Entertainment KISS leads fans in Pledge, donates $ and "roadie for a day" to vets

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MilkyDischarge, Sep 10, 2016.

1. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Kiss Had the Best Response We've Seen Yet to Colin Kaepernick's BLM Protest
    When I was a kid, I had friends whose parents wouldn't let them listen to Kiss. Some of them claimed that the band was Satanic -- the name supposedly stood for Knights in Satan's Service, or something to that effect. Others thought the makeup and costumes too decadent for young eyes, not to mention the music. My parents, God love 'em, must have been too oblivious to know much about them.

Well, it turns out that the guys from Kiss aren't so bad after all. In fact, they're one of the most patriotic bands in the rock world. Witness a recent show in Worcester, Massachusetts, where the band led the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance and played a blistering rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner. From Truth Revolt:

image.png

Kiss put their patriotism and love of our military in the forefront by giving Hiring Our Heroes $150,000 and selecting a current member of the National Guard or Reserve in all 32 cities of the tour to be a roadie for the day to work backstage with the crew and prepare for the evening’s concert. In addition, Kiss partnered with Veteran Tickets Foundation which offers discounted tickets to veterans. To top it all off, the band also gave $125,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project.
    But it gets better. At a recent stop in Worcester, Massachusetts, this week, Kiss brought its roadie for the day onstage, along with other members of the military past and present, and led the entire arena in the Pledge of Allegiance, something the band has done before. However, this one had a bit of a special message to a particular NFL player -- a not-so-subtle knock to the recent shenanigans by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, lead singer Paul Stanley said:

“You should remember, patriotism is always cool. Loving your country is always cool. Standing up, respecting and honoring our military is always cool. So, to show some respect between pick-throwing, we’re going to put our right hands over our hearts and why don’t we say the Pledge of Allegiance.”

You might find yourself tempted to think that Kiss is jumping on an easy bandwagon by making digs at Kaepernick and his ilk, but for Kiss, moments like the one in Worcester are part of a long line of patriotism on the part of the band. For the last several years, Kiss has donated $1 of every ticket sold to the Wounded Warrior Project, and in 2011 alone, they raised half a million dollars.

Kiss has included patriotism and tributes to the U.S. military and veterans for years as well. I've found clips on YouTube dating back as far as 2004 in which Stanley and the rest of the band show their love for the red, white, and blue and the men and women who have fought to defend it.

2. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

babybear and No. 2 Pencil like this.
  3. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:

Milky I'm a little taken aback.
    You made a patriotic post about an iconic American rock and roll band and not one mention or reference about sex, perverse or otherwise.
    Good to see the lighter side of you.

(Now do your research and tells us the details about Paul Stanley's fetish for well hung power bottom groupies).

WUT7272G7C and MilkyDischarge like this.
  4. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

babybear and No. 2 Pencil like this.
  5. No. 2 Pencil

No. 2 Pencil "Shit Mult" VIP

Reputations:
    :salute:

babybear likes this.
  6. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Gimmick shit band

7. SRD

SRD Member

Reputations:
    I was at that show, it felt a little cheesy to be honest.

8. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
  9. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I saw the Gene Simmons on Dan Rathers "Big Interview"...........And honestly, I wish he was running for POTUS.........Trump should make him an advisor.............

Doberman862 likes this.
  10. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    No doubt.......Was a teen when they broke.... I was into UFO, Rush, Zepp, Floyd.........And all my friends lost their minds to KISS.......I was all WTF?

11. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I got suckered into paying to see them in one of their last 25 farewell tours.

Dorb likes this.
  12. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    love those dudes still rockin

TheWonk likes this.
  13. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  14. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:

KISS was my life when I was a kid. But I do understand the backlash of later years. They became even more ridiculous as they went on, and by the 80's they were embarrassing. And now they are putting the makeup on imposters, it's a complete joke. But this clip here is why I loved them, heavy as fuck, freaky for the time too. They could have hung on to SOME credibility, but sold out quickly, and aren't ashamed of it at all.

TheWonk likes this.
  15. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm curious who has the better portfolio of poon.

16. diggitydank1968

diggitydank1968 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Thanks for the clip. I completely agree with you. As a kid in 1975, I was totally engrossed by the whole act. Dressed To Kill is still one of my favorite albums. Not a bad track on it. Saw them in St Louis in 1979. Some unknown guy named John Cougar opened the show. Great performance. I checked out after Dynasty when I discovered LZ, Rush and Deep Purple, but still respect what they did. Those who are too young to remember the 70's probably have no idea why anyone liked them back in the day.

greenchiclets likes this.
  17. pdx1138

pdx1138 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I too grew up with (late) 70's KISS, I remember listening to Destroyer when it came out. My brother had all the albums up to that current time.

a decade later I had the destroyer poster on the back of my bed room door...I knew my step dad didn't approve. One day he told me to remove it
    as he didn't want my much younger half brother and sister to see those "satanic fuckers" his words...
    He's still an asshole sometimes to this day.