Kentucky students to first lady Michelle Obama: Your food ‘tastes like vomit’

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Aug 27, 2013.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Students in a rural Kentucky county — and their parents — are the latest to join a growing national chorus of scorn for the healthy school lunches touted by first lady Michelle Obama.
    “They say it tastes like vomit,†said Harlan County Public Schools board member Myra Mosley at a contentious board meeting last week, reports The Harlan Daily Enterprise.
    The growing body of USDA meal regulations implemented by the Department of Agriculture under the “Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010″ has long been a signature issue for the first lady.
    Denizens of Harlan County don’t much care, though. Their primary concern at the board meeting was a bevy of complaints that local children are starving at lunch — and for the remainder of the school day — because the food on offer in the cafeteria is crappy and there isn’t nearly enough of it.
    “Kids can’t learn when they’re hungry!†parents shouted to the board, according to the Enterprise.
    Other gripes involved the new bread, which students don’t want to eat because it’s brown wheat bread, and the new milk, which is skim or one percent fat, not two percent or whole. The cafeteria’s chocolate- and strawberry-flavored milk offerings are now nonfat.
    Jack Miniard, the school district’s director of school and community nutrition, was on hand to explain that the federal government now governs both food choices and portion sizes in most American school districts including Harlan County.
    Under the National School Lunch Program, Under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, participating schools must provide lunches — including free or reduced price lunches — with minimum amounts of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables and whole grains. Also, in what presumably falls outside the hunger-free aspect of the act, there’s a calorie cap: 850 for high school lunches, 700 for middle schools and a mere 650 calories for kids in elementary school.
    Students can only have one serving of meat or other protein. However, rich kids can buy a second portion each day on their own dime.
    Servings of carbohydrates such as potatoes are limited to just a single serving of three-fourths of a cup per student.
    On the plus side, students can eat as many fruits and vegetables as they want.

2. Hamptons

Hamptons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    is it against school policy to pack a lunch I made my own lunch from 5th grade thru 8th grade every morning anyone who complains about school lunches is an asshole pack your own shit

3. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Waaaah. Wheat bread?! OMG!

My parents always said, "If you're hungry enough, you'll eat it."

4. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    WAAAHHHHH!!! let those little fuckers bring their lard biscuits to school from home if they want.

5. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    Misleading title... Myra Mosley (Public School board member) claims that students are saying the :quote:free:quote: food tastes like vomit. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  6. XuXu

XuXu VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I can't stand hicks.

7. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    And I bet she's a big fat sumbitch.

8. Spazzmatazz

Reputations:
    Yeah, they're almost as bad as judgmental assholes. :D

9. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't get free lunches when I was in school. And what does a second portion cost that only rich kids can afford it? $100 for an extra chicken fillet? Maybe they should stop expecting the government to pay for everything.

10. HowardsNeckFlap

HowardsNeckFlap New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    fat boy packs his own lunch

[​IMG]

11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I wonder what Michelles kids eat for lunch?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Your food tastes like vomit. Give us kids real food like McDonalds!!!!

13. 14chimneys

14chimneys Member

Reputations:
    :) LOL exactly! Usually real food, good food for you doesnt taste as good as greasy, sweet & salty crap.

14. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    Lols omg skim milk people SKIM MILK!!!!!!!!!11111

15. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    dirty little racists

16. sloth22

sloth22 Active Member

Reputations:
    Really. Kids preferred when they were eating fries and pizza. No fucking shit.

17. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought school lunches were just something in The Simpsons. We didnt get any of that shit. High school had vending machines.

My mom made my lunches until I bitched about something one time then she said do it yourself. I hated having to make a sandwich and pack a brown bag. So Lazy...I would have ate a school lunch of fruits and veg. That's all we had at home to bring anyway.

Kids want chips pop and chocolate bars for lunch and there parents will let them have it because they are too lazy and just want to be the kids best friend instead of standing there ground.

My neice's eat hot dogs and chicken nuggets more than anything else because they pitch a fit.

18. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, my folks were the same way.

There's something going on when children seem to be pickier now than ever before. There's also a growing contingent of parents who are claiming their kids have some sort of picky eating disability.

I figure the problem has something to do with how so many foods are now injected with some kind of sweetener to entice more eating. Your standard breads at the store have sweeteners added even.

A kid grows up on that stuff and it seems intuitively easy to see that the kid isn't going to like more whole foods that aren't packed with sweeteners and other stuff to motivate over-eating.

19. HowardsNeckFlap

HowardsNeckFlap New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    fat kids piss me off! look how arrogant he looks!

20. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    The new ME generation is too good/lazy for that kind of nonsense.