Last Words of Death Row - Texas

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Diogenes1, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Diogenes1

Diogenes1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Prior Occupation
    Laborer

Prior Prison Record
    Federal Prison, Leavenworth, Illegal Possession of Firearms, Discharged 1968
    TDCJ #214019, Discharged in 1975

Summary of Incident
    Brooks went to a car lot under the pretense of wanting to test drive a car. A mechanic accompanied him on the drive. Brooks stopped to pick up a co-defendant. The mechanic was put in the trunk of the car. Brooks and his co-defendant went to a motel. The mechanic was brought out of the trunk and taken into a motel room. The mechanic was bound with coat hangers, gagged with adhesive tape, and shot in the head, causing his death. Brooks and the co-defendant fled the scene.

Co-Defendants

Woody Loudres

Race and Gender of Victim

White Male

Date of Execution:

December 7, 1982

Offender:

Charlie Brooks, Jr. #592

Last Statement:

Statement to the Media: I, at this very moment, have absolutely no fear of what may happen to this body. My fear is for Allah, God only, who has at this moment the only power to determine if I should live or die... As a devout Muslim, I am taught and believe that this material life is only for the express purpose of preparing oneself for the real life that is to come... Since becoming Muslim, I have tried to live as Allah wanted me to live.

Spoken:
    Yes, I do.
    I love you.
    Asdadu an la ilah illa Allah,
    Asdadu an la ilah illa Allah,
    Asdadu anna Muhammadan Rasul Allah,
    Asdadu anna Muhammadan Rasul Allah.
    I bear witness that there is no God but Allah.
    I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
    Inna li-Allah wa-inna ilayhi rajiun.
    Verily unto Allah do we belong, Verily unto him do we return.
    Be strong.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  2. Oderus

Oderus Going to hell VIP

Reputations:
    what does that have to do with animalgod?

3. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    Date of Execution:
    March 30, 1984

Offender:

Ronald Clark O’Bryan #529

Last Statement:
    What is about to transpire in a few moments is wrong! However, we as human beings do make mistakes and errors. This execution is one of those wrongs yet doesn’t mean our whole system of justice is wrong. Therefore, I would forgive all who have taken part in any way in my death. Also, to anyone I have offended in any way during my 39 years, I pray and ask your forgiveness, just as I forgive anyone who offended me in any way. And I pray and ask God’s forgiveness for all of us respectively as human beings. To my loved ones, I extend my undying love. To those close to me, know in your hearts I love you one and all. God bless you all and may God’s best blessings be always yours. Ronald C. O’Bryan P.S. During my time here, I have been treated well by all T.D.C. personnel.

Lethal Injection
    O'Bryan took at least 10 minutes to die after the chemicals began to be injected. Throughout much of those ten minutes he was fully conscious and complained of pain. This was caused by the catheters clogging so delaying the transmission of the chemicals. It is also probable that the needle either did not enter the vein or passed through it. When the lethal chemicals enter the muscles instead they cause considerable pain.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  4. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[h=2]Last Statement[/h]Date of Execution:
    October 30, 1984

Offender:

Thomas Barefoot #621

Last Statement:

When asked if he had a last statement, he replied, "Yes, I do."I hope that one day we can look back on the evil that we’re doing right now like the witches we burned at the stake. I want everybody to know that I hold nothing against them. I forgive them all. I hope everybody I’ve done anything to will forgive me. I’ve been praying all day for Carl Levin’s wife to drive the bitterness from her heart because that bitterness that’s in her heart will send her to Hell just as surely as any other sin. I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever done to anybody. I hope they’ll forgive me. "Sharon, tell all my friends goodbye. You know who they are: Charles Bass, David Powell…" Then he coughed and nothing else was said.

5. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[h=2]Last Statement[/h]
    Date of Execution:

January 16, 1985

Offender:

Doyle Skillern #518

Last Statement:

I pray that my family will rejoice and will forgive, thank you.

6. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

March 13, 1985

Offender:

Stephen Peter Morin #712

Last Statement:
    Heavenly Father, I give thanks for this time, for the time that we have been together, the fellowship in your world, the Christian family presented to me (He called the names of the personal witnesses.). Allow your holy spirit to flow as I know your love as been showered upon me. Forgive them for they know not what they do, as I know that you have forgiven me, as I have forgiven them. Lord Jesus, I commit my soul to you, I praise you, and I thank you.

7. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  8. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[h=2]Last Statement[/h]Last Statement:
    This offender declined to make a last statement.

9. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

July 9, 1985

Offender:

Henry Porter #551

Last Statement:
    I want to thank Father Walsh for his spiritual help. I want to thank Bob Ray (Sanders) and Steve Blow for their friendship. What I want people to know is that they call me a cold-blooded killer when I shot a man that shot me first. The only thing that convicted me was that I am a Mexican and that he was a police officer. People hollered for my life, and they are to have my life tonight. The people never hollered for the life of the policeman that killed a thirteen-year-old boy who was handcuffed in the back seat of a police car. The people never hollered for the life of a Houston police officer who beat up and drowned Jose Campo Torres and threw his body in the river. You call that equal justice. This is your equal justice. This is America’s equal justice. A Mexican’s life is worth nothing. When a policeman kills someone he gets a suspended sentence or probation. When a Mexican kills a police officer this is what you get. From there you call me a cold-blooded murderer. I didn’t tie anyone to a stretcher. I didn’t pump any poison into anybody’s veins from behind a locked door. You call this justice. I call this and your society a bunch of cold-blooded murderers. I don’t say this with any bitterness or anger. I just say this with truthfulness. I hope God forgives me for all my sins. I hope that God will be as merciful to society as he has been to me. I’m ready, Warden.

11. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

September 11, 1985

Offender:

Charles Rumbaugh #555

Last Statement:
    D.J., Laurie, Dr. Wheat, about all I can say is goodbye, and for all the rest of you, although you don’t forgive me for my transgressions, I forgive yours against me. I am ready to begin my journey and that’s all I have to say.

12. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[h=2]Last Statement[/h]
    Date of Execution:

April 12, 1986

Offender:

Charles William Bass #662

Last Statement:
    I deserve this. Tell everyone I said goodbye.

13. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

May 15, 1986

Offender:

Jay Kelly Pinkerton #686

Last Statement:

"Be strong for me," Pinkerton told his father, Gene Pinkerton, as witnesses entered the execution chamber. "I want you to know I’m at peace with myself and with my God," Pinkerton said. He recited a prayer to Allah, the supreme being of Islam. "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah. With your praise I ask for forgiveness and I return unto you," Pinkerton said. "I love you, Dad."

14. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

August 20, 1986

Offender:

Randy L. Woolls #646

Last Statement:
    Goodbye to my family; I love all of you, I’m sorry for the victim’s family. I wish I could make it up to them. I want those out there to keep fighting the death penalty.

15. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

August 22, 1986

Offender:

Larry Smith #643

Last Statement:
    Tell my mother I love her and continue on without me. God bless her. Tell the guys on death row to continue their struggle to get off death row. That’s about it.

16. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[h=2]Last Statement[/h]
    Date of Execution:

December 4, 1986

Offender:

Michael Wayne Evans #608

Last Statement:
    I want to say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done and I hope I’m forgiven. I don’t hold nothing against no one – Everyone has treated me well and I know it’s not easy for them – That’s all, I’m sorry.

17. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    [TABLE="class: tabledata_deathrow_table, width: 799"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow"]Name[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]Hernandez, Ramon Pedro[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]TDCJ Number[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]667[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Date of Birth[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]03/02/1942[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Date Received[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]09/30/1980[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Age (when Received)[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]38[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Education Level (Highest Grade Completed)[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]9[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Date of Offense[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]06/20/1980[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: left"] [/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Age (at the time of Offense)[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]38[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]County[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]El Paso[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Race[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]Hispanic[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 20%"] [/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Gender[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]Male[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Hair Color[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]Black[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Height[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]5 ft 3 in[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Weight[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]130[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Eye Color[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]Brown[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Native County[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"]El Paso[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tabledata_bold_align_right_deathrow, width: 50%, align: right"]Native State[/TD]
    [TD="class: tabledata_align_left_deathrow, width: 50%, align: left"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Prior Occupation
    Welder

Prior Prison Record

#188278 on an 3-year sentence for possession of a narcotic drug; discharged sentence 10/02/1967.

Summary of Incident

Hernandez was convicted of capital murder in the June 20, 1980 shooting death of Oscar Martin Frayre, a mechanic at a gas station in El Paso. Frayre, who was staying overnight at the station, was shot three times after Hernandez broke in and robbed the station.

Co-Defendants

None

Race and Gender of Victim

Unknown male

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Another lovely, uplifting thread, brought to you, courtesy of the Saloon. :wigtip:

[​IMG]

19. geo

geo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    lol texas. lol death row. :cheer:

20. Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins Member

Reputations:
    Amanda! :cheer: