Kinison week has to be a fuck you to Sirius

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by koclem, Apr 4, 2012.

1. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    I find it impossible to believe they can sell ad time for programming this bad, it's got to be a fuck you to Sirius.

2. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't know about that...I just know I haven't been listening... Tried for one day and had to bail...

3. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I haven't been listening but it can't be worse than the current Howard and Robin AGT infomercial.

4. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:
    The part I heard was far worse...

5. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bobo is loving it

6. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So fucking lazy, they have been playing Kinison repeats during vacation since the 1980s, the same tapes over and over and over every year. There's a tapes team. :rolleye:

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I usually listen to the old stuff because I missed it before. But I had to turn this stuff off 5 minutes in and listen to freaking Clark Howard tell stupid people how not to get fleeced financially instead on my $12 portable radio. Thanks Sirius.

8. Booey Logic

Booey Logic Member

Reputations:
    Fuck you to Sirius? It's a fuck you to his FANS. He's been trolling us for years now. Can't say I blame him too much, though.

9. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    The first few Kinison visits are interestingly prophetic.

Sam glosses over his last movie deal, but accurately describes himself as "Box Office Poison" because he had final script approval, didn't like the official script, wrote his own script (which we heard, from other, later sources, consisted of drugged out ravings on cocktail napkins and the backs of envelopes) which the production company rejected, so the producers canceled the movie and ended up suing Sam for the $5 million they wasted.

Ten years later, Howard became "Box Office Poison" in his own right, when he sued the production company for Jane.

The funniest part is, they both continued to lie their asses off concerning how great their next movie will be. During Sam's first several visits, he was constantly saying how he's going to have Howard star in his next movie, which will be huge. He even did this about 20 minutes after telling us he's Box Office Poison. Howard, after Jane, continued to spin his own delusions of grandeur concerning his next movie, how he keeps on rejecting scripts 'cause they're not good enough, but when he finds the right one, he'll get an Oscar for it.

Maybe that's why Howard and Sam got along so well? They're both full of shit.

10. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This. His head has gotten so big as well as his self-entitlement. Remember when he whined about his treatment on the plane this year? He's no different than any of the celebutards that get mocked on at DListed and Celebitchy.

11. Madipuppy

Madipuppy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Search s kinisom. Play.

Easy work for the staff makes a good special for them.

12. Boff Hog

Boff Hog New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Did not listen at all this week. Did not think they could get a whole week out of Kinison tapes.

13. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I tried listening yesterday in the truck. Couldn't make it past a few minutes. I'm convinced that the downfall of the Revolution was Howard getting the tapes. After that, nobody has had to write or produce a thing.
    Bait and switch, anyone?

14. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is a beautifuly packaged bag of shit. Sounds great but is nothing of the sort. Easy to pull all tape of one guest.

15. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    :thumbup2:

16. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    I just cant believe they dedicated an entire week to the guy, a day sure but not a fucking week. it makes no sense other than a fuck you.

17. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is actually depressing to listen to such outdated shit,,,, I think maybe a day of Sam would have been a nice gesture,,, but this full week is nothing more than lazy programming.

18. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    pretty much everything Howie does is a fuck you to Sirius. That good will a half $Billion buys didn't last long - at all. Howard's not too comfortable with getting along with- anyone :peace:

19. MissKitty

MissKitty Meow

Reputations:
    It is the same tapes over and over. Howie must charge a fortune to Sirius to play them since they are just repeats.

20. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They're not even pulling just the bits with Kinison, just playing the shows where Kinison was on. Laziness at its best but come Monday the show will be all about AGT for the first hour and then Howard will take calls from people who thought the Kinison week was the best ever and Howard will go on for another hour recapping everything that was played the week before and saying how hard the tapes team worked.
    I used to give Howard some leeway in the way he is now because afterall he is older and people do change but the way he truly does piss on his core fans is unbelieveable and pathetic.