Latin Kings (street gang) Punish a Fellow Member with a Beatdown *Graphic*

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Mar 11, 2011.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Surveillance video of a Chicago street gang giving one of their own a beatdown as punishment for not carrying out orders.
    It looks as though they were trying to not hurt the guy seriously. This video was from 2006 but was released publicly yesterday.
    [LIVELEAK]0b1_1299823576[/LIVELEAK]

By Annie Sweeney Tribune reporter
    9:19 p.m. CST, March 10, 2011

The beating officially started with a quick crack to the back of the gang member’s head. And then about 15 others descended, punching and kicking him for two minutes.

The rapid-fire punches landed from all directions on his body, sounding strangely like corn popping. Then the victim fell to the floor and the group continued to pummel him with punches and kicks.

The gang member at the bottom of the heap, a Latin King in the Cicero section, was there for his “violation,†punishment in gang parlance. He had allegedly failed to follow through on an order from one of the four ranking Latin King members now on trial in federal court in Chicago.

The beatdown, planned ahead of time and carried out by his own fellow gang members, is not unusual on the street.

But in the darkened federal courtroom as a secretly recorded videotape of the beating was aired to the jury, it was a disturbing reflection of the violence that drives and unites gangs.

The four alleged Latin Kings  Augustin Zambrano, Vicente Garcia, Alphonso Chavez and Jose Guzman  are accused of racketeering, drug conspiracy and weapons offenses while running the 26th Street section of the Latin Kings. The gang’s influence reached into the suburbs, the reason prosecutors featured the west suburban beating in the trial.

It is an example, prosecutors said, of the violence that was orchestrated on behalf of the gang. Garcia, accused of being a “regional officer†for the gang, allegedly had ordered the punishment in an attempt to mediate a dispute between two Latin King members.

Gang literature, entered into evidence earlier at the trial, demands loyalty to a gang hierarchy. It references violations and protecting neighborhoods with guns.

Over two days of testimony, Nedal Issa, who headed the Cicero Latin Kings and oversaw the videotaped violation, explained to the jury how the beating unfolded.

Issa, who joined the gang at 13 and was promoted to “Inca†by 2006, had to mediate a dispute between one of his members  identified only as “Chongo†in the trial  and a Latin King from a different section.

“I was the Inca,†said Issa, who cooperated with authorities after he was caught up in the same federal conspiracy probe as the defendants. “So it was my responsibility to make sure none of the guys was involved in anything like that.â€Â

But no solution was found, so the problem wound up in Garcia’s hands, Issa testified.

“Since we couldn’t resolve it, that’s when the Latin King nation got involved,†he said.

Garcia ultimately decided that Chongo would be “violated†for the dispute and as a further punishment should shoot at a rival gang member within 72 hours, Issa testified he was told.

When Chongo failed to carry out the shooting, Issa was ordered to a meeting by Garcia. There Issa was violated, suffering fractured ribs and bruises in the attack, he testified.

Issa then followed through on the order to have Chongo violated. The March 2006 beating was captured by a video camera hidden by agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in a gang hangout with the help of an informant within the Latin Kings.

The lights in the courtroom in the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse were turned off Thursday as the black-and-white footage played.

As the punches accelerated  with some of the gang members landing blows with both arms  the victim can be heard grunting and groaning. At one point as the beating stopped, Issa called out, “Don’t stop, don’t stop,†he acknowledged in court.

Under cross-examination, attorneys for the four reputed gang leaders repeatedly asked Issa about his extensive criminal history and his hopes of receiving a break in his sentence for his cooperation. He also admitted that when he went to the hospital for medical care after his violation, he lied about his legal name to avoid paying the bill.

Nishay Sanan, one of the lawyers, pointed out that Issa lied for a “benefit†at the hospital and then asked him: “You’re also asking the government to give you a benefit here, right?â€Â

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/news/local/chibrknews-gang-beatdown-video-shown-to-jury-20110310,0,1896887.story

2. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Hors d'oeuvre Addict VIP

Reputations:
    Yea. Sounded like mostly fleshy body shots. Bet he was pretty bruised up the next morning though.

3. deverrant

deverrant VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    OMG, there are a ton of Latin Kings in Allentown. A bunch just got arrested. I read the article and recognized one of the names as someone I went to high school with. :facepalm:

4. deverrant

Reputations:
    BTW, initially it sounds like firecrackers. :jj:

5. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    what a pussy jump in.....some of those beaners looked they were gonna suck each other off

6. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    couple of them had a hard time kicking with their pants around their knee's.

7. HowieCalbo

HowieCalbo New Member

Reputations:
    Don't let this one incident ruin the reputation of a fine community activists group. I know members and they're all fine upstanding citizens.

8. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Gangs are cool. Where else can a bunch of guys get together without chicks and just enjoy each other's company?

Besides the bath house and prison :)

9. HowieCalbo

HowieCalbo New Member

Reputations:
    Maybe its just an escape for a few hours away from the nagging women.
    Nothing wrong with hanging out and if you all love a certain color its makes it even more fun. :mad:

10. HowieCalbo

HowieCalbo New Member

Reputations:
    There are females around too but they're cool.

11. GHP

Reputations:
    That guy in the video seemed to be enjoying himself :)

12. GHP

Reputations:
    Which ones were the women

13. HowieCalbo

HowieCalbo New Member

Reputations:
    Rules are rules. He knew what he was getting into.
    The younger ones. (18+)
    They go where the party is. Hangout houses are never ending parties. I've only heard of this though so don't take my word for it.

14. Mayan2012

Mayan2012 New Member

Reputations:
    I thought he did ok really.there was plenty of kicks and punches and he just got up and grabbed his jacket when they were done.even if they did get him again on the stairs.
    See that wee skinny fucker and the guy in the dark t-shirt,they were getting well into it.I know it what has too happen but for sure i would remember their faces for when they mess up and its time too punish them.

Apparently he was punished for not following orders,what was it he was ment too get a burger from mcdonlads and he got it from wendys instead.

15. GHP

Reputations:
    I've seen the gangster women Calbo :jj:

16. HowieCalbo

HowieCalbo New Member

Reputations:
    Hangout houses rock.
    We're getting ready to barbecue again. It was so nice yesterday we all felt like starting summer early. Uncover the grill, get some more gas, giant hunks of pork. Mmmmmmm.

I have family that are Latin Kings. They're all good people. :beer:

17. HowieCalbo

HowieCalbo New Member

Reputations:
    Not gangster women.
    Gangster groupies. They roll blunts when while we handle house business. I've only heard about these things though.

18. GHP

Reputations:
    OK you win gangster life is very rewarding and highly recommended to any young person who wishes to be successful :facepalm:

19. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    howie calbo is not an animal

20. deverrant

Reputations:
    In elementary school I was asked to joint the Pen 15 gang.