News Juvenile Prisoner Beats Up Corrections Officer During Escape

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Feb 20, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Maybe its not a good idea to put grandma guarding dangerous people.

2. dawg

Reputations:
    Update:

Escaped teen’s body found by Blount county deputies

MARYVILLE (WATE) – Blount County Sheriff’s Office deputies have found the body of the escaped teen who assaulted a corrections officer and stole her gun.

The Blount County Sheriff James Lee Berrong says Deputies found the body of Joseph Dillon French, 16, of Friendsville shortly after 8:30. A citizen utilizing the Maryville Greenbelt discovered the body.

An autopsy will be performed at the Knox County Regional Forensic Center, but, according to a release, it appears French died as a result of a self- inflicted gunshot wound. His death is being investigated by both the Blount County Sheriff’s office and the Maryville Police Department.

The Friendsville teen had been reported missing last month, but was located earlier this week and placed into custody on a charge of unruliness. Sheriff James Berrong says this was the fourth time he had been held in the facility.

Berrong says he assaulted a female corrections officer with a porcelain toilet tank lid around 7:30 p.m. Her gun was being kept in a locked strong box. Berrong says French found the key, took the gun out of the box and tried to shoot the officer. The gun did not go off, due to a bullet not being in the chamber, and French then fled the county juvenile center.

Crews searched for him with helicopters and search dogs.

The officer was taken to UT Medical Center with severe lacerations, but was later released with five staples in her head. The sheriff is not releasing her name at this time.

stash and Rupert Pupkin like this.
  3. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    No kidding. It looks like she had zero training to physically deal with an attack.
    At least the young buck didn't kill her.

4. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
  5. dawg

Reputations:
  6. knuckle_hedd

knuckle_hedd loving life!

Reputations:
    the dumb thing was having an unloaded weapon in there...hard to fight off a toilet cover wielding desperate guy with a gun and no bullets..

7. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Dirty South likes this.
  8. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I love a happy ending.

stash and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    You support keeping non violent pot users locked up?

10. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Nope, I think pot should be legal and regulated like alcohol. But until its legal, we should punish anyone with large quantities as they are directly funding criminal organizations.

Legalize it and simultaneously reform the criminal justice element of it. But you can't let people caught with 50lbs of weed that they certainly bought from a criminal org. or someone with ties to one, just do his thing and continue funding these gangs.

I think we should decriminalize anything less than say an ounce, but lock up major pot dealers.

11. dawg

Reputations:
    Non violent offenders should not be in the same class as violent ones. You get violent throw away the key no one cares. But you cannot lump all offenders into one basket.

FishySausage likes this.
  12. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    I agree with that as well and believe prisons should be separated between violent offenders and non violent offenders so we don't expose nonviolent people to violence.

Im not saying I don't support criminal justice reform, but I despise the Obama movement of punishing based upon demographics and not on crimes. The suspension rates for blacks were too high, so in many schools they stopped suspending blacks. If they do that with our prisons, which is exactly what BLm wants (met with Obama recently), then we are all fucked.

13. dawg

Reputations:
    Agreed, its not about race its about how you conduct yourself, if you are a violent turd then fuck you.

14. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Violent crimes, breaking probation, and unlawfully possessing a firearm should have far harsher sentences. Especially the gun part. I can't stand when I see that some dirtbag gangbanger, eventually thrown in prison for murder, had 2 unlawful possession of firearm chargers before the age of 25 and was roaming the streets.

15. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Me too!

[​IMG]

16. dawg

Reputations:
    The gun thing is very dangerous, they use those laws to push political agendas. I am very extreme on gun control, i dont think it should exist at all.

Dirty South likes this.
  17. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    I think anyone convicted of a violent crime should never be allowed to have a firearm. If someone is capable of beating someone to a pulp with their fists for no good reason, thats the type of guy you don't want having a gun.

18. dawg

Reputations:
    They all have a gun tucked in their britches bro, no way to stop it. Gun laws only prohibit people from protecting themselves. Most people dont want to buy a gun in an alley. You should be able to buy a gun with your eggs.

19. NyMarkNy

Reputations:
    Agree to disagree. I don't think anyone convicted of a violent felony should ever legally own a fireman and then if they buy one illegally and are caught after having a previous conviction? Automatic life sentence.

I also think letting it be a free for all with guns is not a good thing because we are able to get scum off the street that can't follow simple laws. I believe we should make the laws simpler, but actually enforce them and give long, long, long sentences to anyone who illegally possesses one.

Its essentially the broken windows theory, but with something far more potentially dangerous. I am less concerned about a gun getting into the hands of a maniac a la Sandy Hook as I am having an excuse to put people away for decades because of their willingness to associate with criminals and purchase weapons by circumventing the law.