Last great segment.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Snort, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    I'm listening to the Booie first pitch fiasco. It's so fucking funny. Artie laughing like that cracks me the fuck up. I'll admit I've enjoyed stuff after this, but not on this level.
    In your opinion, what was the last great segment? And if Howard had retired after the first Sirius contract, woukd his legacy have been in tact?

Senator Rick and Jayla like this.
  2. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:

This was the last time I laughed at THSS. And while laughing, I was thinking "this is actually funny!" And the people in the listening thread were also surprised it was funny. That's when I realized how unfunny the show had become.

Snort, 800dollarwine and Senator Rick like this.
  3. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    To be honest, I thought the Cosby limo driver bit was lol funny at times. Just nowhere near the level of the old days. Howard seemed more empowered using that harmonizer.

4. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I haven't listened in a few years. Auto tony was def the last time I laughed.

Snort likes this.
  5. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This was probably one of the last funny things on the show

Snort likes this.
  6. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is from when the show still had balls too

Snort likes this.
  7. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Richard getting his bikini wax was the funniest thing I ever heard on Sirius. I can't honestly remember anything entertaining since Artie left. Some of the stuff on Sternthology is great - they recently played the clips where Robin was on Jeopardy (What is Pon?) and when they busted her about the huge photo of herself she has hanging in her house. The show was so much better when goofing on Robin was allowed and there were other voices in the studio besides her and Howard.

Snort likes this.
  8. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't hear the Sirius era until a few years ago when I ran across them on Youtube. I don't know how to judge it because I was basically hearing the greatest hits of that time but they were good. I can remember them...Artie vs High Pitch Mike....stuff like that.

After Artie's era there might be a few things.

His last great segment to me is becoming what he would have destroyed...a boring interview guy that got mixed up in a cult with a wife that should have been included in the IQ competition...and finding this place to laugh at it all with others.

To me...this place is the old stern show now and he is the one being goofed on...his wife is the new whack packer...

9. Angry Arab

Angry Arab Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie laughing at High-pitch Mike going to Disneyland by himself during gay week or whatever... funniest shit ever on THSS.

10. Stu Blumpkin

Stu Blumpkin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The sad thing is anything post divorce is second rate compared to before. The years with Jackie and Billy West hands down the best.