Justified: Official Final Season (#6) Thread

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Jan 28, 2015.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Always considered this show as pure, enjoyable and uncomplicated light entertainment, written and plotted fairly faithfully to the stylistic writings of my favorite author, the late great Elmore Leonard. So far for me, 2 episodes into the final season, the series is staying true to form with Raylon being Raylon, and the newly introduced criminals and/or southern white trash being idiosyncratic in their own unique fashions. So far there's been enough gratuitous violence thrown in to stir the cauldron. There has been one major surprise so far, but I anticipate more to come as it winds down to a final resolution, as I don't believe this is the type of series to leave the invested viewer wondering about Members Only Jackets and such.

Would hope that anyone choosing to respond to this thread, when citing specific developments, would use the spoiler tag.

Any thoughts on the first 2 episodes?

codeine likes this.
  2. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This has always been a pretty solid show. Raylans ex-wife is a piece of ass. Haven't watched the new season yet, letting a few episodes build up.

Trainwreckjm and OV like this.
  3. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Yeah Natalie Zea was also in The Following playing serial killer Joe Carroll's wife. She's tasty

4. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I LOVE this show. I recently broke out my DVD's and started from Season 1 again and watched all up to Season 5 again. I hate for it to end but also happy they are not dragging it on and making it repetitive. I can't believe Dewey got his brains blown out on the first episode. I did not watch last nights episode but I will watch it tonight.

OV likes this.
  5. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every time I see the dude with them big white chicklets I'm thinking of the part he played on the SONS. A Queen

6. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love this show. I think they could definitely do a movie or 2 with the Rayland character.

7. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I love this show.....even with all of it's many many faults.

Cute writing and some amazing characters.

If it was actually "better"/improved...it probably wouldn't be as good/enjoyable.

Every episode has more then a few amusing lines worth quoting over and over.

Sorry to see the show ending....but it's had a good and successful run.

It's a somewhat simple show...with so much depth and levels of various complexities.

8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Dug it the first season. Ok the 2nd. Third was annoying. Now never watch, not a fan.

9. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    So 4 episodes in, I still find the show entertaining, the dialogue brisk, often clever and tongue in cheek, the repartee funny and the violence gratuitous and graphic. Lots of tension in the air with subplots. Mary Steenburgen and Sam Elliot are nice velvet glove type villainous editions. I'm not disappointed. Oh and a bud from semi-rural AL, on another one of my forums laughs that a few of these character depictions, although exaggerated, do kinda remind him of some of his relatives.

it turns out it's all about illegal jostling for the land rights to grow MJ on fertile Harlan County land in anticipation of Kentucky legalization rumors. Lots of $poils to kill for and over.

any one else still watching?

10. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah. This season seems to be a slow build. I do believe everyone will go out in a blaze of glory. Including Raylan.