?), Apple sucks (they don't give away their products---haven't they earned enough?).........what a tool.