Shop Now At Amazon

Just realized that my SXM subscription......................

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Snotty, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP

Reputations:
    Runs out tomorrow........But here's the strange part, I haven't heard a peep out of them.....No snail mail, E-mails, Phone calls.....Nothing:dontknow:
    This is the account on the car I bought new last March, And when that 90 day period was two months and 29 days away from expiring I couldn't get away from the mail, Emails and phone calls..Worked out a six months for 25 bucks deal and now that ends tomorrow....Is this somehow connected to the Liberty/Malone take over? I have a lifetime I bought back in '05 and use it everyday at work.....Wonder if they have them combined.....That'd be cool....Guess I'll find out tomorrow..........

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Nordstrom
  3. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Don't give them an extra $ please Snotty . . . :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    They'll auto renew you if you used a card or whatever. Be forewarned.

And they'll auto renew you at full-retail.

5. TelegramSam

TelegramSam Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just a heads up, did you last use your credit/debit card to pay for it? They will automatically renew if you did, even if you didn't sign up for it. They did that to me and hosed me for a renewal awhile back, even after I cancelled. I used to have three vehicles, and at one point I had a Sirius in all three. Anyway, I called them and cancelled one radio after I got divorced that was in my ex's car, and they sent it the kill signal and shut it off. Well, low and behold, four months later it renewed anyway even though the radio was off! I called them and spoke to a Phillipino customer service person who refused to reimburse me because I didn't get a reference number or the name of the rep when I cancelled. I did that time, supposedly I spoke to "Helen". But, I received no phone call or any spam mail, they just renewed me.

So, bottom line, check your credit card statement. It's quite possible they are hoping you wont notice and they can just keep billing you every time it runs out.

EDIT: Someone said the same thing while I was typing, oh well.

6. Snotty

Reputations:
    Not on that card they won't......I have a "Special" Account for dealing with the asswipes that try to pull that.......Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be getting a call tomorrow for sure.........

7. Snotty

Reputations:
    'Preciate that......Those sneaky fucks are gonna' get a surprise when they hit that account...........

8. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub Hater VIP

Reputations:
    I cancelled one of my radios 2 weeks ago, and they called yesterday offering me 6 months for $25. I said no. :what:

9. gridlockd

gridlockd Active Member

Reputations:
    I just got a call that him will be shut off in 48 hours due to non-payment. Oh, there'll be non-payment...

10. Snotty

Reputations:
    There's $27.51 in the account they have..........Wonder what they'll do?

11. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This happened to me. And I couldn't get my money back from them. They said it was because I didn't call to officially cancel. (which I did....but that's another story). So I called my credit card company & they stopped payment to them & blocked them from ever charging my card again.

12. Ruffypup

Ruffypup VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    They will auto-renew yo ass.... Trust me!

13. Snotty

Reputations:
    Heres what I did years ago......I buy tons of parts online and didn't want anyone having access to my main money......So my banker set up a parallel account with its own numbers that I transfer money into as I use it.....That's the card I give everyone I do business with online or on the phone......It can't be overdrawn and won't give out any amount unless the request can be met......Costs nothing extra....

14. gotnolife

gotnolife Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's funny I could have written the same post. I expire tomorrow. Well my card I used expired in June! Going to be getting a phone call tomorrow as well.
    Fuckers better give me a decent deal.

15. Snotty

Reputations:
    Let me know how it goes, We'll compare.............

16. smichal

smichal Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    let us know what happens.
    They auto renewed me twice. I was intending to cancel during the artie saga when the show started really going downhill. I called them back and said don't auto renew me again.

17. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My 2-year plan is set to auto-renew on Feb 1 (couldn't believe they actually sent me a snail mail to that effect this week)

They have my old CC on file, I'm hoping they run into a roadblock and the service continues for free.

I should call to cancel though, I'd get a much better rate than $12/month + $3 for streaming.

18. TheWakening

TheWakening Member

Reputations:
    If you call to cancel you're guaranteed another 3 months free dude. Take it from me. Last year I tried to cancel 3 separate times and they gave me months and months for free. The last time I called they were going to give me 6 months for the price of 3. I basically told them to stop with the bullshit and cancel my shit. Thought I'd regret it but like other people have said, it's not as bad as you think. Especially when there are SOO many great shows on podcast. Stern has lost a true fan man, I can't believe he's such an asshole now.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  19. Snotty

Reputations:
    I can dig that, But there's other channels I like.....

20. bgsaysftp

bgsaysftp Member

Reputations:
    I was up for renewal this past week. Called up and said I wasn't renewing due to increased price/lack of content/bad car antenna. I got 6 months free and a new whole radio setup for free. I listen to the music channels when I exercise and sports games when on the road so at that rate I guess its worth it.

21. Snotty

Reputations:
    Todays the day...Just walked out to the car and the SXM is still there.......