UFO Kaikoura UFOs

Discussion in 'Unexplained Mysteries' started by dawg, Jul 13, 2014.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

In 1978 a rash of UFO sightings occurred across the Southern Hemisphere. At the same time strange lights were reported in the foothills on the coastal mountains of New Zealand’s south island accompanied by reports of sheep being abducted. An officer at a Blenheim military base witnessed the lights and contacted the local air traffic control who not only also saw them but detected them on the radar. The police began receiving numerous calls from civilians reporting beams of light being projected onto the sea.

A cargo plane that took off around the same time also reported seeing lights playing on the sea and unexplained lights in the sky. The lights were tracked with scientific equipment and found them to be travelling at 1,930 kph (1,200 mph). An Australian news cameraman boarded a plane to film the lights which recurred over a period of nights. He filmed some of the most startling evidence of UFOs ever caught on film.

This all coincided with the mysterious disappearance whilst flying of Australian pilot Frederick Valentich. His last words were: “My intentions are – ah – to go to King Island – ah – Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again (open microphone for two seconds). It is hovering and it’s not an aircraft.”

pheelios and Harambe Burrito like this.
  2. HAL

HAL HAM

Reputations:
    Shitty cameras back then. But whatever it was got picked up by radar which is compelling. And all the witnesses calling into the police.

pheelios and dawg like this.
  3. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
  4. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I love this. I got a bunch of stuff bookmarked from the Phoenix Lights

pheelios likes this.
  5. Reggae Mistress

Reggae Mistress Old Catcher's Mitt

Reputations:
    I'm not sure of I should add it here but one of my books has a list of very notable government figureheads who openly admitted witnessing and identifying UFO activity. But I think one thread about UFOs is a good idea.

pheelios and Harambe Burrito like this.
  6. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Bruce Maccabee on the UFO Sighting Kaikoura, New Zealand

7. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I saw a UFO once..5 lights in a V shape....went out into a large circle.....came together in a close circle then shot straight up.