News Katie Couric's week just went from bad to worse

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Head Censor, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    As was detailed here in earlier threads, Katie Couric's week got off to a bad start when raw audio tapes surfaced forcing her to answer for the blatantly fraudulent manner in which her supposedly "balanced" documentary "Under the Gun" defamed various 2nd Amendment supporters who had agreed to be interviewed.

Given the already deplorable state of her journalistic integrity, it's debatable whether or not this creative editing incident could realistically damage it any further. But according to the latest reports, that could soon be the least of her worries. There is now evidence to suggest that Couric's reliance on these unethical documentary producers may soon see her answering questions about her possible role in a conspiracy to commit numerous federal felonies.

In the clip below, producer Stephanie Soechtig explains how she directed an underling to travel from his home state of Colorado down to Arizona, to purchase an AR clone and three pistols from some guy in a Wendy's parking lot. The purpose of this drill was ostensibly to show how easy it is to cross state lines and legally purchase firearms without any form of a background check. The only problem for Soechtig and Couric is that purchasing a weapon from another state without directing the purchase through an FFL dealer in your home state isn't legal at all. In fact, it's a serious federal felony. And if it can be demonstrated that this employee was purchasing the firearms directly on behalf of Soechtig, then you can add another four straw purchase felonies on top of the base crimes. Now while I would put the odds of anyone in the Obama administration actually holding these people responsible for the felonies they've committed somewhere between slim and none, this incident nonetheless illustrates quite well just how ignorant anti-gun activists are when it comes to the laws regulating the firearms industry.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/03...oducers-repeatedly-violated-federal-gun-laws/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  2. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hope she gets a cell next to hillary.:jj:

3. regult

regult 4 Goals...

Reputations:
    Wait, she's a real person? I thought a Couric was just a unit of measurement for shit.

4. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    "....an AR clone....."?!?!

5. Head Censor

Reputations:
    An AR-15 style rifle manufactured by someone other than Colt.

6. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Never heard them referred to as a clone before. :jj:

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Is it too late for the networks that paid her to get their $100M or so back for all the shitty years of work she bullshitted through?

8. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Another shady friend of Howard. Will he lose touch with her now?

9. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :snicker: How dumb are the people that made this documentary? Dumb or insulated, or something.

10. FrstTimeLngTme

FrstTimeLngTme Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That big gumy smile has been showing its age for awhile. She's no longer america's sweetheart.

kingship, Fatass, Homerj123 and 2 others like this.
  11. Head Censor

Reputations:
    It's a perfect illustration of the echo chamber, group think mentality that has completely infested the liberal media establishment. One journalist makes up some bullshit out of whole cloth, either maliciously or out of ignorance (but always conforming to the approved PC narrative), and then for years afterward, the rest of them take it for gospel, routinely repeating the misinformation in guest segments on discussion panels and in their reporting, as if it were 100% true.

I'm sure this Soechtig women really believed that you can purchase firearms across state lines without any sort of background check because she'd heard the ridiculous tale told by dozens of other journalists as uninformed as herself.

12. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I mean to not even check to see..... "It's okay if we try this, right? Sure!"

Oh well, they're suffering for their art. :bigcry:

Head Censor, TeeDonkey and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  13. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    So, the fact that a person can hook up with another person in a weak gun law state and purchase multiple high powered weapons in a parking lot doesn't bother any of you? You're just concerned with how a documentary was edited? See, this is why it's so hard to take you guys seriously sometimes.

Box of Rox, Bro, Willowglen and 5 others like this.
  14. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    I wish that little gummy smiled butterball hen was dead.

Dirty South likes this.
  15. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Seems like a good reaction for a grownup to have in regards to someone who has differing views on guns.

juleswheel and stanggirl like this.
  16. Head Censor

Reputations:
    :scratch:

No, it's not how the documentary was edited in this particular instance, it's that the documentary completely misrepresented the truth regarding our laws that already exist. The point is that this Soechtig woman could have sent her underling down to a Wendy's parking lot in Arizona to purchase an AR-15, a kilo of cocaine, an elephant tusk, a hand grenade or a 15 year old girl. Any and all of these transactions would have been a federal felony. But she produces, and somehow manages to get aired, a documentary which claims that the rifle purchase is perfectly legal. That's the part that concerns me - that there's no adult supervision when it comes to what passes for fact checking in the news these days.

And what is it about this incident that leads you to conclude that gun laws in Arizona are "weaker" than the ones in Colorado? To be clear, the person who sold Soechtig's surrogate these weapons is every bit as much a felon as the rest of them. You would like to see him prosecuted, wouldn't you?

17. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Of course, but as long as there's no way to track these things, how would that happen? If people were more limited in the amount they could purchase in a certain time frame then it would greatly reduce the number of guns available for crime.

18. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    Her stance on guns doesn't even matter to me. I'm sure you'd like to think I'm an offended gun nut but I don't even own a gun. What I said was intended as a joke regarding a woman that isn't ethical and whom I don't like. Remember the good old days when Howard wished ill on those he doesn't like? It's way of taking a shot at someone but not really serious. You realize this forum isn't located on CNN.com, right?

You're such a drag. I really can't even understand why you're here. Totally humorless.

19. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Sorry, I missed that it was a joke due to the fact that it wasn't funny. Next time maybe add a postscript letting people know that it's an attempt at humor.

20. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Since they threw the book at that one fella who made all those fake ID's to film Planned Parenthood, I'm sure they'll prosecute someone who transported assault weapons across state lines illegally with equal vigor and zeal.