KitTea Crowdfunding

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  2. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    So how does this work? I send them money, and I get nothing?

Sounds like my Christmas gift strategy for my extended family.

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Human Fund but for cats...and tea?
    :bigthink

4. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    I used to buy expensive Christmas gifts for my nutty liberal sister. She would hand me a card saying she donated $50 in my name to some shitty African famine charity.

So I spent money at the mall for her, and she bought ammo in my name for some skinny Somalian so he could take a ship hostage.

5. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Nemo knows cat charities. He traps, spays/neuters abandoned cats.

6. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Will Nemo be adding a $7 million playroom to his house for cat activities?

7. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
  8. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    How many millions has this Country donated to Africa or Somalia - nothing changes.

9. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    To be fair, he mainly just traps and abandons.

10. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Edit: never mind.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  11. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    A shoelace and a small ball of aluminum foil are the most popular toys in the house.

12. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    He saves what he can. It is still better to "trap, spay, release" than do nothing. At least it cuts down on the population and they have shots.

13. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Haiti is fixed....right Robin?
    Wyclef got wealthy from Haiti.
    :facepalm:

14. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    That's not true. They have far better weapons than they once had, and now they hijack ships and get paid millions in ransom.

15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I told my family "no gifts" at Christmas because it was stupid that a bunch of upper middle class people all wasted $50-$100 every year on something nobody wanted, and nobody put any effort into it anyway. (Anybody want a free "yankee candle" plastic CD rack, or huge oversized grilling tools in a case, btw?).

They didn't listen and kept buying us stupid throwaway shit so we started giving them donation cards like that. My brother and father aren't big on pets so I made sure theirs were for animal charities. But everyone got a card saying I gave their gift to someone else who needed it more.

That fixed the problem. Well, my dad was a holdout. I would always carefully select some gift that referenced his interests or past, such as a book of photos of Atlanta during the time he was growing up. Or a history of his college. Shit like that. He would, year after year, just give you an envelope of cash (actually he never gave it to you, he mailed it or had my mom hand it over, like he's Don Corleone and needs a buffer or something). He did this like you're perpetually 19 and need money desperately, which was ridiculous as it shows zero effort or knowledge of the recipient, and is actually insulting at some point to someone who is middle aged, comfortable, and who has made it clear he's not into "stuff" for Christmas anyway. The last year he did it, I cut his cash into confetti and mailed it back to him. He loves money. It's his world. He got the message. Never said a word.

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    If you read the details of the tactical problem involved in "hijacking" a modern container ship, the whole thing is really ludicrous.

1. The "pirates" cannot physically stop or board a ship worthy of hijacking w/o it's cooperation. They are too big, too tall, and too capable of simply turning away and burning off the pirate's fuel before any gunfire from could do serious damage. Even an RPG into a 50,000 ton ship with a double hull is unlikely to do much.

2. The shipping companies made the calculation that the fuel saved by plowing through waters closer to the coast are worth paying the occasional ransom and risking their crews' lives.

3. For liability and other reasons, they instruct the crews to just stop the ship and go hide. They refuse to allow them to mount weaponry that would easily disable or sink the pirate boats.

4. This is happening far off the coast, away from routine small boat traffic. The ship has radar and can spot an aggressor many miles away from its course and speed, and it could simply turn away, and the boat would consume so much fuel trying to overtake it they'd give up. When they got close, another turn would cause yet another adjustment. It would take hours for them to get close enough to fire on the ship, long enough for assistance to arrive if the whole thing was about saving ships from pirates.

The entire thing is a joke, and strikes me as a pretext to maintain military forces in an area where western nations have no reason to be there. It's akin to a guy on a moped trying to hijack your 6,000 lb F250 4x4.

17. MyLazyHand

Reputations:
    Umm...SL.

If it wasn't possible to hijack ships, how is it that so many ships are being hijacked?

18. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why do all cat behaviorist look like this? Is this a new trend like Steamed Punk?

19. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    This Cat Tea House looks like a good place to hang out away from any threatening demographic. Could catch on.