Ken - Another Negative Caller Gets Through

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Jan 14, 2015.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Ken pissed off Howard claiming that Howard got an under the table payment from Sirius after his lawsuit was dismissed in exchange for no longer bashing them. He also brought up Howard's in show promotion of AGT and NBC without any outside promotion of Sirius.

MarksFriggin:
    The caller asked Howard about how he has mentioned Sirius twice now and he hasn't had anything nice to say about them lately. Howard said that's not true. He said he was owed a bonus that he wasn't paid. Howard said he went to court and the judge said he won't even hear the argument. Howard said that he always held the two separately. He said he had a very good working experience there. Howard said especially compared to working in terrestrial radio. Howard said that his mother once went up to K-Rock and commented on how dirty it was up there. Howard said this is the best radio studio he's ever had. Howard said the people there treat him well. He said the broadcast experience has been stellar. He said he's been able to do a lot of things creatively that he wanted to do. Howard said the payment thing still bothers him. He said that he sat in a meeting where he worked out a thing and said he wanted to be compensated in many ways. Howard said he was risking a lot coming there.

The caller interrupted and said they know all of this already. Howard told the guy, Ken, to fuck off or he'll hang up on him. Howard said don't interrupt his tirades. Howard said he won't stand for it. Howard said Ken called up under a false premise and he changed topics twice. Ken asked how much they paid him under the table to talk nice about them. Howard said he has never been paid under the table. Howard said the guy who is running the place now came to him and said that he wants to work with him. Howard said he's still ticked off about his bonus. He said they have 27 million subscribers now and not all of that is due to him but a lot of it is.

Ken asked Howard another question about what is going on with the promotion he's giving the company. He said the show has been a promotion vehicle for Comcast. Howard asked what Comcast has. Ken said it's NBC. Howard asked what he promotes for NBC. Ken said he's promoting AGT. Howard told Ken to get off the phone and hung up on him. He said he reminds him of that nutty Hanzi.

Howard had Hanzi on the phone and said he thinks he found someone for him. Hanzi said fuck that guy. Howard said Ken usually fucks Barbie but now he can fuck Hanzi. Hanzi said if he was a hot chick that would be fine. Howard said that Comcast doesn't pay him to do anything. Howard said Hanzi is even wackier than that guy. Hanzi said he's cooler than that guy.

2. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    At this point, nothing on the show is random.

3. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    How long before all callers are "around". It is a new format ya know....

smichal and JameGumb like this.
  4. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Howard said Ken called up under a false premise and he changed topics twice."

Heaven forbid a caller to the HSS comes up with something not scripted. 20 years ago Howard would have totally crucified the "evolved" Howard on air.

ZevonFan, dexterdog, smichal and 14 others like this.
  5. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wait Howard has done creative things?,?

Dare anyone to name one

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this call means more "Bobo you're on the air!"

Box of Rox and JameGumb like this.
  7. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    This......Is HUGE!!!!
    He said they have 27 million subscribers now and not all of that is due to him but a lot of it is.

8. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    Yay Ken. :yay:

It's a start and he got under Wiggy's skin.

A+

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  9. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Robin, I can't really do callers anymore, it just taxes me too much...all of the bullying. Robin?

10. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Comedic genius...

Howard had Hanzi on the phone and said he thinks he found someone for him. Hanzi said fuck that guy. Howard said Ken usually fucks Barbie but now he can fuck Hanzi.

11. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good call, why would the Wig get upset and flustered? then shortly after go to commecial unexpectedly? c'mon the truth hurts...The caller tried to get his points across, the Wig of course kept cutting him off and talked all over him. I liked when the Wig tried to start the "I came to Sirius to work hard and build the company" story and the caller interrupted and said 'Howard we all heard this story before"

12. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    More proof that Hanzi is a fake, just like the others.

13. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    The pissing on fans bit took his whole career to pull off :dontknow:

GloriaGrace likes this.
  14. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    Last thing I remember Howard writing was the Dr. Big Foot adopting a black baby skit. That was in '06.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  15. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    Totally.
    But that is so true that all Howard does is promote Comcast commodities, like NBC and not just AGT. Look at his celebrity guests.
    I think he is not doing these late night shows because he does not want to promote SirrusXM.
    I don't know if AGT will start before Letterman leaves but if he gets to do Letterman, that will be what he promotes.

Sounds like he held a meeting with the higher ups and nit-picked everything on his contract to get as many demands he wasn't asking for before. Like hiring Marci to run everything, more management/programming power for all competing Sirus stations, his studios remodeled again, less days, less air time, maybe more budget, etc. And they gave in to keep him happy after the lawsuit. That lawsuit had to kill him, because remember he probably had to pay their legal fees as well.

I think when his lawyers told him how bad he would fare in a jury trial (especially if women were chosen) I think that was exactly when he agreed to do the show AGT, he knew he had to be remembered for something else other than shock jock.
    I did hear today when he was complaining about how TV announcers mentioned his birthday and had to say "Howard Stern best remembered for being a radio shock jock and he is also a judge on AGT" Howard was like why can't they just say I was a judge on AGT.

16. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    I think he's not doing these shows, because he can't get booked.

17. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Wish "Ken" would have gone right for the jugular by blurting out the question: "How come you can spend $62million cash on a 3rd house in Florida and 1000 square foot closet expansion, yet you're expecting mostly people with no where near the money you have to fund your wife's NSAL $7million vanity expansion fund now going on 3 years?"

18. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Maybe someone dared to tell the King that 14 million of those subscriptions can't even hear his show.

19. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
  20. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard invented stealing ideas from Steve Dahl while pretending that he never listened to Dahl's show.

I doubt Sirius/XM is paying Howard anything under the table but it's always good to hear that a genuine caller got through instead of the usual scripted/planned calls from regulars.

GloriaGrace likes this.