Shop Now At Amazon

KISS Guitarist Ace Frehley Facing Foreclosure on $735k Mortgage

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rupert Pupkin, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I would have believed that the KISS rocker would have a steady stream of royalties with all of the LPs, then CD's touring and other royalties from the KISS Coffins, KISS Condoms and KISS Lunchboxes that Gene Simmons peddles.

Ex-KISS Guitarist Is On The Brink Of Losing His Upstate New York Home

[​IMG]By Mandi Woodruff | Business Insider – 3 hours ago

Right on the heels of the Lohan family's brush with foreclosure, a former KISS rocker is the latest celebrity in mortgage trouble.

Ace Frehley (nee Paul), who played guitar for KISS in the 80s and late 90s, is on the hook for $735,000 worth of missed mortgage payments on his Yorktown, N.Y. home, the The Journal News reports.

The news surfaced after his bank, U.S. Bank National Association, filed a foreclosure claim on Feb. 15.

And the mortgage issue is just the beginning.

Frehley has neglected nearly two years' worth of unpaid property taxes, according to the Journal News. That includes a "2011 lien of $5,131.61 for town and county taxes, as well as $13,425.94 for unpaid 2012 county, school and town taxes."

If Frehley can't come up with the cash, chances are the bank (or the county) will wind up selling the home at auction. And from what little information we have on his case, we're willing to bet that's exactly what Frehley wants.

Frehley reportedly stopped paying on the home two years ago, just a few years after he took over the title on the 3-acre, 2,441 sq. ft. pad back in 2006. Many underwater homeowners –– those who owe more on their homes than they are actually worth –– choose to cut their losses, stop making mortgage payments and simply wait for their mortgage lender to foreclose.

In the meantime, they can start putting their resources into a smaller home or apartment they can afford.

The foreclosure process can take anywhere from under a year to more than two years to complete, so it makes sense we're only hearing of Frehley's foreclosure notice now.

2. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Active Member

Reputations:
    Another article states that frehley's assistant is John ostrosky.

3. telecaster

telecaster Active Member

Reputations:
    I just read Peter Criss' new autobiography and even though him and Ace got fucked over by Gene and Paul, those two shitheads got to become multi-millionaires in the 70's...blow through all the money and then become multi-millionaires all over again with the never ending KISS reunion tour in the 90's. They still tour with the makeup on, and the last time I saw a Kiss show the people I talked to didn't even know that it wasn't Ace and Peter on stage and didn't believe me when I told them it was two other guys in the Catman/Space Ace makeup. Ace is a dumbfuck.

4. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gene has that much in his couch cushions :coffee:

5. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:

beth what can i do

6. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub Hater

Reputations:

cuz me an the boys wont be playin all night

7. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    is fairness, ace sold out to gene. he didnt have to.

also, i dont think hes losing it because be cant afford it, i think its because be doesnt feel its worth it.

i dont understand why a rich person doesnt pay cash for stuff when they have it though

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  8. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :lol:

9. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Why pay cash when banks fall all over themselves to make loans to these people at priority rates in order to get their private banking business. I'd be willing to bet that his financial problems started because he let some shithead invest his money and it all went bye bye.

10. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Fractured Mortgage.....

11. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ace wanted to Tour on his own.
    He Did.
    He played lots of Small Venues they were great for the DIE HARD Fan(which I am NOT).
    I went to see him live in Brooklyn(I believe)84-85ish. It was actually very good.

He was a FOOL for Leaving because of the "concept" albums.

When they Got back together for the "Farewell" tour...
    They(Ace & Peter) were NOT happy with the $$ split.
    Why should they get the same or even "similar" cut as the 2 that kept the band going (Paul & Gene)

12. telecaster

telecaster Active Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, they did sell out to Gene (Peter Criss' book is a hoot) and everyone knew it. KISS wasn't doing so hot without the makeup and the original members, and lets face it, KISS isn't the greatest band musically anyway. I think I'm more annoyed with their fans not knowing that neither Peter Criss and Ace Frehley haven't played with KISS in years...I almost got into a physical altercation with a guy who I was standing next to when I told him that Tommy Thayer was the guitarist. He grabbed me by my arm and got into my face and told me that "when Ace hits the stage, you'll be proven wrong because Ace plays licks that nobody else can play." He still was convinced that it was Ace onstage by the end of the show and looked at me and said "hate to say I told you so." Little did he know that it was Ace's former guitar tech onstage the entire time.

13. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He'll, no. Ace is my man!

14. Gena

Gena Member

Reputations:
    When will Sal address this ?

15. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dat's a good von!

16. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe I missed something but wasen't Kiss like kid pop band?

17. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gene is a fuckin marketing genius. He and Paul get all te cash on the bazillion if products out there. Name it and there's probably a version of it with the official kiss branded on it that you can buy through their website. Not to mention the income from the myriad of bands they discovered (I.e. van halen).

gene and Paul fucked over Peter and ace but I don't feel as bad for ace as I would for Peter. Ace was a druggie and threw away a fucking fortune. I didn't know he had a
    memiore. I'll have to read it.

i was lucky enough to see all four in makeup when they toured in the 90s. I've seen them before and since and it's no comparison to the original. I'm jealous of anyone that got o see them between 1970 and 1983 when they were in their hay day and still in makeup.

Finally, I remember runninninto Paul Stanley in Boston circa 2000. He had bad male pattern baldness, but still had the long hair. He was dressing for a show and teased the hair out. I must've caught him before he put in his hairpiece. Picture bozo the clown with jet black hair. Lol. Nature is a bitch sometimes.

18. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    But the weirdest thing about that concert was that people would dress up as them. I bumped into four people dressed as them while walking in the concourses. I didn't think twice about it until the Peter character smudged his makeup. Then, while Peter was singing Beth, he had the same smudge... It was the real group hiding in plain sight.

19. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    I still like this song. Makes for a good ringtone too.
    [video=youtube_share;L-4vMQOOiUY]http://youtu.be/L-4vMQOOiUY[/video]

20. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Active Member

Reputations:
    Who is John Ostrosky?

[​IMG]