Just hung up on the sirius rep

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CaptainFrank, Aug 6, 2012.

1. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bought a new Honda 2 months ago, which comes with a free trial to sirius/xm (but no howard or nfl). They have sent me 3 letters to sign up and today called me. I have a lifetime subscription that i use with a portable reciever so I asked to transfer my subscription to the car.

"we can't do that" was the answer. I asked why and he said "policy"

I hung up, told him I would not be a subscriber because the HS show is rarely on live, and when it is the show is like listening to the view... with talk of AGT and Beth's latest PR stunt.

Oh well..

by the way, Im sure howie counts every honda sold in America as a "listener" to Sirius.

2. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Damn. That sounds like Sirius. You would think they would grab every marble available, but they recently pissed me off as well. Fuck them. I hope liberty media shuts the whole cluster fuck organization down. Fuck em! :pissed:

3. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    I quit a month ago..only thing I miss is NFL channel...especially since the season is a month away and need my fantasy football update. Now I just listen to the Fatnasy Focus Football podcast from ESPN.

4. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Sounds like you got a free trial of XM? Why wouldn't Sirius have Stern or the NFL Channel? And if that's the case, shouldn't you be talking to an XM rep?

Aren't they still separate entities when it comes to this crap?

5. ryanv1978

ryanv1978 New Member

Reputations:
    they merged years ago fucktard

why are they still treated like two separate companies when convienent

shit no wonder you have a pile of red reps

6. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:

You really have no clue, do you? Who the fuck cares if they're called Sirius XM?

You do NOT get both services when you buy a new car.

Go to SiriusXM.com. Get channel listings. They still ask if you have an XM or Sirius radio. Do I really need to be explaining something almost everyone knows?

7. RobinsLeftFlap

RobinsLeftFlap New Member

Reputations:
    I love how stupid she sounded in her reply to you and then went on to mention something so meaningless as "reps"

8. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Hey, to some people, reps make their life better.. I'll be honest, I've lost some sleep ever since by green went to red.. it really wears me down.

9. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    You're lucky they wouldn't transfer the sub. LT subs in cars can never be transferred to another car unless the car is stolen or the manufacturer has to replace a defective radio.

10. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    My sister once hung up on somebody and she died :sarcastic:

11. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Cancelled two weeks ago. Subscriber since July '05.

If I'm home for the listening thread, there's enough free streams out there without the lag Sirius' internet stream has. Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads! :finger:

12. WonderWarthog

WonderWarthog Re-Member VIP

Reputations:
    Depends on when you purchased the LT sub, mine was purchased in '05 some I'm grandfathered in, but have to pay $75 per switch, with a max of 3 switches. Those fucks tried to pull shit on me when I recently used my first transfer - said they weren't going to let me keep my online sub (that goes along with the LT). Basically told them I have it in writing & they could just keep escalating me up the CS foodchain all day or fix it. They fixed it.

13. Feltspot

Feltspot Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    19.95 EVERY CHANNEL SIRIUS XM OFFERS AND YOU GET 2 RADIOS CONNECTED AND 2 INTERNET STREAMS..AKA CELL PHONES

PAY MONTH TO MONTH AND THEY WOULD HAVE MORE ACTION THEN THEY COULD HANDLE

Most fucked up company EVER

14. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    Are you referring to a LT sub for a plug-n-play portable radio or a factory installed car or truck radio?

15. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Have a lifetime, Got it the day Hamptons announced going over....Have never had a problem....But I bought a car back in March and the same thing happened to me...I knew that they wouldn't switch it over so I hit them up for the six months for $25.....They didn't want to at first, But I told them ya'll offered it, I have it right here in my email...
    They buckled and it runs out in Dec. My GF is the shittiest gift giver on the planet....Love her, But thats a fact. So I've told her, For Xmas from now on just re-up my Sirius account on the car.....Problem solved....Hamptons removed, SXM still kicks the shit out of anything terrestrial.....Loves me some NFL

16. Feltspot

Reputations:
    Do you think the bad taste in everyones mouth regarding sirius xm is because of the pelican and his nonsense?

Or do you actually think its a pretty good company and have a value for what they offer?

And I urge you to not consider the pelican in your answer..just the remaining without him

17. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    :gayhand::gayhand:

18. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I travel daily.....I like it for that

19. Feltspot

Reputations:
    Some of the channels are much better than what Iheart or Tunein radio offer.

I have tried radio io but not that good either

20. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Just went through this a few months ago.....took about 3 weeks and a near suicide attempt due to severe frustration to get an answer or get anything done.....

Must sign up with XM and get the "super package" which includes Sirius and Howard as well. It seems to be designed to do on line with no human interaction....took the patience of Ghandi himself to deal with a rep and actually get something accomplished....the mere mortal reps had no answers and could never find Oz behind the curtain to help out.

It seems my first mistake was thinking ANYONE would pick up the phone in under a 45 minute wait time; second mistake was assuming it would take less than 10 days to get a rep who spoke any form of English that I could understand.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012