News Lather, Rinse, Shoot Non-Cooperating Black Man

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheLACritic, Sep 28, 2016.

1. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Looks like the media got another story to fan their racial divisiveness narrative. This story has it all, non-cooperating man, threatening, "unarmed," lying witnesses, angry protesters, and sad family.

IMG_7453.JPG IMG_7449.JPG

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tests-circumstances-remain-unclear/?tid=sm_fb

Police in El Cajon, Calif., about 15 miles northeast of San Diego, fatally shot a black man outside Los Ponchos Mexican restaurant in a strip mall after responding to a call Tuesday afternoon that he was acting in an “erratic” manner.

In a press release, El Cajon police said the man, who remained unnamed, pulled an unidentified object, which was not a firearm, from his pants pocket and assumed “what appeared to be a shooting stance.” At this point, officers fired on the man. He has “passed away as a result of his injuries.”

Police released a frame grab from a video of the scene that appears to show the man with arms thrust forward and hands clasped together as two officers confront him with weapons drawn.

The victim’s name has not been released.

A crowd gathered in the parking lot to protest the shooting, which follows fatal shootings this month of black men by police in Tulsa and Charlotte.

In a press release and press conference, El Cajon Police Chief Jeff Davis said police received calls just after 2 p.m. Pacific time concerning a man acting “erratically.” His behavior involved walking into traffic.

When two officers — neither of them named by police — approached the man, who wore a black tank top and blue jeans, the man refused to comply with orders from police to remove his hands from his pocket.

At this point one of the officers drew a his firearm, while the other drew a “less lethal electronic control device.”

The man “rapidly drew an object from his front pants pocket, placed both hands together and extended them rapidly toward the officer taking up what appeared to be a shooting stance,” police said. While the object remains unidentified, Davis said it was not a firearm.

At this point, both officers fired their weapons simultaneously. It is unclear if the discharge from the electronic control device struck the man.

He was shot several times by the officer with the firearm, police say.

The officers have been placed on three-day administrative leave.

A Los Ponchos employee reportedly caught the shooting on a cellphone video, which the worker turned over to police. The department has released the following still from the video, which shows the victim in a “shooting stance.”

told The San Diego Union-Tribune that the victim suffered from mental illness.

A video of the immediate aftermath of the shooting was uploaded to Facebook Live by Rumbie Mubaiwa. The footage shows a woman, reportedly the sister of the victim, wailing uncontrollably and repeating the phrase, “You just killed my brother,” “They killed my brother,” and “You guys just killed my brother in front of me.”

“I called you to help me, but you killed my brother,” the sister said.

“They didn’t even tell her if his brother was still alive,” Mubaiwa said on the video.

In a recorded interview with KNSD, Michael Rodriguez, who claimed to be 15 to 20 feet away from the shooting, said, “I see a black male coming out with his hands up.”

According to Rodriguez, three officers approached the black male. When the man attempted to run, Rodriguez said they fired five shots into his torso.

But the victim’s sister told KNSD that her brother wasn’t showing his hands to police and wasn’t complying with the police’s orders.

A Los Ponchos employee reportedly caught the shooting on a cellphone video, which the worker turned over to police.

In May, the El Cajon police department announced it would be outfitting its officers with body cameras, but this program has not yet been implemented.

In a tweet, El Cajon police said the video “based on the video voluntarily provided by a witness, the subject did NOT have his hands in the air.”

Witnesses originally reported that police confiscated cellphones from those in the area, which prompted the San Diego ACLU to release a statement which read, in part:

… by seizing phones, police would likely be preventing the dissemination of video captured by bystanders. The public has the right to film police in public places, and police officers may not confiscate or demand to view your digital photos or video without a warrant. Under no circumstances may police officers delete your photos or videos.

Police denied the claims in a tweet and later in a press conference.

A crowd began gathering in the parking lot of the restaurant on Tuesday afternoon and remained there later in the evening.

RONNIE THE CLAW and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  2. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Lots of blacks calling in sick to their workplaces today so they can go peacefully protest, I betcha.

The Snork, Getoninja, Wiggy and 6 others like this.
  3. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Will they stage a walk-out protest from their college classes?

Oh wait.....

4. Dr Congo

Dr Congo Active Member

Reputations:
    Look's like suicide by cop to me.
    A man is acting ''erratcally'' and when the police arrive he pretends to pull a gun on them to get them to shoot.
    Case closed.

The Snork, reno, Macro57 and 7 others like this.
  5. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    "Excuse me while I whip dis out!"

6. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Every cop needs to be covered in cameras. And they should be using glue guns, nets, tasers, flash grenades, drones, dogs, and other less than lethal weapons along with standard firearms. Get rid of the armored humvees, stop with playing army and get a little futuristic.

7. Blackened

Blackened Commitment to Excellence

Reputations:
    he a good boi dindu nuffin

8. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  9. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    the article quotes a witness named Michelle Rodriguez who says she saw the man with his hands up attempting to run...

And another city will burn because of lying cunts like this.

10. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is that Mr T? :eek:

TheLACritic and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  11. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    California?! Now those folks know how to riot! :munch:

12. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Horrible thread title. This guy sucks at making threads.

San Diego is on EDGE today. Shit is going down.

Roland Schwinn likes this.
  13. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    And instead of a partner, they need a lawyer to be at their side.

kinneyjames likes this.
  14. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't get caught in the crossfire...

[​IMG]

15. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    But wait...

The officers should have called for a time out. They could then check the video replay and properly assess whether or not it was indeed a weapon pointed at them. Calling an expert witness to assist, they should only need 1 or 2 minutes to conclude if indeed it was a weapon, if it was real or a toy.

Given more time with advanced editing software they should have been able to ascertain if it was even loaded.

16. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

Awwwwwww yeeeeeH! You going to go out and protest Dave?! If so stay safe and leave Swifty home!

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  17. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Nah, I'm working 20 miles away.

Hopefully they send us home.

Roland Schwinn likes this.
  18. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:

I hope you're one of the white guys they decide to beat up.

19. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    I wish that they try.

In order to be the king, you need to beat the king.

Legend gonna legend.

20. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Dont hispanics outnumber blacks in this city ? Why would 'shit go down' then ?