Kudos to the New York Post!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For reviving the word "Bum"

Harkens back to when i was a kid..

Bums think de Blasio is the best mayor ever
    By Frank Rosario, Melkorka Licea and Bruce Golding

July 14, 2015 | 12:44am

Modal Trigger
    [​IMG]
    Homeless citizens like Phil Zasel says thanks to de Blasio, it's the best time to be homeless. Photo: Chad Rachman; Reuters

Bums across the city hailed Mayor de Blasio on Monday for relaxing enforcement against homeless panhandlers, saying it hasn’t been this good for them in years.

“I want to thank de Blasio for taking it easy on us. It’s easier for me to get by.

Because of him, nobody bothers me,” said Phil Zasel, 63, who was hanging out near Bellevue Hospital with several sacks of belongings.

“It’s better out here now. It’s the best time to be homeless. The weather is nice. I feel like I’m in California. So I’d rather be out here until it gets cold.”

“It’s not like 10 or 20 years ago, when I would get harassed by police all the time,” Zasel added.

“People just leave me alone, and I get some money sometimes, too.”

A similar sentiment was expressed by a filthy, toothless vagrant begging for change outside the Metro-North train station at 125th Street in Harlem.

The man, who identified himself as “Brown,” age 50, said he is much happier with de Blasio as mayor.

“Things have improved,” he said. “Cops are nicer. They let us be more.”

Directly under the tracks nearby, about two dozen other homeless people were sleeping in or stumbling around an encampment littered with layers of cardboard, a stained futon and rotting food remnants.

The gross spectacle outraged local residents and commuters at the station.

“This is disgusting. There’s no excuse for this. I’ve lived in Harlem all my life, and I’m sick and tired of this,” said Calvin Hunt, 53, a community activist who was handing out fliers against synthetic marijuana.

A 45-year-old Westchester man who rides the rails to his job as a social worker said his wife no longer feels safe near the station.

“What kills me is that I pay $225 a month to take the train. It’s a beautiful ride here, but when I get off it’s just depressing” he said.

Another commuter from Connecticut who has been using the station for 30 years lay the blame directly “at the foot of de Blasio.”

“I think the problems come from the top. [Ex-Mayor Rudy] Giuliani wouldn’t tolerate this,” said the man, who identified himself as Keith W., 58.

Speaking about street people Monday, de Blasio said, “Any individual who breaks the law will be penalized.”

“It could be an arrest. It could be a summons. It could be other activity,” he said.

2. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    color coordinated hobos

don't see that everyday

3. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Who remembers NYC in the 70's. You had to step over homeless people to get anywhere in the Port Authority. Looks like we're head back that way. Maybe disco will make a comeback too?

Tish, Pooh bear, stanggirl and 8 others like this.
  4. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    I remember the human turds all over the steps leading from the parking garage to Yankee Stadium. Like little welcome mats to us Jersey bums

5. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    "It's the best time to be homeless" :jj:

6. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    di blasio is doing a wonderful job of taking NYC back to those fabulous dinkin days. what an inept clown.

7. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    More bums to terrorize Wiggy and Beth. Ronnie better bring his A-game.

8. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I moved to NYC during Dinkins years..Loads of squeegee dudes, tons of homeless. Hells Kitchen was still hellish, but getting better. So many of the homeless people are severely mentally ill. They should not be on the streets at all. You can't make people take meds..Its a very scary situation..Where do you put them after a night in the clink??

RonHeinzkaboot likes this.
  9. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is a great sign. Hopefully the drug dealers and gang members that are transplants to my area will move back home soon.

RonHeinzkaboot and Rescued Owl like this.
  10. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A huge issue in cities everywhere that nobody seems to be willing to address. There are thousands of these people who in the grand scheme of things are pretty much forgotten about. It isn't that they are lazy, inherently bad, or any of that. It's more a matter of their brains just don't work and they can't function in a society. What do you do with them?

stanggirl, Famous, Zach and 2 others like this.
  11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It is being addressed. Guiliani addressed it one way and Deblazio is addressing it this way. It is by design.

12. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    "said Calvin Hunt, 53, a community activist who was handing out fliers against synthetic marijuana."

:jj:

Weed, ApeFace and Father O'Blivion like this.
  13. SkibbieSkibs

SkibbieSkibs Active Member

Reputations:
    Man, that is terrible journalism.

New York will be fine

scoobyla likes this.
  14. Nick Mondo

Nick Mondo VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was the last generation to enjoy the grimey NYC and was quite fond of it. Then again i was 14 or 15 at the time and loved it cause i could get served at any bar or walk into any strip club without being bothered or ID'd.

stanggirl, tired, GIRLY and 2 others like this.
  15. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it got this thread started. thats all they care.

16. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's the most wonderful time, of the year.

[​IMG]

:wtf:

GIRLY and Dump Button like this.
  17. SkibbieSkibs

SkibbieSkibs Active Member

Reputations:
    True, and that is sad

scoobyla likes this.
  18. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We're getting tougher (finally) we will gladly send them up to NY.

Palm Beach County bans panhandling, fundraising on roads
    Panhandlers, fundraisers and campaigners will have to stay off Palm Beach County roads and medians under new rules to keep people from mingling with traffic.
    Anyone collecting money, passing out pamphlets or waving signs would have to stay on sidewalks and road shoulders and can no longer wander among lined-up cars at busy intersections.

Breaking the rules could trigger penalties up to a $500 fine or 60 days in jail, though the Sheriff's Office maintains that warnings will come before handcuffs and tickets

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-palm-panhandle-ban-20150623-story.html

19. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Please send us leaders like yours, NYC.

20. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    DiBlasio was elected mayor in an election with one of the lowest voter turnouts in NYC history. People realized that neither candidate was any damn good - Joe Lhota was a nobody from nowhere - so they threw up their hands and waited for the inevitable fall of NYC. I'm not a NYC resident so I didn't get to vote.

NYC had a great 20 year run during the Giuliani-Bloomberg era (except during 9/11, which was a federal failure, not a city failure). It's over now. Back to reality.

GIRLY likes this.