Entertainment Kimmoe effect: Emmy's has lowest ever ratings

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Vincenzo69, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Vincenzo69

Vincenzo69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    11 million viewers down from 17 million just 3 fucking years ago. Did you hear Stern defend this? This after the college fb playoffs bombed in the ratings after Kimmel became its spokesperson and consistently finishing 3rd behind Fallon and Colbert

When are the execs going to realize Kimmel sucks?

2. No. 2 Pencil

No. 2 Pencil "Shit Mult" VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I can't wait for Hollywood to fall into the Pacific

3. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    "Jimmy hosted the Emmys in my honor, Robin"

4. snowdog212

snowdog212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Robin Jimmy asked me to recreate when I interrupted his first wedding dance it would have been hilarious but I didnt wqnt to steql the spot light from aJimmy Im not like that Robin you there"

5. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Not interested in watching any award shows or hearing what some Hollywood ass has to say.

pdx1138, joemama, blindbella and 19 others like this.
  6. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    I wouldn't put this 100% on Kimmel. These Hollywood awards shows are increasingly (if that's possible) becoming notorious for their obsequious devotion and manipulative pandering to the whole litany of "diversity", "inclusivity" and "tolerance" based issues.

Admittedly, these largely made up and hugely overblown movements are massively important to the bicoastal elites (as well as the inner city denizens that they exploit and prey upon), but regular Americans have had an assfull of this nonsense. The ratings of these shows are reflective of this 'SJW fatigue' that's building across the country.

7. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    It's a slow build.

GCD1, Getoninja, Summer and 3 others like this.
  8. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's becoming more and more obvious that the way to win show business awards is to have or promote the "correct politics."

The public is figuring that out and tuning out the awards shows.

9. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Who the hell watches any of that crap?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  10. Shart Garfunkel

Shart Garfunkel I brought the magic suitcase Gold

Reputations:
    Robin, when I won my Blockbuster award for my movie, they wanted to make me the Emmy host for life. I just couldn't do it, Robin. I don't have the time. 100% of my time is put into the radio show, so I suggested they hire Jimmy, Robin.

nun puncher, Cookie_Puss and Tracy like this.
  11. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like Kimmel. I like his relaxed manner.

And, by the way, they want him for the Oscars

CCMaguire, Box of Rox and Tracy like this.
  12. blackcrystal61

blackcrystal61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Award shows for the most part are boring. Why any one would watch this shit is beyond me

13. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    People don't care about the Emmy's anymore. When I was young it was a must see event like the Oscars, but TV is shit now, so it doesn't matter. People don't care who's hosting a shitty show.

Mulletude and Cunt like this.
  14. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Oh, that's a nice headlock, sir. VIP

Reputations:
    I tuned in to one of them once and people were dancing around with top hats and canes, it was like hell.

crazycreep and blackcrystal61 like this.
  15. Tracy

Tracy Little Miss Sunshine VIP

Reputations:
    The Emmy's that night were up against Sunday night football which I believe was unusual. And something else wasn't it? I can't remember now. I don't think the ratings would have anything to do with the host per se anyway, since people either are curious about the awards or aren't:dontknow: I suppose if the host was that terrible you might change the channel...
    Anyway, I thought Jimmy did a good job hosting. The only thing I don't like about the guy is that he's friends with Howard. I just cannot figure that one out.

16. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree. I like Kimmel. I've enjoyed his work since the "Man Show". But I don't find it entertaining watching rich pampered out of touch SJWs lecture me about whatever the libtards decide is vogue for the week. So, bye bye.

I can't even watch ESPN anymore it has become so infected.

17. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ, can you make one post that isn't fucking political, and completely wrong

The reason the ratings are down, is because the networks don't give a fuck about them anymore, they don't get any of the awards, they don't promote them and the networks that don't air them, no longer air reruns, they air original programming --plus throw in Sunday night football, it's never going to get high ratings anymore.

Shoes and Tracy like this.
  18. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    So it's your contention that the network which airs the Emmys isn't promoting the event adequately because they know their original programming is less likely to win the awards? I guess I could see that being true on some level.

At the same time, regardless of how their other shows might fare, the network that airs the Emmys invests quite a bit of time and money into staging the production and I would think they'd still be motivated to get the highest rating number possible. As well, promoting the Emmys is a fairly trivial and inexpensive undertaking for them. I suspect, therefore, that the network has a general idea as to the size of their potential audience and adjusts their promotional campaign accordingly.

Sunday night football is certainly responsible for taking some of these viewers away (and thereby decreasing the pool of potential Emmys viewers to be targeted for promotion). I wouldn't disagree with that. But you're foolish to say I'm wrong in pointing out how politicized these award shows have become. The incessant social justice warrioring permeates all aspects of the program - from the promotion you've discussed, to the red carpet interviews, to the acceptance speeches and even the media interviews of the winners in the days and weeks following the broadcast. And while this may be preaching to the choir for a third of the country, it's banal to another third and downright anathema to the final third. So the networks have now created this paradigm where almost 70% of the nation is ambivalent at best about their awards show. I'd say that's at least as much responsible for the ratings decline as the airing of the fifth of six NFL games available for viewing each week on the networks or basic cable.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    monkeyboy69 likes this.
  19. Rnrgnster

Rnrgnster Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't even know the shit was on. I think Awards shows have had their day, no one gives a shit anymore

20. Homerj123

Homerj123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I never understood the appeal for Kimmel. I feel like him and Ryan Seacrest made a deal with the devil.

He went from co-hosting an ok show on comedy central, to singularly hosting a late night show, how'd that happen?

Don't get me started on the antichrist, Ryan Seacrest.

GCD1, Mulletude, BooeyBanana and 2 others like this.