Kevin Trudeau apparently never 'memorized' the Federal Contempt statutes

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Phan Neepack, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember watching this shitheads infomercials after getting home from the bars on the weekends ... Wonder if he"ll be able to memorize the feel of the various penis-heads that'll soon be entering his anus

No sale: Jury convicts infomercial king Kevin Trudeau in less than 45 minutes

[​IMG]

He lied and lied and lied.
    But after years of living high on the hog as a best-selling author and smooth-talking pitchman, Kevin Trudeau’s fate was sealed Tuesday afternoon in about the time it takes to watch one of his fib-filled weight-loss infomercials.

A federal jury needed less than 45 minutes to find that Trudeau, 50, of Oak Brook, was guilty of criminal contempt of court when he “willfully misrepresented” the contents of his diet book, “The Weight-Loss Cure ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know About” in three TV ads broadcast in 2006 and 2007.
    Though Trudeau shamelessly claimed the book “is not a diet, is not portion control, is not calorie counting” and was a “simple” way to quickly lose up to 100 pounds or more, it in fact required a punishing 500-calorie daily limit; daily injections of a prescription hormone banned for use in diets; multiple colonic irrigation sessions, and strict adherence to dozens of bizarre and quackish rules, evidence showed.

The verdict likely signals a decisive turning point in the government’s decadelong battle to reign in the previously convicted credit card fraudster. In 2004, he agreed to a court-sanctioned deal with the Federal Trade Commission, promising not to make bogus claims about his books.
    Trudeau — who portrays himself as a fearless anti-government and anti-food industry campaigner with access to a suppressed “cure” for obesity — has long insisted he’s being unfairly targeted for speaking out.

http://www.suntimes.com/23709482-41...ng-kevin-trudeau-in-less-than-45-minutes.html

2. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Just saw that on the news. They said he faces between probation and life. Put in jail immediately as a flight risk.

Sucks to be him

3. Phan Neepack

Reputations:

He'll do some hefty time.. He already has a felony conviction, and has been nailed by the FTC several times... Dude just things hes above the law

4. Capn Crud

Capn Crud The Pride of Cucamonga VIP Gold

Reputations:
    He has harassed the judge for a couple years too. Told radio listeners to call the judge. I think that put him in jail for a week or so. That bought him a few extra years for sure

5. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    I was expecting a thread about a cartoonist.

6. crazypreacher

crazypreacher reDragon Gold

Reputations:
    Me too.

7. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  8. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What a total piece of shit this guy was. I never understood how this shithead was on the loose for this long still peddling those books.

9. Phan Neepack

Reputations:
    Maybe he'll off himself like this guy did

[​IMG]

10. TripTo My Taint

TripTo My Taint Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  11. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    I hope he gets big and fat in prison.