Last fight you had?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    15 years ago until Tuesday. Punk 18yo @ the park (basketball). I was going to walk away and got suckered punched. So we rolled around. They made remarks about going again...:rolleye:

2. Lance Murdock

Lance Murdock Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    8th grade. I won. Official record at retirement 3-1...but I avenged my loss.

3. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    i opened up the door and saw my Becky cryin'.
    The torn dress, the shattered look was more than i could stand.

The Gatlin boys just laughed at me when i walked into the barroom.
    One of them got up and met me halfway 'cross the floor.
    When i turned around they said, "Hey look! ol' yellow's leavin'."
    But you coulda heard a pin drop when i stopped and locked
    The door.

Twenty years of crawlin' was bottled up inside me.
    i wasn't holdin' nothin' back; i let 'em have it all.
    When i left the barroom not a Gatlin boy was standin'.

4. Morrisb

Reputations:
    lol Mine was 10-3 in grade school. I have glasses. So things came up.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  5. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    i don't have fights. they're low class and i don't feel the need to establish superiority over anyone. also my understanding of fights is that both participants are supposed to leave alive; i never saw the point in that.

6. Morrisb

Reputations:
    Exactly. I tried to walk away. But, defense is a thing that came up. Part of the reason for posting is still making sense of it in my head.

7. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    Joe Corsin at the stage delicatessen. I LEFT HIM FOR DEAD!

8. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    With a former coworker at a bar who had previously threatened to beat my ass while on the job.
    He again threatened me, and considering he was about 6'1" and 220, and I'm about 5'8" and 165? I charged him, got a death grip on his windpipe and bent him backwards over a table preparing to pound him with my free arm.
    But it was broken up, and he was thrown out. I've seen him several times since then, and he's all, "Hey, what's going on?"

90% of a fight is what happens between the ears of your opponent. Let them think you're a little bit crazy and it throws them off their game.

9. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    i differentiate between fights and self-defense. someone jumps you, its not a "fight"; its always a defend or die situation. only on tv does someone jump you out of the blue and both people walk away alive. irl somebody attacks you, either you kill him or he kills you.

the way the current laws are written, if you successfully defend yourself and your attacker lives, you risk being sued. if he doesn't live, most prosecutors don't want to bother attacking a self-defense case they cannot refute. also, if the attack wasn't random, you eliminate the attacker's second chance to get it right. irl only the police are trained to shoot to subdue.

10. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    during the late 1970s, the soon to be married to my parents' day-nurse called while drunk, and in police custody, to threaten my father (fully disabled). in front of two state troopers he told my father he was going to get his knives from his mother's home and "get him". i came to terms with what i would and would not do that day. the two state troopers came over to ask my father if he wanted to press charges since they were witnesses (they actually begged him to press charges because the guy liked to fight cops when drunk...).

the cops "explained" to me how it would not be a chargeable offense in NJ if the guy showed up at the house, and had to be carried out afterward.

11. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    should have made certain of it, and the stage deli's corned beef is to die for.

12. Morrisb

Reputations:
    Someone said let it go. Be the adult file charges and find somewhere else.

Ego says don't stop going to the park over assholes, Round 2.

Because of the age difference it's not good either way.

13. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Coward of the County" by Kenny Rogers. One of his more underrated songs, IMHO.

14. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    13 years ago. This guy was stealing stuff from houses in my parents' neighborhood and I see him walking down the street walking a bike with an outboard motor laying across the handlebars (?)

I call out to him asking him where he got the motor, he dumps the bike, and takes off running. I chase after him across this field, he stops, winded, and pulls out a carpenters knife on me. I back away, but he bends over facing me to catch his breath. I hit him with an uppercut, then a right to the face when he straigtens up. Down goes, Frazier!

This Mexican guy who lived down the street from my parents comes rushing over and starts kicking the shit outta the guy. I start laughing, but call 911 and the cops come out and eventually arrest the guy.

I go to my parent's house and start patching up my bloodied knuckles. My little brother comes over and after my ex-wife tells him the story of what just happened, he starts laughing so hard I swear I thought he was gonna have a heart attack!

15. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    7th grade. won and it's still talked about. it was a real fight, i was punching the fucker in the face. he drew blood, but only because he scratched me with his nails. he also tore my anthrax shirt. that was my only fight. every other time someone started shit, they ended up backing down. i would've probably gotten my ass kicked in a couple of those, though.

16. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    6th grade. Some kid punched me in the back of the head in the bathroom between classes. I turned around and beat the shit out of him. In front of three other kids.

His attack was kind of justified. I had been making fun of him and he was a new kid in school. But the fact that he hit me in the back of my head pissed me off. Afterwards, I stopped making fun of him. Some friends wanted to tease him about the whole thing, but I realized that it was just a stupid thing to do.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  17. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    About two months ago.

Me and a buddy were leaving our favourite bar, leaving behind one of the town's professional alcoholics to close the place. Neither of us is taller than 5'4", but I'm pretty stocky and close to 190 (mostly fat, but not all), and the alkie is about 5'10" and reasonably fit, except for his liver. As we leave, we hear shouts from the windows, and we go back to find him cursing out a mutual friend of all of ours who had recently split up with her boyfriend, caller her an ugly cunt, fuck you, etc... in other words, he waited for us to leave before this was to happen.

We try to cool him down and get him to realize how fucked up it all is, and it almost gets through... and then he hauls off and tries to grab her. I took him down and basically tried to tie him up, he got in a couple of rabbit punches, but my buddy kicked him him the nuts at least four times to no effect, that's how drunk he was. We eventually separate, and we find out a couple of weeks later that he was a wife abuser. We never saw him again and another two weeks after that, we found out his wife finally divorced him.

18. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Does stabbing someone in the neck with a screwdriver who leaned into my car window count?

If so, two summers ago :coffee:

19. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I beat my meat a couple days ago. Does that count?

20. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Regretfully, I never got into a fight at school. I really needed to.

I've been out of HS since 1989, and there are people who made my life such hell when I was there, I wouldn't hesitate to fuck them up now if I saw them. Lots of repressed memories that therapy couldn't possibly fix